I've been gone for a year. Did I miss anything?

Started by TheoX, July 27, 2012, 04:38:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheoX

So I've been off the drug called VVVVVV since the end of last summer when I went back to school, but I've been looking to hook myself on it again for a while.  Were there any big updates I missed?  I couldn't find anything, so I assume not, but perhaps there were small patches or something.  I'm mainly concerned about if anything was added to the level editor.

All input appreciated!

Bearboy

2.1.2 prerelease patch?
It adds a few commands to the scripting.

Arthur

Quote from: Bearboy on July 27, 2012, 07:25:16 AM
2.1.2 prerelease patch?
And a "direct mode" which makes you can choose freely the look of every tile in your level.

That's nice to see you're back, because you made nice levels reviews on the forum  :viridian: Welcome back!

Hilbert

Dav999

And 17k other new members!

Seriously, how can there be 16282 new members in 2012 if there are only 608 members now? :o

Hilbert

Quote from: Dav999 on July 27, 2012, 12:37:10 PM

Seriously, how can there be 16282 new members in 2012 if there are only 608 members now? :o
Most at spambots deleted by terry, or people who have deleted their account :viridian:

Dav999

Quote from: RoskillaHULK!! on July 27, 2012, 12:41:43 PM
Quote from: Dav999 on July 27, 2012, 12:37:10 PM

Most at spambots deleted by terry, or people who have deleted their account :viridian:

That's an awful lot of spambots, then. :vitellary:
I've already used the 'report to moderator' button several times, because of spam.

blue626

If you're wondering about the version 2.2 of VVVVVV, which Terry had planned, he said that it probably won't be released.

Also, this forum is less active than it was in Aug. 2011, but it's still active.

ToasterApocalypse

TheoX

Quote from: Bearboy on July 27, 2012, 07:25:16 AM
2.1.2 prerelease patch?
Awesome!  I was hoping for more scripting commands... now I just have to find the thread that details these.  Thanks for the info.

Quote from: Arthur on July 27, 2012, 08:11:26 AMAnd a "direct mode" which makes you can choose freely the look of every tile in your level.
That sounds cool.  I must check this out immediately.  Thanks!

Quote from: Arthur
That's nice to see you're back, because you made nice levels reviews on the forum  :viridian: Welcome back!
Nice to see y'all again too!  I hope to do more level reviewing.  I'm working on a game in Game Maker and some other personal projects, but VVVVVV is on my to-do list once more... I think I'm gonna try to finish my level this summer.  It is a big ordeal for me, because I'm so meticulous when I do level design.  I really like how it's going though :)

Pyrite

You missed all seven of my levels. Not to mention a lot of activity and new topics.