Souleye's PPPPPP: VVVVVV Soundtrack is out!

Started by joniho, January 10, 2010, 04:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dinx2582

Four out of five is a bit stingy if you ask me.  I'd go with 9/10, personally.  The remaining point omitted due to the fact this we're not talking about Mega Man 2's OST :P

And speaking of Mega Man 2.5D, I got that friggin' Stage Select stuck in my head again.  Can't wait to hear it in the final game, it's gonna kick ass!

StephenM3

I've still been unable to find (or notice, maybe) Phear's inclusion in the game.  Barring my simple inattention, either it has something to do with no-death mode or there's a really well-hidden secret somewhere.

SoulEye

Terry

Quote from: StephenM3 on March 04, 2010, 08:08:24 PM
I've still been unable to find (or notice, maybe) Phear's inclusion in the game.  Barring my simple inattention, either it has something to do with no-death mode or there's a really well-hidden secret somewhere.

This was for a planned easter egg that got left out in the last minute rush to finish up the game :(

There's one particular room in the overworld with a structure that's not connected to anything, and what was supposed to happen if you waited there for a few seconds was that the whole world would flip vertically and that sound effect would play. Instead, I just added Flip Mode as a new game option!

SoulEye

So now that the truth is out there, let's just call it a bonus track! :D

Here's seven fun facts about it:

* The voice you hear is me.
* It's unprocessed, no effects added.
* I sound like that normally.
* It was recorded on a single inhale...
* ...Through my left nostril.
* Terry thought it was scary when he first heard the jingle.
* If you play it in reverse, it sounds like "we are the champions" sung by Queen.

Ok, so maybe only two of those facts are actually true.

SoulEye

Another review of PPPPPP: http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9022444

(I gave him permission to use the songs like he did)

Sakura-Sun

Quote from: SoulEye on March 05, 2010, 07:49:26 AM
So now that the truth is out there, let's just call it a bonus track! :D

Here's seven fun facts about it:

* The voice you hear is me.
* It's unprocessed, no effects added.
* I sound like that normally.
* It was recorded on a single inhale...
* ...Through my left nostril.
* Terry thought it was scary when he first heard the jingle.
* If you play it in reverse, it sounds like "we are the champions" sung by Queen.

Ok, so maybe only two of those facts are actually true.

Well I have no clue on those (except I think the only one is true is is it your voice done with a single inhale), all I can say is that you make such great music.
My favorite track is 'Potential for Anything', which I am listening to right now.

StephenM3

I've been meaning to mention my favorite song, since it doesn't seem that it's anybody's favorite but my own:  Predestined fate.  Everything about it just feels so... excellent.  I can and do hum any of the parts to it, and they all play off each other so spryly yet calmly.  'Tis some very great songwriting.

nathanel

Oh I love 'Potential for anything'! It is the only song in this soundtrack that feels to me to be both happy and sad at the same time. I know it sounds eerie but I somehow find this song + Super Gravitron to be a metaphore of life - you try, you fail, you are sad, you try again and again, you succeed, you are happy, you think about all previous fails but also about all potential successes in the future. Totally love it.

A poll maybe? :P