quick question

Started by SHARKIE, November 10, 2022, 10:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHARKIE

can direct mode go to different texture files than the blocks texture file? thanks  :viridian:  :viridian:  :viridian:

Dav999

You can make level-specific assets - in this case, tiles.png and tiles2.png.

To set this up: inside the levels folder, make a folder with the filename of your level (without the .vvvvvv). Inside that folder, make a "graphics" folder, and in there you can place your own tiles.png and/or tiles2.png. (When you want to later distribute the level, simply make a .zip with the .vvvvvv file and the graphics folder)

Do note that this does not add new textures, this completely overrules the built-in ones for your level, so you should base them off of the stock ones that you can find in data.zip.

SHARKIE

im talking about how to switch to tiles2

Dav999

Ah, you can switch to a different tileset with F1.

SHARKIE

i had another question, so i went back to this one, and your first post answered my current question... soooo... :viridian:

SHARKIE

Quote from: Dav999 on November 10, 2022, 10:18:39 PMYou can make level-specific assets - in this case, tiles.png and tiles2.png.

To set this up: inside the levels folder, make a folder with the filename of your level (without the .vvvvvv). Inside that folder, make a "graphics" folder, and in there you can place your own tiles.png and/or tiles2.png. (When you want to later distribute the level, simply make a .zip with the .vvvvvv file and the graphics folder)

Do note that this does not add new textures, this completely overrules the built-in ones for your level, so you should base them off of the stock ones that you can find in data.zip.
and where exactly do i find data.zip:-\

Dav999

data.zip comes with the game files, but you can also download a copy here: https://thelettervsixtim.es/makeandplay/, under [Desktop data file].

SHARKIE

oh, i found it in program fles (x86), now here is the question i was originally asking at the start of thread: how do i swap to tiles2 in inspect mode? i am stuck on tiles

allison

you switch the tileset with F1. if the room is set to any tileset other than space station, it'll use tiles2 instead of tiles

SHARKIE