Back to VVVVVV (V1.2.4)

Started by FIQ, May 28, 2012, 08:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: blue626 on December 12, 2012, 06:35:17 PM
Quote from: ToasterApocalypse on December 12, 2012, 06:26:09 PM
As of posting this, I have around 700 deaths and 19 trinkets. I'm trying to find the last one!

:viridian: WHERE ARE YOU TRINKET?                                     :shiny: umad?                                                                                 

Really? I guess It's going to be hard for me too. I already didn't knew the exact location of the 20th trinket (having 17 trinkets and knowing that 2 are in the DT). However I thought it might have been some that I skipped. I'm going to explore all the zones and the over-world. Still, you have 2.1 beta... (hover). I have 2.0. so you should find it easier than me.

I just did! You have to activate the TE terminal to go under the station, do the little obstacle and boom trinket.

That was a very nice ending. I liked it!

FIQ

Quote from: ToasterApocalypse on December 12, 2012, 06:43:48 PM
As of posting this, I have around 700 deaths and 19 trinkets. I'm trying to find the last one!

:viridian: WHERE ARE YOU TRINKET?                                     :shiny: umad?                                                                                 

Really? I guess It's going to be hard for me too. I already didn't knew the exact location of the 20th trinket (having 17 trinkets and knowing that 2 are in the DT). However I thought it might have been some that I skipped. I'm going to explore all the zones and the over-world. Still, you have 2.1 beta... (hover). I have 2.0. so you should find it easier than me.

I just did! You have to activate the TE terminal to go under the station, do the little obstacle and boom trinket.

The trinket was at another place earlier, but I really liked to do this little challenge. :)

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: FIQ on December 12, 2012, 09:51:55 PM

The trinket was at another place earlier, but I really liked to do this little challenge. :)

The real challenge, for me, was finding out where it was!  >:(

FIQ

Quote from: ToasterApocalypse on December 12, 2012, 09:54:38 PM
Quote from: FIQ on December 12, 2012, 09:51:55 PM

The real challenge, for me, was finding out where it was!  >:(
Don't you have 2.1? As vita & co. tells when they open access to  Secret Area, there's a trinket lokator inside, straight down. With included instructions on usage.

blue626

Exactly as I said in the abbr!
Still, I think it helps 2.0. players too, but it's still harder... (hover)

(Oh, and may I remind that quote boxes are blue and those spoilers are white? Another reason to use abbr tags!)

Dav999

Quote from: blue626 on December 13, 2012, 06:23:44 PM

(Oh, and may I remind that quote boxes are blue and those spoilers are white? Another reason to use abbr tags!)

My iPod doesn't have a mouse. So I can't hover over text! I have to quote a post in order to see things inside abbr. Another reason not to use abbr tags!

blue626

Quote from: Dav999 on December 13, 2012, 07:08:12 PM
Quote from: blue626 on December 13, 2012, 06:23:44 PM

My iPod doesn't have a mouse. So I can't hover over text! I have to quote a post in order to see things inside abbr. Another reason not to use abbr tags!

I have an iPad, and I can't highlight white text there either for some reason. Try hightlighting this on your iPod (or iPhone or iPad): Can you read this?
...However, I believe that zooming in and looking carefully, you can read white text without highlighting (and you can do that on your computer too), except if it's in the background color. But why can't you highlight white text in there? Anyway it's harder to read spoilers on iPod. You just made me think about using abbr or not.

(We shouldn't get off-topic for much time)

Dav999

Quote from: blue626 on December 13, 2012, 07:53:27 PM
I have an iPad, and I can't highlight white text there either for some reason. Try hightlighting this on your iPod (or iPhone or iPad): Can you read this?

I can read that just fine, but I know what you mean. If you select things on an iOS device, the text color isn't changed to a different color than the background, if the text and background colors are the same.

blue626

I tried getting the trinkets in the DT.
I got the 1st one, but the 2nd is very hard. Specially the 3rd room. It's already very hard to pass around the 3rd enemy (Died ≈100 times before doing it, but then I could do it frequently), and I couldn't pass the 4th one (but I think I can do it). I realized later that, that the 4th room is easy and it's the last one, so I'll try to get it.
After I gave up, searched a bit, looked at the map and realized that the 20th was also in the DT.
Actually, once I started exploring the space below the Space Station, I realized how to get the trinket Toaster mentioned, and got it after I completed Inversion Floors (I think?). It was my 7th trinket (or around that).
I suppose the 20th trinket is even harder than the 19th? The 19th is already very hard, and I'm only going to spend more 45 min. in this, so I doubt that I'll finish this level.
Why, in the DT, there are 2 warp tokens in the end of each fall? Same in one of the rooms with T7. I also don't see the purpose of the 3 separate room at the ned of the DT. Are they just a small challenge if you're exiting the DT?
1225 deaths in total, so I died more ≈450 times. ≈75 of them were getting the 18th trinket, ≈50 were exiting and entering the DT, the remaining were trying to get the 19th.

