Project K.E.Y. is now online!

Started by Bearboy, July 11, 2012, 12:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What kind of level should I make?

Extremely hard level (Many spikes, more rooms)
2 (20%)
Maze (Puzzles and warp zones and all that jive..)
0 (0%)
Easy Level (less spikes)
1 (10%)
Story Level (A level with a story)
7 (70%)
Nothing at all.. :(
0 (0%)
Medium (Equal spikes)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: July 31, 2012, 12:56:28 PM

Bearboy

So what that means is, that I've chosen a type of level. It will be a story, with a few twists and turns, along with challenges, and, guess what? PUZZZZZZLLLLLEEEEZZZZZ! If you really want this level, you're gonna need to say it! Heh. Anyways, I'm calling it project K.E.Y. You'll find out why, eventually. But here's what happens at the start of the level:

You find yourself in a small cave, so you explore. You find a gleaming substance in the ground, so you go and get it. And that's all I can tell you right now!  :viridian:

This is going to be my masterpiece, so it might take a while.

:)

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: Bearboy on July 11, 2012, 12:56:28 PM
I'm wondering what kind of level I should make, because I'mm just stumped. If you guys can give me a basic frame, like difficulty, story and stuff, I could make an awesome one. When votes are in and the level is complete, I'll put it on this post.
Story, I like those.

Dav999

I often rage quit on levels which are too hard, but it shouldn't be too easy. There was no 'medium' or something, so I chose story.

Vallu

Bearboy

Putting a medium on now, I forgot about those  :viridian:
Thanks for voting and replying as well!
Story will count as medium level, but with more talking and stuff

SaltyBarcode

I think story levels are by far the best, because it provides a change from all the same, next-to-impossible levels you get 'round these party  :verdigris:

Hilbert

Story.

(O-T)
Toaster, your name pretty much means "rise of the dead toasters" :vermillion:

blue626

I voted for a (medium) story level. In 2nd place, I would vote for a puzzle level (if the puzzle were original, mazes aren't much interesting in VVVVVV).

You could make a hard/easy story level, so you shouldn't have just 1 story option (or, perhaps, you shouldn't have mixed story and difficulty in 1 poll).

There are also levels with sub-levels that you can (or can't) do at any order (of course, those might have story or not, too). Some sub-levels might be easy (the ones you have to do first), some might be hard (the ones you have to do last), or they all might have the same difficulty.

I wonder who voted for hard levels... Those must be people that like challenges.

Bearboy

Eveyone likes the story level idea. :)

Bearboy

Quote from: blue626 on July 11, 2012, 10:44:30 PM
I voted for a (medium) story level. In 2nd place, I would vote for a puzzle level (if the puzzle were original, mazes aren't much interesting in VVVVVV).

You could make a hard/easy story level, so you shouldn't have just 1 story option (or, perhaps, you shouldn't have mixed story and difficulty in 1 poll).

There are also levels with sub-levels that you can (or can't) do at any order (of course, those might have story or not, too). Some sub-levels might be easy (the ones you have to do first), some might be hard (the ones you have to do last), or they all might have the same difficulty.

I wonder who voted for hard levels... Those must be people that like challenges.

Would sub levels be like trinket rooms or secret things orrrrr, what?
I just don't understand what that means, so you can think of me as pretty stupid now.  ;D

I might add a "Choose your story" option, where in the beginning, you can choose which way you can go!
Seems like a pretty legit idea, eh?

Also, I voted for the hard level, lol.
Doesn't matter much though, Everyone's loving story, so I might end up closing the poll earlier.
Maybe in about 5 days?
Seems reasonable......

:shiny:

blue626

Quote from: Bearboy on July 13, 2012, 11:59:53 AM
I just don't understand what that means, so you can think of me as pretty stupid now.  ;D

Consider the main game. SS1, Lab, Tower, SS2, Warp Zone, Int. 1, Int. 2 and Final Level are sub-levels. In this case, the 1st you have to complete is SS1, which is the easiest. After that, you may choose to go to the Lab, Tower, SS2 or Warp Zone. After completing 3 sub-levels, you have to complete Int. 1. After completing 4 sub-levels, besides Int. 1, you have to complete Int. 2. After completing all the sub-levels besides the Final Level, you have to complete it, which is the hardest.
There are user-made levels like that. I was saying that you could make one.

Also, were you trying to write ;) instead of ;D?

Bearboy

Quote from: blue626 on July 13, 2012, 03:41:20 PM
Quote from: Bearboy on July 13, 2012, 11:59:53 AM

Consider the main game. SS1, Lab, Tower, SS2, Warp Zone, Int. 1, Int. 2 and Final Level are sub-levels. In this case, the 1st you have to complete is SS1, which is the easiest. After that, you may choose to go to the Lab, Tower, SS2 or Warp Zone. After completing 3 sub-levels, you have to complete Int. 1. After completing 4 sub-levels, besides Int. 1, you have to complete Int. 2. After completing all the sub-levels besides the Final Level, you have to complete it, which is the hardest.
There are user-made levels like that. I was saying that you could make one.

Also, were you trying to write ;) instead of ;D?

I was using ;D on purpose. Anyways, so a sub-level level would basically mean like Dimension VVVVVV? With like an outside and everything? Hmm...

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!!!

Pyrite

You should make a level with trinkets and crew members.

Bearboy

Pyrite

Make sure it has trinkets, because I forget to add trinkets a lot.