Introducing: The Tower Tiles Graphics Sheet!

Started by weee50, March 19, 2017, 01:20:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weee50

Ever wanted to use the Tower tileset in custom VVVVVV levels, but found out you can't? Well, look no further, as I have added the Tower tileset into the tilesheet!

To get your tiles, look for your VVVVVV folder (that contains levels and saves) and create a "graphics" folder. (If you already have one, back it up.) Then, just put the file in the "graphics" folder! (Don't rename it from "tiles2", it won't work if you do). Finally, (re)load VVVVVV, select a tileset that isn't Space Station, and enable Direct Mode! You should see the Tower tiles in the Direct Mode menu.

If you use Ved, the same steps apply.

You know what would be really nice to have?  A tutorial on how to make custom graphics.  I've always wanted to know how...

Anyway, that's cool.  I don't really care about custom tiles, but I think this could come in handy for many people!

moth 🦋

Quote from: Quote on March 19, 2017, 01:57:10 AM
You know what would be really nice to have?  A tutorial on how to make custom graphics.  I've always wanted to know how...

Anyway, that's cool.  I don't really care about custom tiles, but I think this could come in handy for many people!
custom tiles are literally the easiest thing ever
I made a tutorial for m3tro
like literally how do you not know how to make custom graphics like dude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUzyy-YDw6I

I'll make a better one later and sorry about the steam noise it makes at the end

Quote from: LOLLERPOOPS IS BACK AGAIN! on March 19, 2017, 01:29:00 AM
We know how to install graphics.
Also, the problem with this is that it messes up on what blocks are solid or not, and many have asked if this is possible. Simple summary: this won't work, we will never have the tower tileset.
Tolp2 uses a different way of implementing tower tiles, and it's just one color.
Lol...ipops, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

but seriously, what the fuck are you trying to say? all the tiles he added are completely solid and this works fine

I'm sorry...I've just never known how it worked.  I've never seen a formal tutorial or anything like that, so I just assumed it was so complex it was too hard to explain.  I know, kinda dumb :P

moth 🦋

i can type it out for you if you like
if you go into your steam folder for vvvvvv
there'll be a data.zip
copy the folder "graphics" in it to Documents/VVVVVV
now you can edit them
make sure to use an editor that supports transparency
like paint.net
don't use ms paint
and edit away

Ah, thank you!  Your video also made sense.  Sorry for my stupid haha

moth 🦋

Quote from: Quote on March 19, 2017, 03:11:39 AM
Ah, thank you!  Your video also made sense.  Sorry for my stupid haha
its fine

allison

Quote from: shiny k on March 19, 2017, 02:21:56 AM
custom tiles are literally the easiest thing ever
I made a tutorial for m3tro
like literally how do you not know how to make custom graphics like dude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUzyy-YDw6I

I'll make a better one later and sorry about the steam noise it makes at the end
---
Lol...ipops, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

but seriously, what the fuck are you trying to say? all the tiles he added are completely solid and this works fine
hey. shiny k.

chill.

moth 🦋

I think you missed the point of crazya's statement, sorry about further derailing the topic.

Unless you're being sarcastic I can never tell lol

moth 🦋

Quote from: Quote on March 19, 2017, 12:51:03 PM
I think you missed the point of crazya's statement, sorry about further derailing the topic.

Unless you're being sarcastic I can never tell lol
what
Quote from: weee50 on March 19, 2017, 01:20:08 AM
Ever wanted to use the Tower tileset in custom VVVVVV levels, but found out you can't? Well, look no further, as I have added the Tower tileset into the tilesheet!

To get your tiles, look for your VVVVVV folder (that contains levels and saves) and create a "graphics" folder. (If you already have one, back it up.) Then, just put the file in the "graphics" folder! (Don't rename it from "tiles2", it won't work if you do). Finally, (re)load VVVVVV, select a tileset that isn't Space Station, and enable Direct Mode! You should see the Tower tiles in the Direct Mode menu.

If you use Ved, the same steps apply.
ok the point is that this is actually a really cool thing and thank you for making it
albeit if I don't end up using it maybe I'll use a part of it for a level
thanks much anyway