FIQ

Quote from: blue626 on December 18, 2012, 04:57:40 PM
I tried getting the trinkets in the DT.
I got the 1st one, but the 2nd is very hard. Specially the 3rd room. It's already very hard to pass around the 3rd enemy (Died ≈100 times before doing it, but then I could do it frequently), and I couldn't pass the 4th one (but I think I can do it). I realized later that, that the 4th room is easy and it's the last one, so I'll try to get it.
After I gave up, searched a bit, looked at the map and realized that the 20th was also in the DT.
Actually, once I started exploring the space below the Space Station, I realized how to get the trinket Toaster mentioned, and got it after I completed Inversion Floors (I think?). It was my 7th trinket (or around that).
I suppose the 20th trinket is even harder than the 19th? The 19th is already very hard, and I'm only going to spend more 45 min. in this, so I doubt that I'll finish this level.
Why, in the DT, there are 2 warp tokens in the end of each fall? Same in one of the rooms with T7. I also don't see the purpose of the 3 separate room at the ned of the DT. Are they just a small challenge if you're exiting the DT?
1225 deaths in total, so I died more ≈450 times. ≈75 of them were getting the 18th trinket, ≈50 were exiting and entering the DT, the remaining were trying to get the 19th.
The 3rd trinket @dt is easier than the 2nd one. Also, I can do a slight change with the 2nd trinket if people find it too frustrating (hard is OK, frustrating is bad).

2 warp tokens is mostly to make warping mandatory once you approach the bottom. The reason this is true for the polar dimension entrance of DT as well is to give a slightly familiar feeling and a hint on what's waiting.

The 3 rooms at the end is for 2 reasons: to get the feeling of reaching the end (there are warps before the 3 last rooms), and to give a last challenge before the end of the first part of the level on the way back to VVVVVV (activating every PS).

blue626

Quote from: FIQ on December 18, 2012, 07:15:35 PM
The 3rd trinket @dt is easier than the 2nd one. Also, I can do a slight change with the 2nd trinket if people find it too frustrating (hard is OK, frustrating is bad).

It's very hard. However, I don't think it's very annoying, so it's not frustrating.
The 3rd is easier than the 2nd? That's strange... or did you originally wanted the 3rd to be harder and didn't want to change? I didn't try the 3rd yet.
I'll try getting those 2 trinkets some hours later. After that, I might as well give a rating to this level... I only did that twice so far, but yes.

FIQ

Quote from: blue626 on December 19, 2012, 03:30:21 PM
Quote from: FIQ on December 18, 2012, 07:15:35 PM

It's very hard. However, I don't think it's very annoying, so it's not frustrating.
The 3rd is easier than the 2nd? That's strange... or did you originally wanted the 3rd to be harder and didn't want to change? I didn't try the 3rd yet.
I'll try getting those 2 trinkets some hours later. After that, I might as well give a rating to this level... I only did that twice so far, but yes.
Correct. I don't really want to change established challenges unless I find them way too easy or way too hard/frustrating.

Piplup1122

Good level you got there. Hard, but fun.  :viridian:

blue626

I finally completed this level with all 20 trinkets! I died ≈1460 times.

Rating:

Originality: I don' think there's any level that's a sequel to the main game besides the conversion to player levels of the demakes. The teleporting system was original, not only for being a teleporting system, but because terminals telport Viridian. A modified Dimension VVVVVV, I don't think there's another level like this... Oh, and the trinket room. Rating: 7/10 :verdigris:
Level structure: I like levels with sub-levels that you can do at any order and trinkets in the overworld. Not to mention the teleporters. However, maybe it would be better for a shortcut to the part of the DT after the Polar Dimension after you activated all PSs (and get the ending screen with the scorees)? Rating: 8/10 :viridian:
Story/Roomnames: I liked it. What happened before the main game was explained. And like the fact that this is a sequel to the game. :) ... Roomnames were normal, besiddes the fact that in the DT, it's always the same room name. Not to mention the Tetris reference, even if that isn't related to the story. Rating: 9/10 :viridian:
Visual Design: Nothing interesting, but I never saw any 1-tile thin walls or floating spikes. Rating: 8/10 :viridian:
Difficulty Balance: Note: You get a high rating for having medium difficulty and a low score for being too hard/easy. The hardest level besides The Final Level was Platform Arean, the 2nd hardest being the 4th I played (Life Factory?). I died more 180 times before I got the 19th trinket. I only died 34 times to get the 20th! :o Also I think that at least ≈75 of the deaths were entering and exiting the DT for at least the 2nd time (to get the trinkets). I would say that the level is slightly hard in general. Rating: 7/10 :verdigris:
Glitch Amount: I felt like discounting something due to the fact that there Int. Scr., but I'm not suggesting you to remove it. There were some Viridian textboxes that were gray and the flip sound at the end of Platform Arena. In the last dialog, I suppose that :victoria: is the speaker of the 2nd text box? The textbox is cyan. Rating: 8/10 :viridian:
Other Notes: I don't really understand what were you and avengah talking about in page 6 of this thread (considering that you have 15 replies/page). I never found the 21st trinket.
In the letter that Vita wrote, she said that there was something at the PS at the Platform Arena when there was nothing. Did I misread something?
At the ship, I think you need to warn that the terminal that teleports you to the Gravitron does that, so that you don't need to suicide.
You put me on the credits terminal! :o I guess I already started playing v.1.1.... so I don't know why... well I already commented, so it can stay.
Total rating: 16 :shiny: /20
Currently my 4th favorite level of those I completed, but I didn't complete many...

Also, this is my 500th post. How fitting!
EDIT: This was also the 500th post of the month in the whole forum. :o Interesting!

FIQ

About putting a shortcut to the second part of DT -- well, I *do* have 1 teleporter left to use before I run out of space.. :)

I'll think about it.