I found a bug while making a custom level, so it's on topic.

Started by TheJonyMyster, June 27, 2013, 11:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJonyMyster

So I made this room, but when you die in it, it makes an invisible block that stays in the room until you leave the room and come back. It's always in the same spot.

Now Terry HAS to update the game!

blue626

Weird. :o

What were the coordinates of the room?
Did you have horizontal and vertical moving platforms in that room (probably not)?
Were any of those platforms quicksand/disappearing (probably not)?
Yes, I'm trying to know why that happens.

EDIT: Only after posting this I noticed the white text. Speaking seriously, I doubt it will be fixed.

allison

Are you sure it only happens when you die? Were you using Direct Mode? ???

TheJonyMyster

I only have 2.0, so no direct mode. No moving platforms, either. There were disappear.
coords are 12, 5. AND THE ENTIRE BOTTOM ROW OF ROOMS DELETED THEMSELVES.
THIS SERIOUSLY NEEDS TO BE FIXED.

blue626

Quote from: TheJonyMyster on June 28, 2013, 05:39:27 PM
coords are 12, 5.

... 12,5 is, in the main game, "Building Apport" (the Tower's exit). I wonder if that's related...
Did you have any scripts in that room? Also:
Quote from: crazyal02 on June 28, 2013, 03:19:59 PM
Are you sure it only happens when you die?
[edit]Were you using invincibility?[/edit]

Off-topic: Are you sure that room was possible (even w/o the glitch)? The top disappearing platform seems to make it impossible due to :viridian: 's height...

TheJonyMyster

The room was impossible at the time, but I fixed that.
The bug happened with and without any scripts.
I'm pretty sure Building Apport had to do with it.
Of course no invincibility, how would I know it only happened when I die if I couldn't die?
Also, :viridian:'s height is key in the room.
(oh god, not the room)

blue626

Quote from: TheJonyMyster on June 30, 2013, 04:13:05 AM
Of course no invincibility, how would I know it only happened when I die if I couldn't die?

Oh, right. (face-palm)

I'm pretty sure Building Apport had to do with it.

It was just an idea, though. I don't know why it's related to invisible blocks... in what position in the room the block is? Maybe post a screenshot of the entire room?

Also, :viridian:'s height is key in the room.
(oh god, not the room)

Look at the top, the gap between the ceiling and the disappearing platform is 2 tiles (I think...).  :viridian: is taller than 2 tiles, so I don't understand how I could pass that room...
Oh, wait, I just realised it's from right to left and not reverse, like I thought. (face-palm)

Dav999

Maybe it helps if you attach the level file so everyone can see what happens. :o

EDIT: I tried recreating the room in 12,5, and it also happened!

I found that the glitch happens only if you already stepped on the platform, even if you die after stepping on it. If you die several times after that, you will fall through the floating platform but you will be temporarily flipped. It even happens if I change the room to this:

:vitellary:

TheJonyMyster

How do I release the room by itself and not the whole room?
I made a LOT of level.
Also, I changed the level a lot since it looked like what you saw (for example, the level is actually possible.)