Back to VVVVVV (V1.2.4)

Started by FIQ, May 28, 2012, 08:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

.

Quote from: FIQ on March 31, 2014, 12:32:57 AM
So I felt like fooling around with VVVVVV the last week, and had some fun fooling around with some attempt at a "debug"/cheat menu ("debug" since I didn't really use it for debugging, even thought it could have been helpful had it been available as one). It was mostly intended for personal use for messing around with, but since others seemed to like it, I guess I could incorporate it available by the in-level cheat code system. It controls the same as my already existing level select, only with a far better looking UI.

Why? Because I can.

The result is this:

This looks EPIC!! The only problem is that this may get fixed in new version...

allison

Quote from: FIQ on March 31, 2014, 12:32:57 AM
So I felt like fooling around with VVVVVV the last week, and had some fun fooling around with some attempt at a "debug"/cheat menu ("debug" since I didn't really use it for debugging, even thought it could have been helpful had it been available as one). It was mostly intended for personal use for messing around with, but since others seemed to like it, I guess I could incorporate it available by the in-level cheat code system. It controls the same as my already existing level select, only with a far better looking UI.

Why? Because I can.

The result is this:
[snip]
WHAT HOW

Hennal

TELL ME HOW x11000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

allison

#198
Quote from: SolVVVVVVingPuzzles on March 31, 2014, 02:25:57 PM
11000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
fun fact: the result of this is 1

Hennal

Quote from: nicholashin on March 31, 2014, 11:12:36 AM
Quote from: FIQ on March 31, 2014, 12:32:57 AM
So I felt like fooling around with VVVVVV the last week, and had some fun fooling around with some attempt at a "debug"/cheat menu ("debug" since I didn't really use it for debugging, even thought it could have been helpful had it been available as one). It was mostly intended for personal use for messing around with, but since others seemed to like it, I guess I could incorporate it available by the in-level cheat code system. It controls the same as my already existing level select, only with a far better looking UI.

Why? Because I can.

The result is this:

<snip>
This looks EPIC!! The only problem is that this may get fixed in new version...

...Which will probably NEVER come out.

FIQ

So yeah, about that debug thing, VVVVVV 2.0 doesn't like it at all. And I don't want to spend work on something that might even break completely in the upcoming update as well, so I'll stall it for now.
However, I've looked into something else. Would anyone be masochistic enough to do a no death run of this level? : D
I've looked into areas which rely too much on Viridian's "jerky" movement (as Riosha would put it) making the areas being hard not because of the challenge but rather because of frustrating controls, to fix these, and then release a 1.3 with included No Death Mode and some other goodies to make it relevant for non-masochists as well.

Features in this case:
* No Death mode, including a cutscene toggle
* Gravitron chaining bug fix
* Replicated VVVVVV jukebox
* Trinket checker in Secret Area acknowledging the 22nd trinket
* A changed trinket challenge (this time without a forced restart)
* Adjustments of challenges relying on Viridian's "jerky movement"
* Improved level completed screens
* More crewmate interaction
* Major rework of intro cutscene - it's far too long as it is right now.
* Rework of the hub system. The hub system is rather cool IMO, but I would prefer using a system which works more like the main game does, and this is actually possible to implement in a feasible manner.
* maybe more?

Info Teddy

-
#201
Quote from: FIQ on April 16, 2014, 01:32:50 AMSo yeah, about that debug thing, VVVVVV 2.0 doesn't like it at all. And I don't want to spend work on something that might even break completely in the upcoming update as well, so I'll stall it for now.
However, I've looked into something else. Would anyone be masochistic enough to do a no death run of this level? : D
I've looked into areas which rely too much on Viridian's "jerky" movement (as Riosha would put it) making the areas being hard not because of the challenge but rather because of frustrating controls, to fix these, and then release a 1.3 with included No Death Mode and some other goodies to make it relevant for non-masochists as well.

Features in this case:
* No Death mode, including a cutscene toggle
* Gravitron chaining bug fix
* Replicated VVVVVV jukebox
* Trinket checker in Secret Area acknowledging the 22nd trinket
* A changed trinket challenge (this time without a forced restart)
* Adjustments of challenges relying on Viridian's "jerky movement"
* Improved level completed screens
* More crewmate interaction
* Major rework of intro cutscene - it's far too long as it is right now.
* Rework of the hub system. The hub system is rather cool IMO, but I would prefer using a system which works more like the main game does, and this is actually possible to implement in a feasible manner.
* maybe more?
You forgot the fact that you can st/\\ go to the po\ar d/mens/on a second t/me. On the second t/me, you can sk/p the cutscene that stab/\/zes the d/mens/on and run /nto the stab/\/zed vers/on of "The Gang's A\\ Here". / th/nk /t on\y works /after/ you go to the po\ar d/mens/on the f/rst t/me.

