Aco's Level - Contains VVVVVV Prototype Remake!

Started by AcoG000, June 04, 2012, 10:18:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AcoG000

Welcome to my level compilation! Right now, the only level I have released at the time is Missing Information, and it will likely be the ONLY one I release (actually, I might have another one in store, depends on how much demand this one gets.). So, I proudly present you...........

1. Missing Information

This name is a reference to the Half-Life 2 Mod, Missing Information. (moddb link) It contains the prototype Space Station One, as well as two unreleased levels I made. For some reason, I decided to use a version numbering scheme, placing this as version 1.00. If an update comes out, if you need to for some reason see the version number of your current one, the file name says missinginfovX (X = version number, e.g v1). A map of the level can be found in the .rar file you have downloaded.

Dependencies:
VVVVVV (VVVVVV 2.x +)
WinRAR (for extracting the archive)

And, finally, the download link:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30591307/missinginfo.rar

2. Dimension VVVVVV (base for future levels)

This is practically just a port of the Dimension VVVVVV to the level editor. Hopefully this is allowed (I'll remove it if it is!). Some features are missing, and won't be implemented unless
I access the internal scripting engine (which I won't do, because I don't know what I'm doing).

Features missing from this base:
The Tower
Most of the non-generic enemies
Teleporters (Going to make a warp room at every level)

You are free to use this a base for your own level, but no credit is needed. You might need to give credit to Terry for the original Dimension VVVVVV, but not me.

Dependencies:
VVVVVV (VVVVVV 2.x +)
WinRAR (for extracting the archive)

Download link:
coming soon!
Thank you to:
Terry, SoulEye, and everybody who was involved in the creation of this awesome game.
Stampy (His external VVVVVV tools allowed me to render my level as a map!)
And everybody who has played this level! Feedback is much appreciated!

And, finally, the download link:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30591307/missinginfo.rar

External links
My Blog

FIQ

Heh!
I was thinking of doing this, but seeing someone do this is nice. :P

AcoG000

Mind if I bump?

The second release is finished, and I will update the download link in a few moments. I will also update the map.

Pyrite

Good to see new people making new stages. If only it had coins...
(cuoins!)

AcoG000

Thanks for the feedback and comments guys! The level has been updated, and I have adopted a new name for the project.  You now warp to a room called The Hub when you finish the first level. The Hub contains warps to other "stages"(?) in the level.. Levels with spikes blocking the paths to their warps are a Work in Progress.

AcoG000

Version 1.10 RC2 released (was going to release RC1, but just skipped that). Tell me what you think about the new Pain Games level (it's a temporary name, I still need a name for it). And, the zip now contains a map of the level.

AcoG000

Just a progress report, been working on the Dimension VVVVVV base, going to release another version of missing information tomorrow!

mrytp

Sounds cool and useful but i think the download link is broken  :victoria:

moth 🦋

AcoG000 is long gone. The closest thing you'll get is someone who downloaded this back in 2012 and still has it.