Internal commands

Started by Hilbert, July 28, 2012, 01:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hilbert

[quote author=Dav999 link=topic=1089.msg9085#msg9085 date=1344717382]
[quote author=blue626 link=topic=1089.msg9082#msg9082 date=1344700549]
Why did you change the color to black? Isn't it already black?
[/quote][left][color=white][color=limegreen][color=maroon][color=navy][color=teal][color=brown][color=beige][color=blue][color=purple][color=orange][color=green][color=pink][color=yellow][color=red][color=black][u][i][b][s]:P[/s][/b][/i][/u][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/left][left][color=black]Maybe he wanted to change the colour to something else and then realized it wasn't appropriate and change the text to 'black' instead of removing the tags.[/color][/left][left][color=black]This post however, contains huge amounts of useless layout tags which you don't notice until you quote because it doesn't change anything[/color][color=black] [/color][color=white][color=limegreen][color=maroon][color=navy][color=teal][color=brown][color=beige][color=blue][color=purple][color=orange][color=green][color=pink][color=yellow][color=red][color=black][u][i][b][s]:viridian:[/s][/b][/i][/u][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/left][left][color=black]Try to quote this post, it's a living hell to read it actually[/color][color=black] [/color][color=white][color=limegreen][color=maroon][color=navy][color=teal][color=brown][color=beige][color=blue][color=purple][color=orange][color=green][color=pink][color=yellow][color=red][color=black][u][i][b][s]:vermillion:[/s][/b][/i][/u][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/left][left][color=black]Time to get back on topic.[/color][/left]
[/quote]

Dav999

That wasn't really necessary :victoria:

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: RoskillaHULK!! on August 12, 2012, 03:57:12 PM
[quote author=Dav999 link=topic=1089.msg9085#msg9085 date=1344717382]
[quote author=blue626 link=topic=1089.msg9082#msg9082 date=1344700549]
[/quote][left][color=white][color=limegreen][color=maroon][color=navy][color=teal][color=brown][color=beige][color=blue][color=purple][color=orange][color=green][color=pink][color=yellow][color=red][color=black][u][i][b][s]:P[/s][/b][/i][/u][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/left][left][color=black]Maybe he wanted to change the colour to something else and then realized it wasn't appropriate and change the text to 'black' instead of removing the tags.[/color][/left][left][color=black]This post however, contains huge amounts of useless layout tags which you don't notice until you quote because it doesn't change anything[/color][color=black] [/color][color=white][color=limegreen][color=maroon][color=navy][color=teal][color=brown][color=beige][color=blue][color=purple][color=orange][color=green][color=pink][color=yellow][color=red][color=black][u][i][b][s]:viridian:[/s][/b][/i][/u][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/left][left][color=black]Try to quote this post, it's a living hell to read it actually[/color][color=black] [/color][color=white][color=limegreen][color=maroon][color=navy][color=teal][color=brown][color=beige][color=blue][color=purple][color=orange][color=green][color=pink][color=yellow][color=red][color=black][u][i][b][s]:vermillion:[/s][/b][/i][/u][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/left][left][color=black]Time to get back on topic.[/color][/left]
[/quote]

:o

Dav999

Yep, that's what you get after you quote my post on the previous page :P (assuming that everybody has set the default number of posts per page)

blue626

Quote from: FIQ on August 12, 2012, 11:35:45 AM
Quote from: blue626 on August 11, 2012, 03:55:49 PM
Quote from: RoskillaHULK!! on August 11, 2012, 03:26:27 PM
Quote from: FIQ on July 28, 2012, 09:34:13 PM
2500-2509 - Perform a teleport to some weird non-existent location, supposedly to The FINAL LEVEL I guess, continue to state 2510

I guess you're right, considering gamestates 2510 and 2512.
I think that gamestate 2514 is wrong too:
2514 - Removes textboxes, play Potential For Anything Predestined Fate

I just tried, it does play Potential For Anything.

But, aren't gamestates 2510 and 2512 the dialog at the beginning of the Final Level? Why does it play Potential for Anything, then? Have you tested gamestate 2509 again? Why do you think it teleports to the Lab?

I don't see any reason for the gaps in the gamestates' numbers. Sometimes gamestates skip one number (2510, 2512) sometimes they skip many numbers. I don't know almost anything about proggraming games (except VVVVVV scripting), so, it might be obvious that I don't know the reason. Perhaps you don't know it too.

FIQ

Quote from: blue626 on August 12, 2012, 06:43:29 PM
Quote from: FIQ on August 12, 2012, 11:35:45 AM
Quote from: blue626 on August 11, 2012, 03:55:49 PM
Quote from: RoskillaHULK!! on August 11, 2012, 03:26:27 PM
2500-2509 - Perform a teleport to some weird non-existent location, supposedly to The FINAL LEVEL I guess, continue to state 2510

I guess you're right, considering gamestates 2510 and 2512.
I think that gamestate 2514 is wrong too:
2514 - Removes textboxes, play Potential For Anything Predestined Fate

I just tried, it does play Potential For Anything.

But, aren't gamestates 2510 and 2512 the dialog at the beginning of the Final Level? Why does it play Potential for Anything, then? Have you tested gamestate 2509 again? Why do you think it teleports to the Lab?

I don't see any reason for the gaps in the gamestates' numbers. Sometimes gamestates skip one number (2510, 2512) sometimes they skip many numbers. I don't know almost anything about proggraming games (except VVVVVV scripting), so, it might be obvious that I don't know the reason. Perhaps you don't know it too.
No, I don't.

And it IS playing Potential For Anything. Try for yourself

say(-1)
text(1,0,0,4)
say(4)
gamestate(2514)
endcutscene
untilbars
loadscript(stop)

About teleporting, if I say that it teleports to somewhere, I'm pretty confident in it. Just create a 20x20 custom level map and test the game state, and see where teleports go, etc.

