Internal commands

Started by Hilbert, July 28, 2012, 01:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: blue626 on November 13, 2012, 07:31:59 PM
Quote from: ToasterApocalypse on November 13, 2012, 07:06:20 PM
Lets talk about tilecol, platv and everything else found in the level file that you can't edit in VVVVVV.

Ok guys?

I'll start: List all the tilesets you can't get without Direct Mode, like tilecol=6 with warpzone tileset.

That isn't internal scripting, is it? Create a new thread for it... or use this thread.

I don't know if this is the right place for this or not, but FIQ discovered that the number of trinkets collected is a 32-bit number and it wraps around back to 0 after giving a trinket while having 232-1=1111...1111 (32 1's) in binary. This means that having -1 trinkets (you can set that by editing the .vvvvvv file) is the same as having 232-1 trinkets! That makes the word "lots" make more sense, but the wrapping is weird.

Ok, I'll do that.

:verdigris: MORE HELP REQUESTED  :verdigris:

I have these scripts.

ifflag(33,IDY)
ifflag(34,IDN)

IDN:

say(-1)
text(1,0,0,4)
[ INTERNAL GIBBERISH ]

And there is no IDY at the moment.

What's supposed to happen is:
I enter the room (flag34 on beforehand)
Activate script 1.
Script 1 activates IDN.
Internal stuff plays.

WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENS:
I enter the room (flag34 beforehand)
Activate script 1.
NO dialogue, just cutscene bars.
Viridian can move.

WHAT DO I DO

EDIT: I think I know.

I think it's because of the capitals.

Dav999

Yes, using capital letters is the problem. (if you knew that, why did you post it here? ???)

EDIT: Oh, now I see, that was an edit. ::)

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: Dav999 on November 13, 2012, 09:12:30 PM
Yes, using capital letters is the problem. (if you knew that, why did you post it here? ???)

Because I figured it out after it was posted. It was +1 post for me! I can't delete my own post!

oh and
I'm getting near my 500th aren't I

OT: The reason I'm posting this stuff is for a reason. Here's a hint: 2

Dav999

That was four seconds after I saved my edit! :o

Pyrite

Dav why are you posting. Stop. This thread has 26 pages.

Dav999

Quote from: eggs benedict w/ hollandaise sauce on November 13, 2012, 09:17:13 PM

I'm not the only one posting here. And it's not like somebody will have to carry this topic in the form of a heavy book, with one post on each page. :D

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: Dav999 on November 13, 2012, 09:29:08 PM
Quote from: eggs benedict w/ hollandaise sauce on November 13, 2012, 09:17:13 PM

I'm not the only one posting here. And it's not like somebody will have to carry this topic in the form of a heavy book, with one post on each page. :D

SORRY DAV I COULDN'T HEAR YOU

I WAS JUST CARRYING THIS BIG BOOK OF INTERNAL COMMANDS. IT HAS LIKE 300 PAGES.

allison

I think it would be more convenient if the lists (play commands, gamestates, entities, etc.) were in the first post so that people can find them.

Dav999

I wanted to use moveplayer(x,y), but it doesn't seem to work when I use A)Say :( A level I want to make really depends on it working that way, I just can't do it in the say(-1) way. :victoria:

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: Dav999 on November 15, 2012, 07:08:04 PM
I wanted to use moveplayer(x,y), but it doesn't seem to work when I use A)Say :( A level I want to make really depends on it working that way, I just can't do it in the say(-1) way. :victoria:

Use walk(x,y) I always do.

blue626

Quote from: ToasterApocalypse on November 15, 2012, 08:37:45 PM

In case you don't know, walk makes :viridian: walk a certain amount of pixels while move teleports :viridian: a certain amount of pixels relative to its position. It's different.

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: blue626 on November 15, 2012, 08:54:43 PM
Quote from: ToasterApocalypse on November 15, 2012, 08:37:45 PM

In case you don't know, walk makes :viridian: walk a certain amount of pixels while move teleports :viridian: a certain amount of pixels relative to its position. It's different.

Oh. I thought it was the same thing.

FIQ

Sounds really odd. I'm speechless to be honest, but I knew there was a possibility of something like this as the fact that the weird method of doing internal scripting works at all is odd. I can try to look how moveplayer() really works (internally) for any clue, but have you considered using gotoposition() instead?

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: FIQ on November 15, 2012, 10:25:07 PM
Quote from: Dav999 on March 20, 1974, 10:14:44 AM
Sounds really odd. I'm speechless to be honest, but I knew there was a possibility of something like this as the fact that the weird method of doing internal scripting works at all is odd. I can try to look how moveplayer() really works (internally) for any clue, but have you considered using gotoposition() instead?

Quote from: FIQ
gotoposition() occasionally doesn't work properly unless it's right after a gotoroom() command.

???

FIQ

Quote from: ToasterApocalypse on November 15, 2012, 10:27:42 PM
Quote from: FIQ on November 15, 2012, 10:25:07 PM
Quote from: Dav999 on March 20, 1974, 10:14:44 AM

Quote from: FIQ
gotoposition() occasionally doesn't work properly unless it's right after a gotoroom() command.

???
Unless you use the third parameter. Dav999 told this but I was slow to realize :p