The Wide Adventure

Started by Piplup1122, July 26, 2012, 08:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piplup1122

My 100 rooms long level! Took about more than 2 days just to finish this. :viridian:

Features:
5 Levels(Or Zones) with 20 rooms each
18 Trinkets to collect.
Has some scripts
Gets Harder!

V1.1.1: Somehow the Start point wasn't set for some reason...

V1.1.2: In Level 4: Fix when getting the trinket that plays a script that was played already.

V1.1.3: Fixed?

Piplup1122

Oh man! I found some bug...

Bearboy

AW DANGIT!
I'm stuck in crazy mode,
Also when i got the trinket above the spawn of the green intermission, the script thats played when you first set foot in this level goes off

Piplup1122

LOL but OOPS! Thanks for letting me know.

blue626

Quote from: Piplup1122 on July 26, 2012, 08:47:32 PM
Took about more than 2 days just to finish this. :viridian:

By 2 days, do you mean 48 hours or 2 days, in which you played VVVVVV? If it's the last option, then you're fast! I mean, 100 rooms made in 2 days! However, according to one of your previous post, you didn't play user levels while your level still wasn't finished, but that's still fast! Well, at least, much faster than me. Or, maybe you just play VVVVVV for a long time per day...
By the way, did you use all of the rooms?

I didn't play your level yet. I'll comment when I have played part of the level.

Piplup1122

I played the 3DS version and then when I saw level editor on the computer version, I bought the Windows version.
And yep. Use all rooms. 20x5

blue626

Read my post again. I don't see any relation between your post and my post :o. I don't see any relation with any of the posts above too.

Bearboy

Quote from: Piplup1122 on July 26, 2012, 10:00:28 PM
I played the 3DS version and then when I saw level editor on the computer version, I bought the Windows version.
I know that feel bro.
But i think terry was gunna release level editor for 3ds a while later...
:verdigris:
But it's still cool to be on the forums.

Arthur

This level looks more like a copy of concepts from other levels, with esthetical changes than an original level.The beginning reminds me Quantum Tunnel (awesome level) with the empty path to the left, the VERY EASY-EASY-NORMAL-HARD sequence is probably inspired by Deja Verdigris, You just broke the line (or whatever it's called) looks like The Solution is Dilution from the main game, V-Video is also seen in Soul Searching... And you say "Idea given by : nobody" at the end of the level?!

Dav999

After The Crush Over I got sent to V-video because the gravity lines aren't lined up with Final Exam.

Piplup1122

Sorry. I didn't really play all of the player's level on the 3ds. :victoria: :victoria:

Pyrite

Pyrite

Quote from: Bearboy on July 26, 2012, 10:12:49 PM
Quote from: Piplup1122 on July 26, 2012, 10:00:28 PM
I know that feel bro.
But i think terry was gunna release level editor for 3ds a while later...
:verdigris:
But it's still cool to be on the forums.
Funny, that's exactly what I did.

Piplup1122

Came back from a long rest. Didn't do anything on my new level "Planet Piplup."
I will try to continue making it... :verdigris:

blue626

I didn't finish the level yet, but here are my comments (about what I already played):
In some places where there's vertical warping, spikes that are on top aren't on bottom (and the opposite). Note that you should put 3 spikes (above of each other) on the bottom if the room has a room name.
In the room that warps on all sides (Endless ... something) if you go down and then touch the warp token while going left, you die by touching spikes in the next room.
The "easy" challenge (that :viridian: said it was hard) wasn't hard. In that room, you can get the trinket by just dying in the spikes above (when you already have stepped on the quicksand). If that was made on purpose, please change that.
I don't see why you put a trinket before the "Intermission" entrance.
The trinket after "It's simple" (or something similar) seems easy.

I noticed that some scripts repeat. Perhaps, they all repeat, but I only noticed some repeating scripts.

EDIT: You should change the room with hearts and floating spikes. Make the vertically moving hearts go from above, not below where :viridian: passes (and below, not above) and put walls between the spikes (so that they're not floating). Floating spikes don't look good and are
In the room after "Level Complete?" (the upper path) you should put the spikes more to the right giving at least 3 tiles of space between them and the edge of the screen, so that the death is avoidable.