Rescue on Polaris by Insani - ( MODERATE DIFFICULTY ) -

Started by Insani, July 30, 2011, 06:36:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Insani

This is my third level I made, the second can be found Here

Rescue on Polaris!

A distress call sent from Polaris, thought to have no life on it, has been picked up from your ship.
You fly in to investigate, knowing not that there is quite the adventure in store for you...

A level of moderate difficulty, although the trinket parts can be a bit difficult.

Download link is Here.

Insani

Sorry for double post but uh, would anyone mind playtesting it for me?  :(

I think there's no bugs, not sure though.

Wolkenfiech

And in the room Service Tunnel you get slayed by the ring while youre on the chekpoint... should set the ring not move to the chekpoint ;)

... If you jump from the 3´d trinket to the right you glitch to the room on the right bottom corner...

Another glitch on the room service tunnel if you jump on top of the uppest wall you stuck in it and switch between this and the upper room fast till you move to the right (head to the chekpoint)

Another glitch go to the blue crew member the manager... go the west and then back have fun with the dialog again ;)

So i think thats all i am found it was a verry easy lvl but it made a lot of fun glitches besides... ;)

6/10  :viridian:

Insani

Alright, thanks. I'll try to fix them as soon as I can.

About the manager's dialogue, I'm afraid I don't know how to make it happen only once.  :victoria:

And weird, I guess I never saw that because I died before I could go back down.  ::)

And oh, I had that problem with the rings killing me on checkpoint, but I thought I fixed that.

:-[

edit

Okay, I fixed the glitches you told me about, except the manager one.

Wolkenfiech

Quote from: Wolkenfiech on July 30, 2011, 11:40:14 AM
... If you jump from the 3´d trinket to the right you glitch to the room on the right bottom corner...

Another glitch on the room service tunnel if you jump on top of the uppest wall you stuck in it and switch between this and the upper room fast till you move to the right (head to the chekpoint)

These 2 are still in but the others are fixed ;)
you can add me on skype / gamersoul17 so i can show you where i mean the bugs are ;)

Insani

Quote from: Wolkenfiech on July 30, 2011, 12:49:05 PM
Quote from: Wolkenfiech on July 30, 2011, 11:40:14 AM

These 2 are still in but the others are fixed ;)
you can add me on skype / gamersoul17 so i can show you where i mean the bugs are ;)

Really? I thought I fixed all of them...

Don't worry, I know what rooms you mean. I could swear I blocked off the glitches though. Let me check again.

Okay, I fixed one, It's kinda late, I'll fix the other tomorrow.  :-[

Okay, just fixed it. Couldn't find the other glitch you mentioned.  :(

Wolkenfiech

Ive recorded the glitch it´s the whole wall.
Not just the side i jumped in...
So if you jump to the wall from left you also fly arrounr the whole galaxy  ;D

I hope i could help you ;)

Btw: sorry for the death´s and the laags but my pc isnt made to capture videos...   :'(

http://uploaded.to/file/wk3q96ea

TheoX

Rating #013
Enjoyment: 9/10
Aesthetics: 4/10
Novelty: 9/10
Difficulty: 8/10
Room Names: 5/10

This one feels more balanced than the last one of yours that I played.  I liked the story a lot, and the way you changed music all the time.  The only gripe I have is that a lot of the obstacle sections felt very similar.  Still, a very fun and interesting level.  Nice work!

Insani

Quote from: Wolkenfiech on July 30, 2011, 08:57:31 PM

Btw: sorry for the death´s and the laags but my pc isnt made to capture videos...   :'(

The download doesn't work for me. Can you take a screenshot of you, maybe you in the area and then you being in the glitcH?  :)

Wolkenfiech

hmm the link works for me...

You klick on free download wait 12 seconds and the download starts...

To open the file you need winrar or winzip (its to make the files smaller so the upload was going faster)

Insani

Doesn't for me, I know that I'm supposed to click the button, but when it finishes counting down it takes me to an invalid page.

Ice

This one is really fun. The story thing is great, and it really gave a sense of purpose to the whole thing. It's really short though, and really easy. I think I had like 30 something deaths on my first try, and most were from the one in your picture. Even the trinkets were pretty easy. I also expected a more climactic ending, instead of just some room. It's still really neat though, and well polished.

Franz24

Great level! I enjoyed the story, and getting the trinkets was fun too!  :)

Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Insani

Quote from: Ice on July 31, 2011, 02:43:24 PM
This one is really fun. The story thing is great, and it really gave a sense of purpose to the whole thing. It's really short though, and really easy. I think I had like 30 something deaths on my first try, and most were from the one in your picture. Even the trinkets were pretty easy. I also expected a more climactic ending, instead of just some room. It's still really neat though, and well polished.

Yeah, I'm not very good at VVVVVV, actually, so most of my levels probably won't be 'extreme'. (It took me between 100-250 deaths to finish it, not sure.)

My next level will be a bit harder story-ways, but have a series of brutal challenges (rather simple challenges, but rows of them and no saves, the final one will probably be ~4 rooms tall and have only 1 save point at the beggining.)  :vermillion:

Edit:

And about the story, yeah, I suppose it could have had a better ending. The next one will have a much better ending.  :D

JoKiv

Quote from: Insani on July 31, 2011, 04:29:47 AM
Quote from: Wolkenfiech on July 30, 2011, 08:57:31 PM

The download doesn't work for me. Can you take a screenshot of you, maybe you in the area and then you being in the glitcH?  :)

I assumed your deaths are not part of the glitch so I took over 1 minute off from your video :)
http: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlcWbKicDRg (video removed)

I'll remove video from youtube once issue is resolved.