And no, I've no idea why gamestates occasionally skip numbers. It's just the way it is.

Dav999

Quote102 - Verdigris: "Captain! I've been so worried!"
104 - "I'm glad you're ok!"
106 - "I've been trying to find a way out, but I keep going around in circles..."
108 - "Don't worry! I have a teleporter key!"
110 - "Follow me!"

102, 104, 106, 108, 110 are dialogs, so maybe 103, 105, 107, 109 and 111 are endtexts?
Like this:

Gamestate 102:
squeak(green)
text(green,0,0,1)
Captain! I've been so worried!
position(green,above)
speak_active

Gamestate 103:
endtext

Gamestate 104:
squeak(player)
text(cyan,0,0,1)
I'm glad you're ok!
position(player,above)
speak_active

Gamestate 105:
endtext

Gamestate 106:
Quotesqueak(green)
text(green,0,0,3)
I've been trying to find a
way out, but I keep going
around in circles...
position(green,above)
speak_active

Gamestate 107:
endtext

Gamestate 108:
squeak(player)
text(cyan,0,0,2)
Don't worry! I have a
teleporter key!
position(player,above)
speak_active

Gamestate 109:
endtext

Gamestate 110:
squeak(player)
text(cyan,0,0,1)
Follow me!
position(player,above)
speak_active

Gamestate 111:
endtext

But why split all these dialogs in different gamestates? As if was necessary to skip some dialogs or change the order! :-\

FIQ

Quote from: Dav999 on August 12, 2012, 08:03:37 PM
Quote102 - Verdigris: "Captain! I've been so worried!"
104 - "I'm glad you're ok!"
106 - "I've been trying to find a way out, but I keep going around in circles..."
108 - "Don't worry! I have a teleporter key!"
110 - "Follow me!"

102, 104, 106, 108, 110 are dialogs, so maybe 103, 105, 107, 109 and 111 are endtexts?
Like this:

Gamestate 102:
squeak(green)
text(green,0,0,1)
Captain! I've been so worried!
position(green,above)
speak_active

Gamestate 103:
endtext

Gamestate 104:
squeak(player)
text(cyan,0,0,1)
I'm glad you're ok!
position(player,above)
speak_active

Gamestate 105:
endtext

Gamestate 106:
Quotesqueak(green)
text(green,0,0,3)
I've been trying to find a
way out, but I keep going
around in circles...
position(green,above)
speak_active

Gamestate 107:
endtext

Gamestate 108:
squeak(player)
text(cyan,0,0,2)
Don't worry! I have a
teleporter key!
position(player,above)
speak_active

Gamestate 109:
endtext

Gamestate 110:
squeak(player)
text(cyan,0,0,1)
Follow me!
position(player,above)
speak_active

Gamestate 111:
endtext

But why split all these dialogs in different gamestates? As if was necessary to skip some dialogs or change the order! :-\
In general, most gamestates <200 is very early and I guess they was created before the actual scripting language. Note that most, if not all, dialogs in the current game is created from VVVVVVscript and not with hardcoded gamestates. For example, look at gamestate 2. Familiar? ;)
http://distractionware.com/games/flash/vvvvvvproto/

And no, there's no gamestate 103 at all. (or 105, etc)

Dav999

That explains why a lot of gamestates are actually scripts. Actually, there are just a few scripts which aren't also accessible using gamestates! So maybe continuing using gamestates would have been a better option instead of creating a scripting language, if there was no level editor in which we can use that scripting language! :vermillion: So in this case, it would not have been a better option.

And I know that prototype already, I have played it before. (I don't know what kind of shoes :viridian: wore before version 1.0, but it made the prototype the slipperiest game I've ever seen!)

Bearboy

I'm just gonna interrupt and say:
How do make teleporter in terminal?

Dav999

Quote from: Bearboy on August 13, 2012, 10:10:18 AM
I'm just gonna interrupt and say:
How do make teleporter in terminal?

Do you mean making a big round teleporter or teleport using a command?

Bearboy

Teleporter in a terminal, internal script that executes via a terminal to teleport you to another room.
Also, the word teleport is underlined in red?  ???

Dav999

Quote from: Bearboy on August 13, 2012, 10:54:43 AM
Teleporter in a terminal, internal script that executes via a terminal to teleport you to another room.

gotoroom(x-1,y-1), because the level editor starts with 1 but internal scripts start with 0, so if you want to teleport to room (5,13), you should use gotoroom(4,12). If you also want to go to another location in that room, which is likely, you should use gotoposition(x,y), otherwise you will change rooms while staying in the same spot on the screen. If the room you're teleporting to has a wall in that spot, you will get stuck. The coordinates are a bit trial and error, so just start somewhere like 50,50 and just decide from that whether you need to move up, down, left, right, or if it's perfect.

Bearboy

Quote from: Dav999 on August 13, 2012, 02:13:00 PM
Quote from: Bearboy on August 13, 2012, 10:54:43 AM

gotoroom(x-1,y-1), because the level editor starts with 1 but internal scripts start with 0, so if you want to teleport to room (5,13), you should use gotoroom(4,12). If you also want to go to another location in that room, which is likely, you should use gotoposition(x,y), otherwise you will change rooms while staying in the same spot on the screen. If the room you're teleporting to has a wall in that spot, you will get stuck. The coordinates are a bit trial and error, so just start somewhere like 50,50 and just decide from that whether you need to move up, down, left, right, or if it's perfect.
Is there a way to make that little flashy sequence before you dissappear?

Dav999

Something like this:

flash(5)
playef(9)
shake(20)
delay(30)
flash(5)
playef(9)
shake(20)
delay(30)
flash(5)
playef(10)