Let's Brainstorm Room Names!

Started by Lollipop, January 02, 2015, 03:17:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lollipop

If you post room names, know that: Everyone can use these. They cannot be inappropriate. You can ask for your name in credits. Those are all the rules. Be sure to give as much as possible, I'll need these for future maps.

allison

Science Team Has Vapor For Brains

(in succession, in a couple of tricky rooms)
Go visit [name of level] they said!
It'll be fun, they said!

(in a room with lots of box-shaped enemies)
Lolo and Lala

Being credited isn't necessary, but it would be cool

i'm not petrikov

Quote from: Lollipop on January 02, 2015, 03:17:55 AMIf you post room names, know that: Everyone can use these. They cannot be inappropriate. You can ask for your name in credits. Those are all the rules. Be sure to give as much as possible, I'll need these for future maps.
good thing these rules can't be enforced

allison

I'm flipping out!
xyzzy
UUDDLRLRBA-START-
Hexagon
Hexagoner
Hexagonest
Hyper Hexagon
Hyper Hexagoner
Hyper Hexagonest

@Kreator

I like it when I see cool "V" words, because then I think those would make really cool oc or room names.

prrg

I Want a V, I Want a V - For screens where you must make a V letter with gravity lines to dodge spikes

onepamop_wl

SJMistery

who deleted my post? there were a lot of names on it...

ZUXi03

Think Outside The VVV - For levels with a hard way and an abstract easy way.
Counting to (1-20) - This would be a whole sequence of 20 rooms of Veni Vidi Vici.
Rainbow Road - For a direct mode room with all colors, tons of enemies and holes to fall through.
Don't Look Back - This is a reference to another one of Terry's games, Don't Look Back. It's just some red hills, a Direct-Mode grave and some spikes scattered.
Can You Feel The Love? - Love shaped enemies, a huge love heart and a warp token door. You need to get into the middle of the heart to delete the warp tokens.
Or Can't You Feel The Love? - This is the next room to Can You Feel The Love? and features the broken heart enemies and a broken heart in the middle. Same thing.
BUCKLE YO PANTS - A reference to BattleBlock Theatre. It's a huge stage with curtains and tons of spikes. Between the spikes are 2 pixel spaces to jump into.

That Souleye Crewmate

Now in VD - For one of the first rooms.
Doing Very Vell - Somewhere around the middle of the level or after a hard room
Bounce, Bounce, Evolution - Obviously room with gravlines
UltraMurderSmashotron 2000 - For a very hard room
To V or not to V - For a room leading to either the hard version or the easy version of the area.
$weet Cash - A room with those floating "coin" enemies.

I'd like to be credited. I'll also make sure to check out ur levels Lollipop!

-

think freely... for a room with nothing.
and the next:
think v-ly!
for a room which is hard,but can go back through a warp line to proceed.

That Souleye Crewmate

So many people joining dware now

VeeC7

We Pace The Energy - for a room in a level that uses the song Paced Energy
Spike Supply Deployed - for a room that has lots of spikes
Your fate is just predestined -  For a room in a level that uses the song "Predestined Fate"
Misstep - for a room with lots of spikes, it is so difficult to pass
Imprisonment - for a room that looks like a Jail
The Prisoner - for a room with a crewmate inside it
Ceti Alpha Vee - whatever ;)
Do Nothing - for an automatic room
No Way/Yes Way - for two rooms, one being different from the other (Room Duality)
Viridian's Room Is Alive/Dead - for a series of two rooms, warp directions being different (Room Duality)
Give Me A W - for a room where you must make a W to dodge spikes
Rainbow City - for a room using the lab tileset with the rainbow background (tilecol=6)
Pole Reversal - for a gray room, it uses the Warp Zone tileset with the Polar Dimension background (tilecol=6)
Pushing Offwards - for what?
Vetris - for a room that looks like the Tetris video game
Ha Ha Ha Not Really - for a room after a room named "Level Complete!" or anything else
The Tower - for a series of rooms going up, (Note: Warping background will make the background look most like the actual level itself)
Rube Voldberg Machine - for a room that looks hard but plays itself
Rube VVVVVV Machine - the room after that, but much more difficult
Challenge egnellahG - for a hard room that is symmetrical

shape worrior t

Hop, Hop, Donut Lifts and variations - for a room with disappearing platforms
Gotta Flip Gotta Flip Now and variations - for... uh... whatever fits, honestly. :viridian:

That Souleye Crewmate

Click the edit button next to your post instead of doubleposting.