That is part of a text(x,x,x,x) command. Let me show what happens with this:

squeak(player)
text(cyan,0,0,1)
This is text.
position(player,above)
speak_active
endtext

squeak(player)   / Play :viridian:'s squeak sound
text(cyan,0,0,1)   Sets the color to cyan, sets coordinates to 0,0, and sets the number of lines that have to be stored to 1
This is text.   / This line is stored in memory, to be used later
position(player,above)   / This sets the coordinates to make the box appear above the player (note that the coordinates have been set to 0,0 earlier, but you can't do text(cyan,player,above,1) or something like that
speak_active   / Remove all text boxes, and show the text box
endtext   / Removes all text boxes

So, it sets the coordinates of the text box if you don't want to use exact coordinates. You can't put it above the text(cyan,0,0,1) command, because then it gets overwritten by 0,0 again.

Quote from: Bearboy on September 02, 2012, 03:36:50 PM
I'm distracted by how many pages of posts there are.

And the fact that its just 3-6 people

:vitellary:

For me, this thread has 4 pages, because I have set the maximum number of posts per page (50) :)

blue626

Quote from: Dav999 on September 02, 2012, 04:07:35 PM

For me, this thread has 4 pages, because I have set the maximum number of posts per page (50) :)

Maybe I should set the posts per page to 50 too, because then I would have to change page less times!

Dav999

Quote from: blue626 on September 02, 2012, 10:17:43 PM

Maybe I should set the posts per page to 50 too, because then I would have to change page less times!

Especially on a small screen, where you have to zoom in very far to be able to click the button... I already added two persons to my buddy list by accident, when I actually wanted to change to the next page. I wonder if these persons got mail notifications of that (I don't use the buddy/ignore lists)

blue626

Quote from: Dav999 on September 02, 2012, 10:54:58 PM
Quote from: blue626 on September 02, 2012, 10:17:43 PM

Especially on a small screen, where you have to zoom in very far to be able to click the button... I already added two persons to my buddy list by accident, when I actually wanted to change to the next page. I wonder if these persons got mail notifications of that (I don't use the buddy/ignore lists)

Well, I, most of the times, check the threads when on my computer, but I still changed the # of replies/page to 50. It isn't very important to change the page less times for me, but I still like it better this way.
Also, how did you add 2 persons to your buddy list when you wanted to change the page? There's no button to directly add the person to your buddy list when reading a thread. There is one when viewing someone's profile, but even if you started viewing someone's profile by accident, the "Add to Buddy List" button is far form the "distraction ware forums" button or form your undo button. So, how?

Dav999

I didn't want to zoom in, and I wanted to change the page at the top of the page, and I accidentally clicked on the name of someone. While the page was loading, I tried to correct it by trying to press the page number again so it would load the next page instead, but I was too late and it acted as if I pressed the buddy list button, or something like that. Also, I thought one of the times was when I wanted to view someone's posts, and pressed the buddy list button instead. :verdigris: On a small screen, 2 buttons can be 0.5 cm apart from each other, and if you have a finger of 1 cm, it has to guess which button you want to press.

FIQ

http://distractionware.com/forum/index.php?topic=1129.0

Hacker3443 successfully managed to use say() commands without triggering the cutscenebars. How?

blue626

Quote from: FIQ on September 06, 2012, 08:45:28 PM

Hacker3443 successfully managed to use say() commands without triggering the cutscenebars. How?

Perhaps it's something related to endcutscene()... I'm not sure.

EDIT:

Quote from: Dav999 on July 28, 2012, 01:43:41 PM
specialline(x) - special dialogs, with text(colour,0,0,0) before it?
   blue because: I have never seen any of the lines below these commands (they're talking about lollipops ???) and I don't know when you see them

If you talk to :violet: twice after you rescued her and haven't rescued anybody else, on the 2nd time, she will say something which I don't remember and then she will say "Here, have a lollipop!". Maybe that's related.
text(color,0,0,0)? ??? That, without special line(x) (I don't know what it does, but it might affect the text command), would create a text box with that color, wth the coordinates in position() (or in 0,0 if there aren't any) with 0 lines! Weird...

MoogiGMD

I messed up my map D:< but it was a glitch!

MoogiGMD

Quote from: blue626 on September 07, 2012, 12:26:55 PM
Quote from: FIQ on September 06, 2012, 08:45:28 PM

Perhaps it's something related to endcutscene()... I'm not sure.

EDIT:

Quote from: Dav999 on July 28, 2012, 01:43:41 PM
specialline(x) - special dialogs, with text(colour,0,0,0) before it?
   blue because: I have never seen any of the lines below these commands (they're talking about lollipops ???) and I don't know when you see them

If you talk to :violet: twice after you rescued her and haven't rescued anybody else, on the 2nd time, she will say something which I don't remember and then she will say "Here, have a lollipop!". Maybe that's related.
text(color,0,0,0)? ??? That, without special line(x) (I don't know what it does, but it might affect the text command), would create a text box with that color, wth the coordinates in position() (or in 0,0 if there aren't any) with 0 lines! Weird...

What? I Didn't know what caused it >:D

blue626

Why reply to the same post twice? ??? If one your 1st post you were replying to FIQ and haven't read my post yet, why reply before reading all of the posts? And, why double-posts, even when the 2nd post was posted 5 minutes after the 1st one?

So, it was a glitch, then.

ToasterApocalypse

Well, just to be off topic (which is bad), we should get top thread by october

because YYYYYY is inactive

MoogiGMD

i used the final level code and i got to the gravitron...my save isn't corrupted :)

Dav999

In that case, isn't finalmode(x,y) just meant to teleport to areas outside of (20,20)? I changed the coordinates my save to the final level once, and I ended up in (20,20).

FIQ

Quote from: Dav999 on September 09, 2012, 07:40:51 PM
In that case, isn't finalmode(x,y) just meant to teleport to areas outside of (20,20)? I changed the coordinates my save to the final level once, and I ended up in (20,20).
No, they're different dimensions. Try finalmode(5,5).

blue626

Quote from: FIQ on September 09, 2012, 11:24:01 PM
No, they're different dimensions. Try finalmode(5,5).

Isn't the polar dimension infinitely large? I once tried, after flipping in "V", not moving to the room to the right or to the room to the left, not clikcing action and waiting for collision error to happen. After 150 rooms, it didn't happen. Perhaps I accidentaly moved to the room to the right at the start... or the dimension is 200 rooms tall, for example.

That reminds me of a glitch I reported: Warp Room TT Glitch

Quote from: ToasterApocolypse on September 08, 2012, 01:18:29 PM
Well, just to be off topic (which is bad), we should get top thread by october

because YYYYYY is inactive

Inactive for more than a year!
The thread started as a WIP (work in progress) project thread of the game YYYYYY, with the dev. adding features and releasing new versions, and the others reporting bugs and commenting the game as it was being made. The thread ended up having 228 replies. This thread has 195 replies!