R key in No Death Mode

Started by Dav999, July 24, 2012, 04:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dav999

Why does the R key work in No Death Mode? It's a bit frustrating if you accidentally press it when you got very far :o

RobinLSL

GOD thanks that I never noticed that. And now it's too late anyway for it to hurt me  :vermillion:

Kind of sad for you though  :victoria: Where did you get?

Dav999

Luckily, I didn't accidentally press it, I just wondered what would happen if you pressed it, started No Death Mode, and pressed R in Welcome Aboard. It worked. :vitellary: I'm glad I didn't press it by accident, but it is a lot more likely that you press it when you use WASD controls. And what if you have a keyboard layout where the R is very close to the normal controls? I wonder how many people have died just because they pressed R accidentally...

Bearboy

i use the arrow buttons instead to move. I've grown to them.....

FIQ

The R key do not work in No Death Mode unless you're on 2.0 (in which it works everywhere).

Dav999

Ok, the R button is a total glitch magnet in some parts of the game. In the secret lab alone I've found several glitches:

-If you stand in the naughty corner and press R, Viridian will stay sad, even in the Super Gravitron
-If you press R in a room with crewmates, they will become sad too! (That's also the case with the ship, or any other place where you can talk with crewmates)
-You can also die in the Super Gravitron, and imagine you were beating your high score...

blue626

Maybe Terry already has noticed that, and that's why he fixed it v.2.1.beta. By reading on what was fixed in 2.1.beta, I knew that the key would work in the main game in 2.0. I didn't think about No Death Mode, though.

That could also make players cheat in Time Trials and Speedruns. If you are trying to speedrun while getting all the trinkets, you could press R after getting the Trinket, subtracting the time between the trinket and the last checkpoint. You could use when trying to get S ranks by getting all the trinkets below par time too. Perhaps, Terry also noticed this.

EDIT: Yes, apparently, crewmates become sad when :viridian: dies. Has anyone noticed that in Int.1? They only turn happy later because :viridian: goes to other room (where the CP is) after he/she dies. That's probably why, in Int. 1., the checkpoints are in rooms without spikes or enemies. However, if :viridian: dies in the 1st room, the crewmate should remain sad. I'll try this.

Dav999

If you go to the Super Gravitron and then go back to the secret lab, the checkpoint is set next to :vermillion:, so you could try it there as well!

Dav999

I tried it, and they don't remain sad. They get happy again when you respawn, even if it's in the same room.
(And that's not the case with :victoria:, because she's sad until you see a teleporter)

blue626

Quote from: Dav999 on July 24, 2012, 07:52:34 PM
-If you press R in a room with crewmates, they will become sad too! (That's also the case with the ship, or any other place where you can talk with crewmates)
Quote from: Dav999 on July 24, 2012, 11:11:48 PM
If you go to the Super Gravitron and then go back to the secret lab, the checkpoint is set next to :vermillion:, so you could try it there as well!
Do they stay sad, or do they become happy when :viridian: respawns? I think the only way to see that is to respawn after playing SG and see if :vermillion: stays sad.

EDIT: It's not possible to see that in the ship because :viridian: respawns in the teleporter (there isn't anyone in that room).

EDIT 2: And when you find :vermillion: in some places, after rescuing him, when you are still looking for the others? Does he stay sad if :viridian: dies and there's a CP in the room?

Dav999

I tried it in intermission 1 and also next to :vermillion: in te secret lab, and my conclusion is: they become happy when :viridian: respawns.