A\so, p\ease te\\ us how to get that debug th/ng. / see you're test/ng the \eve\ /ns/de the ed/tor, so sure\y /t must be some sort of gamestate or /nterna\ scr/pt.
or maybe you just edited the game

FIQ

#202
Quote from: PK Lovin Ω on April 16, 2014, 03:42:01 AM
Quote from: FIQ on April 16, 2014, 01:32:50 AMSo yeah, about that debug thing, VVVVVV 2.0 doesn't like it at all. And I don't want to spend work on something that might even break completely in the upcoming update as well, so I'll stall it for now.
However, I've looked into something else. Would anyone be masochistic enough to do a no death run of this level? : D
I've looked into areas which rely too much on Viridian's "jerky" movement (as Riosha would put it) making the areas being hard not because of the challenge but rather because of frustrating controls, to fix these, and then release a 1.3 with included No Death Mode and some other goodies to make it relevant for non-masochists as well.

Features in this case:
* No Death mode, including a cutscene toggle
* Gravitron chaining bug fix
* Replicated VVVVVV jukebox
* Trinket checker in Secret Area acknowledging the 22nd trinket
* A changed trinket challenge (this time without a forced restart)
* Adjustments of challenges relying on Viridian's "jerky movement"
* Improved level completed screens
* More crewmate interaction
* Major rework of intro cutscene - it's far too long as it is right now.
* Rework of the hub system. The hub system is rather cool IMO, but I would prefer using a system which works more like the main game does, and this is actually possible to implement in a feasible manner.
* maybe more?
You forgot the fact that you can st/\\ go to the po\ar d/mens/on a second t/me. On the second t/me, you can sk/p the cutscene that stab/\/zes the d/mens/on and run /nto the stab/\/zed vers/on of "The Gang's A\\ Here". / th/nk /t on\y works /after/ you go to the po\ar d/mens/on the f/rst t/me.

A\so, p\ease te\\ us how to get that debug th/ng. / see you're test/ng the \eve\ /ns/de the ed/tor, so sure\y /t must be some sort of gamestate or /nterna\ scr/pt.
or maybe you just edited the game
I don't understand what you mean with the second polar dimension visit. I'm aware that it happens. What is the issue?

As for the cheat menu interface, it is done by creating text manually using createentity() with inversion planes. Thus, a lot of entities is made. This causes VVVVVV 2.0 to crash for some reason, but the issue isn't present in 2.1.

vitellaryjr

Quote from: Samario on May 26, 2013, 11:13:09 AM
I found a ...interesting... bug. After playing through the map, I went to create a new level, expanded it to 20x20, then parts of the map appeared on it!
This... shouldn't be happening. Does ANYONE have an explanation for this?
The same thing happened to me with Escape from the Lab!  ??? (not sure if name is exact)

FIQ

#204
Version 1.3 is coming along rather nicely. Expect a new version in due time. This will most likely be my final release (apart from potential bug fixes) until I start messing with other things.

The major new features are as follows (DISCLAIMER: may change for the final release):
* Improved intro cutscene
* Improved dialog
* New teleporter interface, replicating the main game teleporter system as good as possible
* Improved achievement system (to replace "challenge trinkets")
* Remixed Predestined Fate available for 2.2 users
* Challenges which rely too much on luck (as a result of VVVVVV being a bit slippery) altered
* Improved a few trinket challenges
* New purpose for the hub to replace old teleport system
* No Death mode (works similar to the main game)
* Time Trial mode (randomized level order, go through them all as fast as possible)
* Bug fixes

stylzm

Quote from: FIQ on June 13, 2014, 11:46:16 PM
Version 1.3 is coming along rather nicely. Expect a new version in due time. This will most likely be my final release (apart from potential bug fixes) until I start messing with other things.

The major new features are as follows (DISCLAIMER: may change for the final release):
* Improved intro cutscene
* Improved dialog
* New teleporter interface, replicating the main game teleporter system as good as possible
* Improved achievement system (to replace "challenge trinkets")
* Remixed Predestined Fate available for 2.2 users
* Challenges which rely too much on luck (as a result of VVVVVV being a bit slippery) altered
* Improved a few trinket challenges
* New purpose for the hub to replace old teleport system
* No Death mode (works similar to the main game)
* Time Trial mode (randomized level order, go through them all as fast as possible)
* Bug fixes
Wait, 2.2 is out?!

FIQ

2.2 made it impossible to access Super Gravitron if you're invincible. This level bypasses this alltogether, so depending on what is done regarding the *other* current method (talking to Victoria), I'll either push a 1.2.3 fix or a 1.3 fix that does this as well.

i don't use this site anymore, please don't look at my posts

Hey FIQ, is it okay if I use some of Vita's crew in my levels?

SJMistery

MEGA BUMP
Vultatrix, you better do this via MP like i did when i tried to contact some old users to take on and finish their respective unfinished prototypes.
Dimension Open uses Vita and makes some extra people from his crew to appear (Viel, Verisix and Voon, and i think some people include Valso on the crew), so it's perfectly okay for you to use them

i don't use this site anymore, please don't look at my posts

Okat thanks. I only use Make and Play Edition general. :viridian: