Cloning Technology (v1.1)

Started by allison, January 01, 2014, 06:21:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

allison

Here's a level that I've been sitting on for months secretly working on.
It's 10 by 10 and has 7 levels. 9 trinkets are in, but all are mandatory to complete the level.  :viridian: :viridian:

v1.1

• Updated name credit
  • Added custom map image (drag the zip directly into the levels folder without extracting to see it)

Quite good! I beat the level and it was of an appropriate difficulty. I wonder why you make Warp Zone's last challenge much more difficult than others though.
Some reminders:
1. You almost entirely avoided it, but you still have some single-tiled wall in the last area :P
2. All wall should be at least 5 block (4 is barely acceptable) away from edge vertically. Pretty much the entire overworld messes up with this = =
3. Gravity lines/Inversion planes should not be linked horizontally in the same room with warping, or vertically across two rooms. This is seen in "this episode of Sesame Street is brought to" and between the Red Herring and room below. I understand why you would put it in this way though.
Overall it's quite enjoyable and I look forward to seeing a level from you.  ;)
(But there're just 7 trinkets)

Terry

This is a really really good level! :viridian: Difficulty was paced just about right, I think, and are a lot of cool ideas in it!

Quote from: Terry on January 09, 2014, 04:58:43 PM
This is a really really good level! :viridian: Difficulty was paced just about right, I think, and are a lot of cool ideas in it!
Oh I missed you on the forum!  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Will you feature this level? :viridian:
Another really really good level is the following:
http://distractionware.com/forum/index.php?topic=1589.0
For a fairly short one, I think this is great:
http://distractionware.com/forum/index.php?topic=1625.0

WF

This is the best level I played on the forum so far! Nice job. I'm stuck on the sesame street level atm.

-WF

SteveGamer68

can you make better maps plz?
i see the map on tOLP2

Chorodo

how did you set the lab background to Rainbow BG?

allison

Quote from: syminoK on January 14, 2018, 11:53:57 PM
I edited the level in a text editor and set the room's tilecol to 6. (You can find a room's metadata by CTRL+F searching its name.) Though nowadays Ved has the ability to do this, which might be more convenient.

Chorodo

Quote from: alek on January 15, 2018, 05:28:23 AM
Quote from: syminoK on January 14, 2018, 11:53:57 PM
I edited the level in a text editor and set the room's tilecol to 6. (You can find a room's metadata by CTRL+F searching its name.) Though nowadays Ved has the ability to do this, which might be more convenient.
thnx

allison

the great updatening part 3. this is a simple little level with an emphasis on spatial connectivity and a slightly confusing storyline about cloning. i feel like my philosophy abt these updates is already changing; i decided not to fix any typos or clips, and basically just present the level as it was (but without my old username, and with the map image i really wanted to include back then). the "early dware" aesthetic is still very clear here and i don't want to sully it lol.

in fact, im concerned enough about preservation that i just added back the older versions of this level, as well as "Stereodimensional" and "Double Trouble". much as i want to fix all these little things that have been bothering me for years, i don't want that to get in the way of good archiving.

this humble little level got over 400 downloads and an endorsement from terry! old dware man