VVVVVV Internal Scripting Resource (For scripting, sound effects, etc.)

Started by i don't use this site anymore, please don't look at my posts, April 11, 2016, 02:04:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prrg

Is there a way to make a text box of different color without creating an entirely new crewmate? (or to at least hide the crewmate off-screen?)

moth 🦋

Quote from: prrg on March 30, 2017, 12:49:31 PM
Is there a way to make a text box of different color without creating an entirely new crewmate? (or to at least hide the crewmate off-screen?)

you realize he's creating the crewmates at coordinate -25,-25 right
that literally hides them offscreen

prrg

I do realize that but when I created the crewmate at coordinate -25, -25 he just fell down from the corner of the screen to me.

lol...ipops2

Quote from: prrg on March 30, 2017, 03:08:36 PM
I do realize that but when I created the crewmate at coordinate -25, -25 he just fell down from the corner of the screen to me.
Make sure there are solid tiles near -25 -25.

Ally 🌠

fraZ0R

What happens if you say , have the crewmate created be a color number higher than 6 , say 10. What color text would that result in?

Dav999

QwertymanO07

If you're talking about the createcrewman() textbox color glitch, unfortunately crewmate color does not affect it.  In fact, crewmate color just never affects anything.

fraZ0R

Ally 🌠

lol...ipops2

Dav999

Quote from: QwertymanO07 on April 01, 2017, 01:23:38 AM
If you're talking about the createcrewman() textbox color glitch, unfortunately crewmate color does not affect it.  In fact, crewmate color just never affects anything.
Actually, as far as I remember the equivalent color number is filled in for the red color value, so you can influence the color very slightly.

Quote from: 5tr4 on April 01, 2017, 11:20:36 AM
Dav , how do you make an orange text box??
Simple, either just find out where the text box colors are stored in the machine code of VVVVVV and customize them (and tell anyone playing your level to do the same), adjust the settings of your monitor to be so strange that text boxes show up differently (and tell anyone playing your level to do the same), or just add hypnotizing elements to your level.

fraZ0R

Or you could alter the tiles.png to alter the color of one of the textboxes

QwertymanO07

Textboxes are made with code, so unfortunately, that wouldn't work.

Quote from: Dav999 on April 01, 2017, 04:05:16 PM
Actually, as far as I remember the equivalent color number is filled in for the red color value, so you can influence the color very slightly.
I just tested this, and it affected blue instead, so that puts us even further from orange.