5 Rooms

Started by LafondaSaysMeow, June 30, 2016, 03:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LafondaSaysMeow

5 Rooms
What an amazing name!
This is a short-ish linear level that I at first wasn't going to upload.
But then it got bigger.
Basically, you traverse through 5 rooms of a chosen genre and at the end, you warp to the next 5 rooms of another genre.
Like outside, or a lab.
This level doesn't have that much scripting, and I may have screwed up in the final area.
Here's a screenshot.

Hate is wanted, I probably won't update this level (EDIT: (EDIT: I tried updating it... but it didn't work... so I'm just going to abandon this level.)I updated it, now that final bit isn't skippable), and I am still working on terminality.
I have two separate computers with two separate level saves, this one, and terminality.
This level I thought was good enough to upload, but not good enough to consider it a "project".

lamourieparkinson

Lafonda, we meet again.

I completed your level and I just want to say that I hate you. I was forced to use invincibility FIVE TIMES during the level.

Golden Spiral's got nothing on this garbage.

moth 🦋

Nice, sweet level. The difficulty curve is well done. The single tiles in "Insanity Loop" were sort of killing me, but the rest was really well done. Overall, it was a somewhat easy level.

LafondaSaysMeow

Quote from: lamourieparkinson on June 30, 2016, 05:35:07 PM
I was forced to use invincibility FIVE TIMES during the level.
Quote from: ShinyKitten07 on June 30, 2016, 06:48:05 PM
Overall, it was a somewhat easy level.

moth 🦋

Discrepancy Detected.

lol...ipops2

Viridan

level was a moderately refreshing, likable challenge; most of the time anyways. there was quite an awkward difficulty spike around "grasslands" and "keep going", especially since grasslands makes you wait for exactly the right frame just to drop onto the disappearing platform and keep going quickly contrasts it with a bunch of fast-paced platforming. "intensified" was also annoying, but mostly because of the random flashes.
not to mention that the direction of the level was only changed once you got to the final rows and the, er, optional DTTHW clone, and even then it retains a predictable pattern.

lamourieparkinson

Nice, sweet level. The difficulty curve is well done. The single tiles in "Insanity Loop" were sort of killing me, but the rest was really well done. Overall, it was a somewhat easy level.

Somewhat easy? SOMEWHAT EASY?!!

This is even harder than Golden Spiral! I had to use invincibility FIVE TIMES to complete the whole thing! Beating this level without
dying once is just plain impossible!

LafondaSaysMeow

Quote from: lamourieparkinson on June 30, 2016, 08:35:57 PM
This is even harder than Golden Spiral!
Complete the whole golden spiral veni vidi vici segment without slowdown or invincibility, then play this level, and tell me what level you had more deaths on.

Ally 🌠

Who cares if you are a horrible player
It's an easy map
No need to call it garbage
If you plan on being a dick, eat one instead because we don't want to hear your shit

LafondaSaysMeow

lamourieparkinson

Quote from: LafondaSaysMeow on June 30, 2016, 08:54:10 PM
Quote from: lamourieparkinson on June 30, 2016, 08:35:57 PM
This is even harder than Golden Spiral!
Complete the whole golden spiral veni vidi vici segment without slowdown or invincibility, then play this level, and tell me what level you had more deaths on.
Challenge accepted.

(later)
225 deaths. It took me 350 deaths to complete this level as a whole.

moth 🦋

how is that later
you didn't even edit your post
that's very fishy if you ask me

LafondaSaysMeow

nah the only thing that's fishy is the fact that he said that the level is harder than the golden spiral before, meaning that he already did the segment before

Ally 🌠

Lafonda you are finally at 69 posts congrats

My guess is he needs a reason to call it trash.
He makes up a random reason, just because he doesn't like you, and try's to play it off.