Problems selecting tools

Started by blue626, June 04, 2012, 08:33:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue626

In the level editor, after I press space to show the toolbar, I can't select tools with the arrow keys. Instead, it moves between rooms. However, I can select tools with the number and letter keys. Is this a glitch? Am I using the wrong keys?
Note: I use Mac OS.
Note: I use version 2.0.

ToasterApocalypse

You can't select them with arrows.

You select with > and <

blue626

I also tried the bigger than (>) and smaller than (<) keys (if that's what you said) and it didn't work.

FIQ

Quote from: blue626 on June 04, 2012, 08:52:57 PM
I also tried the bigger than (>) and smaller than (<) keys (if that's what you said) and it didn't work.
The user interface is a bit unintuitive, it isn't necessary <>. Depending on your layout, it can be something entirely different. Your best bet is using 1-9, 0, for page 1. Page 2 contains roomtext (R), terminals (T), script box (Y), warp tokens (U), warp lines (I), crewmate (O) or your starting position (P).

That, or use the buttons at the right of the key "m" (if you're using a qwerty layout), which si the directional keys. Might be "<>", might be ",.", might be something else.

blue626

I am using a "qwerty" layout, and the 2 buttons at the right of the key "M" worked! Also, I already knew the letter shortcuts.

Pyrite

... Do you mean there are people that DON'T use qwerty keyboards?
(off-topic)