Stellar Matter (WIP / Demo)

Started by Asmodean_, February 27, 2016, 07:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZeNewDragon

Why the hell does the last warp token in the shift zone put me on a ledge next to spikes instead of just putting me over the checkpoint?

Also, having to guess which exit to take in the first blueshift is atrocious.

QwertymanO07

Quote from: Asmodean_ on March 13, 2016, 04:52:02 PM
Never underestimate the power of direct-mode'd backing. The backing line (that shows the path through the Green Zone) goes over itself.
Yeah, I noticed that, but forgot to mention it.  Maybe that kind of thing is why I like this level.

Another thing about the Green Zone is that you can easily skip Intersection by simply timing your flip so you land in the platforms while still in the first section.  You might want to fix that or make a special dialogue line for it.
Because it's quicker to type in. I'll rename it once it's finished etc. It was originally going to be Dimension 904 but that's the most generic name I've ever seen.
If it's any consolation, I have to manually type the "qwerty-" in every level I make.  You could also change the name just before uploading.

moth 🦋

Quote from: QwertymanO07 on March 14, 2016, 05:12:41 AM
Because it's quicker to type in. I'll rename it once it's finished etc. It was originally going to be Dimension 904 but that's the most generic name I've ever seen.
If it's any consolation, I have to manually type the "qwerty-" in every level I make.  You could also change the name just before uploading.
If this helps, any time I want to work on the polar paradox (which is rare but still) I have type "The Polar Paradox" and then go to my levels folder to find the most recent version, ex. "The Polar Paradox1.5.16". I obviously don't remember when it was last worked on, so I have to do this EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Asmodean_

Quote from: ZeNewDragon on March 13, 2016, 09:21:36 PM
Why the hell does the last warp token in the shift zone put me on a ledge next to spikes instead of just putting me over the checkpoint?
Yeah I just noticed that. I just always got to that token going left after wrapping round so I never spiked myself. Moved it to the checkpoint.

i don't use this site anymore, please don't look at my posts

Quote from: crazya02 on March 13, 2016, 06:25:43 PM
Quote from: Lollipop on March 13, 2016, 05:27:47 PM
I'm not a huge fan of Ved either, but once it's complete i bet its going to be amazing
I've been using it exclusively lately since it can do pretty much everything the built-in editor can and a bit more.

I would use it more but Ved runs very slowly on my computer, like 6 FPS. Does anyone know how to help?

Ally 🌠

Quote from: Vultarix on March 14, 2016, 06:42:46 PM
Quote from: crazya02 on March 13, 2016, 06:25:43 PM
Quote from: Lollipop on March 13, 2016, 05:27:47 PM
I'm not a huge fan of Ved either, but once it's complete i bet its going to be amazing
I've been using it exclusively lately since it can do pretty much everything the built-in editor can and a bit more.

I would use it more but Ved runs very slowly on my computer, like 6 FPS. Does anyone know how to help?
Turn your refresh rate to 60fps

Dav999

Quote from: Vultarix on March 14, 2016, 08:05:38 PM
How do i do dat
You're on Windows 7, right?

Right click the desktop > "screen resolution" > "advanced settings" > "monitor" tab. (labels may be different because I translated them)

Also please post what your current refresh rate is, so I can note that in case someone else has this problem.

Im st 60 Hertz but thats the only one

Asmodean_

New update: v904.04

6/11 zones complete, all things above (except Ved stuff I cba to do any of that) fixed.
See first page for download

Lollipop

wait, why is it v904? what happened to the first 903?

Asmodean_

Well it's dimension 904 cause that's the model of my laptop.

Lollipop

Asmodean_

Quote from: Asmodean_ on February 27, 2016, 08:57:26 PM
Quote from: QwertymanO07 on February 27, 2016, 08:54:25 PM
Uhh, you kinda need some screenshots here.

Actually, where's that thing?
Quote from: crazya02 on September 25, 2015, 03:31:29 AM

I'm sahray I'll do that when I'm on the computer next.

- Sent from my Windows Phone.

It only took me the best part of a month but finally I do have screenshots!

Lollipop

holy crap that's a nice screenshot

cant wait for the finished version