butt
5 (15.6%)
sauce
21 (65.6%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closes: July 23, 2037, 11:30:05 PM

bugmenot

TmanDaCool1

Sorry for the bump, but when I collect Vermillion, I get stuck and can't move.  :victoria:

EDIT: Oops! I accidentally posted this on the wrong thread!

SJMistery

yeah, i also get stuck in the last cutscene, after getting the 20th trinket. i wish i could edit the level on the make and play edition, i would solve the problem in a minute  :victoria:

ToasterApocalypse

o
ya
i no longer maintain this level
or any other level i make
so
as a giant 'fuck you' (except not really) im not gonna fix bugs
k

stylzm

Quote from: ToasterApocalypse on October 17, 2014, 05:38:06 PM
o
ya
so
k
Profanity is wrong.

allison

Quote from: stylzm on October 17, 2014, 06:13:09 PM
o
ya
so
k
Profanity is wrong.
Good, I never f*cking swear

SJMistery

it was as simple as create a warp token at the start of the heaven to get to the last zone... if i jut could open the level with the editor...

Lollipop

Quote from: crazyal02 on October 17, 2014, 08:11:18 PM
Quote from: stylzm on October 17, 2014, 06:13:09 PM
o
ya
so
k
Profanity is wrong.
Good, I never fucking swear

*facepalm*

allison

TmanDaCool1

I am having another bug. When I rescue  :verdigris: , the game doesn't do anything. But in editor mode, it works just fine! Why?  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

EDIT: OK, now it seems to work when it wants to. PLEASE fix, the level is unplayable with this bug!  :victoria:

TmanDaCool1

Yet another bug, the terminal in Minesweeper doesn't seem to do anything!  :victoria:

SJMistery

pikachu, you can load the level in editor? i cant even do that... i you can, simply add a warp token at the end of the levels to ensure that if you get stuck, you can simply save, quit and reload it and take the warp token to go to the intended destination

moth 🦋

He did that on "hi here is my map"

ZeNewDragon

...So is this no longer getting updated? I'm going to go ahead and leave a feedback dump anyway. Take it with a bit of salt.

I think what you've done using internal scripting here is really interesting. I really like the duplicate rooms before the Polar Dimension in Chapter 1, and the rotating rooms in Chapter 3.

In terms of the plot, it's pretty over the top (which I enjoy), but the dialogue is really heavy-handed in some places. Vertigo killing Vermilion at the end of chapter 2 in particular feels a tad bit bizarre, a lot of it due to the wording (the whole deadly bacteria thing feels out of place, too). An exchange more like:
Quote"Rats, I missed! I only had a single charge of that!"
:viridian: "Please don't tell me..."
:viridian: "He'll respawn, right?"
:viridian: "...right?"
"That blast sets the game to no-death mode. Your friend isn't coming back."
:viridian: "So he's really gone?"
*sad*
:viridian: "...Vermilion..."
feels better to me, and it would leave a bigger impact on me as a player.

Along with that, some of the other dialogue in the level feels robotic because it doesn't use contractions.

In terms of actual gameplay, from what I've played so far, the level is hard, but little of it has been flat out ridiculous. That being said, there are definitely a few screens that feel a bit excessive. The screen with the biggest issues, I think, is Line Guards. Not only can the player get stuck very easily in the single block platforms connecting to the grav lines, but the last portion of the screen requires a bit too much precision on the player's part to get through after the section preceding it. It feels daunting because of the distance between there and the checkpoint. It's not the worst thing in the world, but I thought I would mention it.

Catastrophic Cavern has this same problem. Even though the section after the middle row wasn't particularly difficult, it still felt daunting. It didn't help that the next screen had a gravity line at the bottom that bounced me up into the previous screen and into an enemy while I was scouting out the room. I had to do the entire thing again. Dick move.

In the Switchback Stabilizer room, I didn't realize that I would respawn there when I died. A checkpoint on the ceiling (pre-flip) would be nice to have as an indicator of that.

The level as a whole is surprisingly linear. I would've liked to see both of the first two levels open at the start, but this would probably require more scripting work than it would be worth.

The level is prone to breaking after the Gravitron segments. I haven't completed it yet because of it.

And that's it so far. I've really been enjoying a lot of this level. I realize you're probably not working on it anymore, but I figured I may as well voice my opinions.