basic editor help

Started by basedgod, June 04, 2020, 09:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

basedgod

I'm probably just being really stupid but how on earth do you rotate things in the editor? I want to have the crewmates upside down in certain parts of my level but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to flip anything in the editor.

Dav999

Crewmates cannot be placed upside down in the editor, unfortunately. There is a possibility to spawn flipped crewmates with internal scripting, but it's not really obvious (though explainable).

uugr

To elaborate on the broader question, most things (crewmates and terminals being exempt) can be flipped directionally by clicking on the object after placing it down. Checkpoints and conveyors flip 180 degrees, while enemies, moving platforms, and gravitylines flip 90 degrees. Terminals also need to be flipped using internal scripting, but I think you can also flip them in VED.

Info Teddy

yes, you can spawn a flipped terminal with internal scripting, but it won't have that "press enter to activate terminal" prompt when you touch it. also, you can't flip terminals using ved. you can only flip terminals in vvvvvv: community edition (and even then, ved doesn't support flipping terminals in community edition levels yet).