Internal commands

Started by Hilbert, July 28, 2012, 01:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dav999

Quote from: Piplup1122 on May 15, 2013, 09:39:51 PM
Anybody knows how to use createcrewman(x,y,colour,mood,direction)?
Please. I need your help  :victoria:

Assuming you know how to use internal scripting (I don't know if you do, but there's an explanation at the end of the second post in this thread):

x,y = position.
colour = cyan, red, yellow, green, blue or purple
mood = 0 for happy, 1 for sad
direction = faceleft or faceright (or faceplayer to automatically face Viridian, and you can even use followplayer to follow Viridian)

So for example:

createcrewman(50,60,red,0,faceright)
createcrewman(120,67,blue,1,faceplayer)

Hope that helps :viridian:

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: Dav999 on May 15, 2013, 10:40:28 PM
Quote from: Piplup1122 on May 15, 2013, 09:39:51 PM
Anybody knows how to use createcrewman(x,y,colour,mood,direction)?
Please. I need your help  :victoria:

Assuming you know how to use internal scripting (I don't know if you do, but there's an explanation at the end of the second post in this thread):

x,y = position.
colour = cyan, red, yellow, green, blue or purple
mood = 0 for happy, 1 for sad
direction = faceleft or faceright (or faceplayer to automatically face Viridian, and you can even use followplayer to follow Viridian)

So for example:

createcrewman(50,60,red,0,faceright)
createcrewman(120,67,blue,1,faceplayer)

Hope that helps :viridian:
Anything that isn't cyan,red,purple,blue,yellow and green is gray

Samario

I have a bit of a bug with my internal scripting. I inserted the Gravitron into my level (it worked fine), but when it finished,  :viridian: started zipping around the screen. If I flipped, the script to remove the wraparound (gamestate 200 - finalmode) started and I started zipping from screen to screen at about 3 frames a screen. (I'm not entirely sure, but it looped round the entire 20x20 map ignoring walls (which also had corrupted fragments of Back to VVVVVV's map in it), so there wasn't anything I could do - I couldn't move since I was in a script.) Pressing enter took me to the level editor menu (I was in testing mode when I pressed enter (with the "Uh oh..." from  :viridian: still on the screen). When I went back into the level, all scripts (might only be internal, I have no idea since all my scripts contain proper internal commands) caused  :viridian: 's controls to lock in place - even going back out to the main menu didn't fix it.
I attached a copy if you want to see.

Dav999

Quote from: Samario on May 22, 2013, 08:00:12 PM
I have a bit of a bug with my internal scripting. I inserted the Gravitron into my level (it worked fine), but when it finished,  :viridian: started zipping around the screen.

Yeah, that's a known problem, it's called the Gravitron fling. I think it has something to do with the bottom gravity line of the Gravitron (you know, the way Viridian zips through a lot of rooms, that's supposed to happen to the bottom gravity line after 60 seconds (but much slower of course))

FIQ

You must place the bottom gravity line precisely, or VVVVVV will screw up once the gravitron runs out of time. Even if you do place it correctly, a few edge cases still causes flinging, which can be seen in some of the player levels with gravitrons which aren't inserted 100% correctly.

Chillius

8 Blocks in the Y Axis

Samario

Quote from: Super Chillius03 on May 23, 2013, 02:52:13 PM
8 Blocks in the Y Axis
Thanks for your help.

Also, is it possible to have the animated tiles seen in the second half of The Final Level in the editor?
(By "animated tiles", I mean make them animate via a script or whatever else is necessary (unless it's built into gamestate 200 and I'm doing it wrong...))

Dav999

Quote from: Samario on May 23, 2013, 06:33:46 PM
Also, is it possible to have the animated tiles seen in the second half of The Final Level in the editor?
(By "animated tiles", I mean make them animate via a script or whatever else is necessary (unless it's built into gamestate 200 and I'm doing it wrong...))

I think there is, you just need Direct Mode in 2.1 for it:

Quote from: Doormat on April 05, 2013, 09:39:47 PM
I found something interesting.
In the Space Station tileset, tile 740 animates when finalstretch mode is on!

Chillius

8 Blocks in the Y Axis
Thanks for your help.

Yes There is actaully.

Try looking at some tiles in Direct mode

blue626

Quote from: Super Chillius03 on May 24, 2013, 04:35:53 PM
Yes There is actaully.

Try looking at some tiles in Direct mode

Why would you answer it again? ???

Quote from: Dav999 on May 23, 2013, 07:02:20 PM

FIQ

8 Blocks in the Y Axis
Thanks for your help.

No.
Well yes in theory, but not in practice. You cannot use gamestate 200 for it.

Samario

Quote from: FIQ on May 24, 2013, 07:26:03 PM
No.

So, how DO you do it?

blue626

If you happen to have version 2.0., then you don't have direct mode and what Dav999 said doesn't help here. Can't help you more.

In fact, I'm confused...

Quote from: Dav999 on May 23, 2013, 07:02:20 PM

Quote from: FIQ on May 24, 2013, 07:26:03 PM
(...)

No.

???

Samario

Quote from: blue626 on May 24, 2013, 10:27:58 PM
If you happen to have version 2.0., then you don't have direct mode and what Dav999 said doesn't help here. Can't help you more.

In fact, I'm confused...
(insert quotes here)

???

I do have 2.1, but it still doesn't work (I'm fine with no changing colo(u)r, I just want the tiles to animate).

Off-topic a bit: Yeah, I'm sort of confused too - what Dav999 and FIQ said are completely different - who's right?  ???

allison

It might be possible to use gotoroom(x,y) with nearly identical rooms to make the tiles animate. If you had a WHOLE BUNCH OF ROOMS you could even emulate the color changing!