Advertisers Galore?

Started by PJBottomz, September 27, 2011, 05:28:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PJBottomz

I've been noticing that people are actually come to advertise stuff on here. Usually, when you click on a topic with a link that says something OTHER than a level, it'll contain info about cheap deals and a link to a website.

The best thing to do is to report this to Terry by clicking the, "Report to Moderator" button, and putting the comment simply as, "This message is spam." I've done this many times, and Terry gets rid of each advertiser, and the forum is all good.

I would like help on this though - if you see a suspicious topic, check it out, and if it's spam, report it.

Together, we can keep distractionware distracting with levels, not deals on stuff no one wants. :viridian:

Dispensers Heal

Don't forget that I'm a certified Thread Protector.

PJBottomz

ThePaSch

Yeah, it's spambots sweeping the interwebs, looking for forums they then register to to advertise.
It's not too drastic right now, I haven't seen an ad thread pop up too often; however, maybe integrating reCAPTCHA with the forum software would help completely holding these guys off.

PJBottomz

Quote from: ThePaSch on September 27, 2011, 10:51:02 PM
Yeah, it's spambots sweeping the interwebs, looking for forums they then register to to advertise.
It's not too drastic right now, I haven't seen an ad thread pop up too often; however, maybe integrating reCAPTCHA with the forum software would help completely holding these guys off.

The forum does have reCAPTCHA.

robloxfan1999

does that mean i get banned for toribash? :victoria:

Dispensers Heal

Quote from: robloxfan1999 on September 29, 2011, 12:58:19 AM

No, naive little Robloxian, you don't get banned.  :shiny::viridian:I found a twenty-first trinket.

PJBottomz

Quote from: robloxfan1999 on September 29, 2011, 12:58:19 AM

No - Toribash is, as you said, an online game. The people I'm talking about are advertising items - clothes, food, etc...

Dispensers Heal

And medicine.

THE WORST KIND OF SPAM IS MEDICINE SPAM.  :victoria:I HATE SPAM

Damn It AL to Hell

Quote from: Dispensers Heal on September 29, 2011, 01:43:32 AM
And medicine.

THE WORST KIND OF SPAM IS MEDICINE SPAM.  :victoria:I HATE SPAM

Out of curiosity, what is a medicine spam?

Dispensers Heal

Spamming medical advertisements.

"Medicine Ad"

RATING:  :victoria: :victoria: :victoria: :victoria: :victoria:

ANNOYANCE:  :violet:  :violet:  :violet:  :violet:  :violet: :shiny: :shiny::shiny::shiny::shiny::shiny::shiny::shiny: READ ERROR 404: SCALE BROKEN :violet:

Damn It AL to Hell

Wow, that was a stupid question  :-[    :P

Dispensers Heal

Quote from: Vex69 on October 03, 2011, 10:31:30 PM
Wow, that was a stupid question  :-[    :P

Of course it was!

I learned 140% of my foruming skill from:

The [Name redacted for security reasons] forums.ERROR 404: NAME INVISIBLE.