Where is everybody?

Started by Damn It AL to Hell, November 28, 2011, 01:16:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damn It AL to Hell

Man, very few people have been online lately, maybe the community IS dying. :'(
:P

QuadphaseGaming

I don't think so. Terry submitted his idea to Nintendo so this community is going to get bigger and bigger by the second. Well thats if the forums get released we need a different forum with the official VVVVVV forums and this for all of Terry's game it would be good :')

Terry

I'd be surprised if the 3DS version of VVVVVV led to more activity on this forum, honestly - even if it sells really really well, it's unlikely to bring in the sheer number of people the humble bundle brought in (i.e. 370k+ copies of the game), and I think console gamers are a lot less likely to go looking for a forum anyway.

It's no big deal if the forum gets a bit quieter :)

Damn It AL to Hell

Yay! Well, you got 2 customers already the instant I saw that picture on the homepage, my little brother and I love VVVVVV! :viridian:

Blatch

Yeah. I have to admit, even I'm not posting on this forum as much as I'd be liking to. I'm so busy with other games I'm not posting here often. Even on Terry's blog, most of the chat isn't about VVVVVV.

Speaking of VVVVVV, hey, Terry? Do you know whatever happened to the official 2.1 patch? It seems like forever since the last beta patch even came out, and I've been itching for it to be available to the masses. The main reason of that? So I can work on my new level some more. :viridian:

Thanks, mate.

Terry

Quote from: Blatch on December 05, 2011, 03:13:13 AM
Speaking of VVVVVV, hey, Terry? Do you know whatever happened to the official 2.1 patch?

Sorry for the hold up. Simon just started a new job, and I've been preoccupied with launching At a Distance in a couple of days. Should have a little time later this week to sort that out, I hope.

Damn It AL to Hell

Well, what is a forum without people?

Quote from: Blatch on December 05, 2011, 03:13:13 AM
Yeah. I have to admit, even I'm not posting on this forum as much as I'd be liking to. I'm so busy with other games I'm not posting here often. Even on Terry's blog, most of the chat isn't about VVVVVV.

Speaking of VVVVVV, hey, Terry? Do you know whatever happened to the official 2.1 patch? It seems like forever since the last beta patch even came out, and I've been itching for it to be available to the masses. The main reason of that? So I can work on my new level some more. :viridian:

Thanks, mate.

True, you haven't been on for a while, but I've seen a handful of you on the Super Meat Boy forum.

seaking177

Quote from: Terry on November 28, 2011, 03:10:20 PM
I'd be surprised if the 3DS version of VVVVVV led to more activity on this forum, honestly and I think console gamers are a lot less likely to go looking for a forum anyway.

well, you got atleast one 3DS user here :P, saw it in the eshop and was like "i dont care how much this is, im buying it"

but you are right, its doubtful much people that buy it on the 3DS are gonna even try looking for this forum, i think at max 2,000 people are gonna look for the forum for more custom levels

Edit: and i know for sure im gonna be posting alot, i love looking for glitches in the games i have ;D.

Blatch

Well... I guess once I get a 3DS, you can make that another customer. Day 1 purchase for me.

I'm also waiting to see when the tools come out to import levels directly into the game. I know people are already happy with the levels that come with the game, but I'd like to see it become more accessable for people who'd like to make their own levels.

Oh... may I remind you? *Pokes 2.1 official patch*

Damn It AL to Hell

seaking177

Quote from: Vex69 on December 31, 2011, 07:59:36 PM
Wait, is 3DS mandatory?
mandatory for what?

:victoria: i don't understand your post!

Damn It AL to Hell

I meant do I nead a 3ds or does any ds work?

SaltyBarcode

Quote from: Vex69 on January 01, 2012, 01:54:27 AM
I meant do I nead a 3ds or does any ds work?
Hadn't actually thought of that before... I sincerely hope it works on my original DS, for me it would revive the console.

seaking177

oh! yeah a 3DS is needed, you download it from the e-Shop from within the 3DS.
i have to say though, im loving trying a few different things on the 3DS version to try making a glitch or two without god mode on.  so far, like 3-5 glitches in all.

but if you have a flashcard for your DS (or a working DSi flashcard for a 3DS) you could try finding a homebrew port of VVVVVV. only place i know would be GBATemp.