Some difficulty spikes here and there: 1.5
Impossible: 0

Room Design
Scribble: 0
Proper room design(Like in the real VVVVVV): 2

Trinkets
Impossible trinkets: 0
More than two trinkets in the same room: 0
Trinkets that you MUST obtain no matter what: 0.5 (if you are doing some sort of trinket lock thing you get a 2)
Comletely hidden, ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE to find, trinkets: 1
Well-placed optional trinkets that most of the time can be found: 2

If you go over the limit and make it better you can receive up to 5 bonus points

Post your level in this thread

If you don't know how to make it so you play as  :vitellary: instead of :viridian: here is the code.
Create two scripts. Place the first one on start (You will need different ones for each checkpoint)

name of first script:
iftrinkets(0,name of second script)

name of second script:
say(3)
gotoroom(x coordinate of room that it's in, y coordinate of room that it's in)
changeplayercolour(yellow)
loadscript(stop)
text(1,0,0,4)
[Blank line]

they can be named anything you want as long as the first one loads the second
(Thanks for telling me this Kiwi)

I will also enter (just putting that out there so you know)

The end date is 20/05/17

I will judge all entries(except mine) and the top 3 will be put up on a poll to decide who wins.

Good luck! :viridian:

Ally 🌠

you have to put the first on each checkpoint actually, and you need gotoroom in the second one so you can't press r to reset to viridian

anyways I guess I'll join

cheesefactory

I'm going to be honest - Your point system is bad. It will force everyone to make a level with 6 zones, 16 trinkets and medium difficulty. This is super limiting, and not all good levels fall into these categories. For example, Quantum Tunnel would fail your challenge because there's only one zone, no internal scripting, only 8 trinkets and no direct mode. But we can all agree that Quantum Tunnel is amazing.

This sounds like a cool challenge, but please change the requirements.

moth 🦋

why do you have to use both internal and simplified scripting to get more points? can't I just only use internal? you wouldn't even be able to tell the difference if I did, and internal can do everything simplified can do, plus more. and what if I want to make just one huge map? do I have to have multiple zones? and why do I need to use manual mode and automatic mode? cant I just use manual? would you even be able to tell? and what about multi mode? does that count as automatic or manual? if I only used multi mode, how many points would I get?

uugr

I agree with all the problems with the point system problems stated by the others. I'd also add that I think the point system is to mechanically-focused. Any level with 6 zones, 16 trinkets and even barely passable room design/scripting gets full points. The only point of any real competition would be difficulty, and even then I don't think it would be all that challenging to get something as wide-ranging as 'medium-hard'.

An example of a better, less concrete system that permits more leniency and would provide for a more interesting contest would be this (using trinkets as an example):

No trinkets: 0
Randomly placed/unmissable trinkets only: 0
Obnoxious, poorly-executed optional trinket challenges: 0.5 (ex. making a player do a room twice for a trinket)
Decent hidden/optional challenge trinkets: 1
Trinkets that integrate themselves into the level design: 2 (ex. Prize For the Reckless, Quantum Tunnel)

...and that's just off the top of my head. It's not a  great system, but you can see how it provides some gray area and allows for levels to be ranked against each other instead of just in a vacuum. You could say 'this level's trinkets get a 1.7, but this one's just a 0.3' and they'd actually have a noticeable difference in quality, instead of being just different in quality. Hell, your system puts VXVXVX above something like Line Wrap, which is pretty clearly just... WRONG.

Also, wait, I just realized. Doesn't playing as :vitellary: NECESSITATE IS? You need IS to change color... That's a free 1.5 points.

Duckman50001

Quote from: cheesefactory on April 29, 2017, 09:58:06 PM
I'm going to be honest - Your point system is bad. It will force everyone to make a level with 6 zones, 16 trinkets and medium difficulty. This is super limiting, and not all good levels fall into these categories. For example, Quantum Tunnel would fail your challenge because there's only one zone, no internal scripting, only 8 trinkets and no direct mode. But we can all agree that Quantum Tunnel is amazing.

This sounds like a cool challenge, but please change the requirements.

Quote from: shiny k on April 30, 2017, 12:06:09 AM
why do you have to use both internal and simplified scripting to get more points? can't I just only use internal? you wouldn't even be able to tell the difference if I did, and internal can do everything simplified can do, plus more. and what if I want to make just one huge map? do I have to have multiple zones? and why do I need to use manual mode and automatic mode? cant I just use manual? would you even be able to tell? and what about multi mode? does that count as automatic or manual? if I only used multi mode, how many points would I get?

Quote from: uugr on April 30, 2017, 02:12:37 AM
I agree with all the problems with the point system problems stated by the others. I'd also add that I think the point system is to mechanically-focused. Any level with 6 zones, 16 trinkets and even barely passable room design/scripting gets full points. The only point of any real competition would be difficulty, and even then I don't think it would be all that challenging to get something as wide-ranging as 'medium-hard'.

An example of a better, less concrete system that permits more leniency and would provide for a more interesting contest would be this (using trinkets as an example):

No trinkets: 0
Randomly placed/unmissable trinkets only: 0
Obnoxious, poorly-executed optional trinket challenges: 0.5 (ex. making a player do a room twice for a trinket)
Decent hidden/optional challenge trinkets: 1
Trinkets that integrate themselves into the level design: 2 (ex. Prize For the Reckless, Quantum Tunnel)

...and that's just off the top of my head. It's not a  great system, but you can see how it provides some gray area and allows for levels to be ranked against each other instead of just in a vacuum. You could say 'this level's trinkets get a 1.7, but this one's just a 0.3' and they'd actually have a noticeable difference in quality, instead of being just different in quality. Hell, your system puts VXVXVX above something like Line Wrap, which is pretty clearly just... WRONG.

Also, wait, I just realized. Doesn't playing as :vitellary: NECESSITATE IS? You need IS to change color... That's a free 1.5 points.

Points are FIXED!!!  :viridian: :viridian: :viridian:
No free starter points!!!  :victoria: :victoria: :victoria:

Funny Topical Meme

my level will be about vitellary playing a shitty custom level /s

moth 🦋

ok i might enter then i dunno

Ally 🌠

i guess ill give updates in this topic

Funny Topical Meme

MY PROGRESS GOT FUCKING  DELETEWDDEDD

Duckman50001

Quote from: -Kiwi Alexia ♡ on April 30, 2017, 07:16:18 PM
i guess ill give updates in this topic

this is probably gonna' win

in the more info section you should also state that it's for the [DFCC]

moth 🦋

oh alexia's doing her fucking title screen thing ok nevermind I'm not gonna enter

Funny Topical Meme

im still entering. anyways, have a demo: it has Warp/World 1 complete - the world is titled 'Deja Viridian'. yes it was inspired by Deja Verdigris

Ally 🌠

Quote from: shiny k on May 01, 2017, 02:10:18 PM
oh alexia's doing her fucking title screen thing ok nevermind I'm not gonna enter
That won't mean it's good, it's just a small part of the level (Like, it's just one room.)

Edit:

The second script should be this:
say(3)
gotoroom(x coordinate minus one, y coordinate minus one)
changeplayercolour(yellow)
loadscript(stop)
text(1,0,0,4)
1 BLANK LINE

allison

I might actually enter this. Last time I entered a contest was a collab with Lollipop and we ended up with Overdose, so let's see what kind of nonsensical fever dream we can get out of this