Double Trouble (v1.2)

Started by allison, July 06, 2013, 05:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allison

Yes, that's really the name. Anyways:

Room duality is back! And this time it's... er... the same as before, but also different! :viridian:

Anyways, if you play the level, you get 8 :shiny:s, and 40 rooms. To install (if you have VVVVVV 2.3+), put the zip directly in your levels folder without extracting it!

Changelog:

v1.2

• Added a custom map screen! If you just put the attached zip directly into your levels folder without extracting, the game will display a proper minimap.
  • Updated name credit
  • You can now collect the trinket in "Viridian the Ninja" without dying
v1.1

• Added some spikes to Vici Per Vi to prevent sequence breaking
  • Removed a checkpoint from "Don't You Want It?"

TheJonyMyster

This level is too hard. I can't even get into the first room!

allison

Quote from: TheJonyMyster on July 06, 2013, 08:43:42 PM
This level is too hard. I can't even get into the first room!

???

Explain why the first room is difficult

TheJonyMyster

Not the first room, before the first room.

You know, the download.
How do I even get the level?

allison

Quote from: TheJonyMyster on July 06, 2013, 10:11:41 PM
Not the first room, before the first room.

You know, the download.
How do I even get the level?

Attached now.

TheJonyMyster

Nice! But a some level making tips: Try not to make your checkpoints tough the wall for aesthetic reasons. Same with keeping trinkets/warp tokens off of the floor/ceiling/walls.
SMALL SPOILER ALERT
And this:

Is skippable if you jump from the edge of the top.
Finally, this:

Doesn't look very good and can be easily avoided.

Enemies in Don't You Want it passes through a checkpoint. This can give you 10 immediate deaths.
I Won Through Force-Vici Per Ci is insane, especially on returning to I Won Through Force. You have to do some crazy wiggling to dodge enemies.
Through careful slipping, I skipped the lower, spiky part of Vici Per Ci.
It's quite a good level, although you can make more duality rooms than just two paths.

allison

the great updatening part 2. i forgot this level existed, but apparently it had 349 downloads. it's a simple romp using the concept of "room duality": that is, making your level only two screens tall. this can lead to some funky level design since vvvvvv levels wrap around on all sides.

the biggest thing this update adds is a custom minimap image! i consider this a favor to past-me, who was obsessed with video game maps. to preserve the original vibe of the level, no other assets have been added.