Back to VVVVVV (V1.2.4)

Started by FIQ, May 28, 2012, 08:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJonyMyster

THE ULTIMATE TRINKETS ARE BROKEN.  >:(
I don't want to get them, but there's no way out of there!
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

FIQ

Quote from: TheJonyMyster on May 05, 2013, 01:57:28 PM
THE ULTIMATE TRINKETS ARE BROKEN.  >:(
I don't want to get them, but there's no way out of there!
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
You should be able to go left and wrap to the easy part.

Samario

I found a ...interesting... bug. After playing through the map, I went to create a new level, expanded it to 20x20, then parts of the map appeared on it!
This... shouldn't be happening. Does ANYONE have an explanation for this?

Dav999

Quote from: Samario on May 26, 2013, 11:13:09 AM
I found a ...interesting... bug. After playing through the map, I went to create a new level, expanded it to 20x20, then parts of the map appeared on it!

Wow. Which parts of the map appeared?

Samario

Quote from: Dav999 on May 26, 2013, 11:43:05 AM
Quote from: Samario on May 26, 2013, 11:13:09 AM

Wow. Which parts of the map appeared?

Editor coordinates 1,16 through to 20,20. No objects, no roomnames, no wrapping, no scripts, no tileset specified, just... there.

EDIT: Off-topic: 10th post!

Samario

Quote from: Back To VVVVVV Level Select"Instable Polar Dimension"
Shouldn't it be UNstable Polar Dimension?

Quote from: Captain Viridian, VVVVVV polar destabilizing cutscene"That doesn't sound too well..."
Um... it's "That doesn't sound too GOOD..." (not being grammarnazi, just OCD about this stuff).

Also, WHY ISN'T THIS A FEATURED LEVEL?!

Quote from: Back to VVVVVV's Final LevelDimension Stability - 40-90%
That just doesn't sound right to me. Maybe it should be Dimensional Stability (I don't know why it says dimentional is wrong...) , Dimention's Stability, or Dimention Instability - it just doesn't sound right to me (no grammarnazi here, just an opinion).

Fussmatte

Quote from: Samario on May 28, 2013, 09:27:40 PM

Well, Terry hasn't featured any VVVVVV levels since... I dunno, 2 years ago? He doesn't seem to care about VVVVVV all that much any more, he's moved on to other projects. (Although, if he *was* still featuring levels this definately should have been featured)

Samario

Just asking a question - how do I get the grey backgrounds seen in your and VVVVVV's polar dimension(s)?

allison

Quote from: Samario on May 29, 2013, 07:21:32 AM
Just asking a question - how do I get the grey backgrounds seen in your and VVVVVV's polar dimension(s)?

Edit the level externally with a text editor. Find the edLevelClass with your roomname. Change tilecol to 6.

Samario

Quote from: crazyal02 on May 29, 2013, 01:21:25 PM
Insert quote Here

Edit the level externally with a text editor. Find the edLevelClass with your roomname. Change tilecol to 6.

Thanks.

EDIT: Some testing later,

THIS happens.  ???
(the one on the left is the one I wanted to make grey - it had that effect on the one on the right)

FIQ

Quote from: Samario on May 28, 2013, 09:27:40 PM
Quote from: Back To VVVVVV Level Select"Instable Polar Dimension"
Shouldn't it be UNstable Polar Dimension?

Quote from: Captain Viridian, VVVVVV polar destabilizing cutscene"That doesn't sound too well..."
Um... it's "That doesn't sound too GOOD..." (not being grammarnazi, just OCD about this stuff).

Thanks for pointing out spelling/grammar issues! English isn't my main language, that's why they are there. I'll make sure to incorporate these fixes if I release 1.3 at some point.

I doubt Terry would feature this, he hasn't even commented on the level. Not sure if he even played it :P

Terry did talk about featuring Dimension Funland though, and that would be his first featured level since months.

Lord Ghetsis

AMAZING. 9.99/10.
Things i liked:
The Maze segment: best use of warp lines I have ever seen.
Final level: wild ride! Loved it
The internal scripting in general
One annoyance: the Game Complete thing in T4 messed up my saves and unlocked Flip Mode. But very good. Make another!

FIQ

Quote from: BisonMan12 on June 14, 2013, 08:43:18 PM
AMAZING. 9.99/10.
Things i liked:
The Maze segment: best use of warp lines I have ever seen.
Final level: wild ride! Loved it
The internal scripting in general
One annoyance: the Game Complete thing in T4 messed up my saves and unlocked Flip Mode. But very good. Make another!
Activating Flip Mode is an oversight, I'll look into this and fix it ASAP.

But how exactly was saves "messed up"? They shouldn't become like that, and it never happened to me!

allison

Quote from: Samario on May 29, 2013, 06:26:37 PM
Quote from: crazyal02 on May 29, 2013, 01:21:25 PM
Insert quote Here

Thanks.

EDIT: Some testing later,

THIS happens.  ???
(the one on the left is the one I wanted to make grey - it had that effect on the one on the right)

I'm not sure about the one on the left, but the one on the right's problem seems to be that it wasn't set to the Warp Zone tileset.

FIQ

There's spikes from Tower Tileset on the right screenshot. Why?