Medium/Hard level pack

Started by Mysterio, February 21, 2014, 08:42:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysterio

Here are some challenging levels! The levels are on the short/moderate side of length, so you don't get bored; and they all have something special to offer! No forced VVV's or Pixel-Accuracy-Flips!
Feedback is always accepted!
(Make sure to Unzip/Extract!)
Enjoy,
Mysterio  8)

WF

I beat 'All Alone', it was pretty cool. Seemed like some of the trinkets were impossible to get though.

The 'Sound of VVVVVV' level was interesting. Kind of reminds me of that level in Super Mario 2 with the rows of pipes and you have to guess which one has the key.

Mysterio

'All alone' was the first level I made in the VVVVVV editor. And 'The sound of VVVVVV' was actually part of the easy level pack, but yeah it's neat too.
~Mysterio  8)

Info Teddy

There is a trinket that you literally can't get, in All Alone. Ironically, Virdian says "Finally! A trinket that's easy to get!". Yeah, a trinket hidden under a 2-block ceiling is an easy trinket to get.

Scripts also repeat in All Alone.

You can get hit by an enemy, but can't do anything about it in rescuing Victoria in the hard version Crash Landing. Because a script is currently running. Please at least remove the enemy, or don't run scripts in places where you need critical control over Viridian.

Did I also mention scripts repeat in the hard version of Crash Landing? If it weren't for the specific way VVVVVV was structured, I wouldn't've ever gotten Victoria.

Mysterio

You're right about that trinket, I actually found it quite funny that I caused such irony. I fixed it. Also, regarding Victoria, I saw that 'problem' there but I didn't think anyone would really mind too much. (Mostly because it was 4:00AM) I'll go ahead and fix that as well. And as for the script repetition, I  actually don't know how to fix that. All alone had some script problems, but that's because it was the first level I made and I didn't really care, since you don't play the level for the scripts. Regardless, how do you stop a script from repeating? I noticed that before as well. If you want the fixed levels I can edit the level pack, but otherwise I'll leave it. Thanks for the feedback.
~Mysterio  8)

Viridan

Also Victoria is not a guy...

...as in "The blue guy"

Info Teddy

Quote from: Mysterio on March 03, 2014, 07:42:47 PMhow do you stop a script from repeating?
Basically, some random flag trickery.

This is what a cutscene script should look like:ifflag(1,nothing)
say(blue,1)
I'm afraid!
You're afraid of what?
say(blue,1)
I don't know!
say(blue,1)
Just come guide me to safety!
sad
*sigh*
happy
Okay, then.
flag(1,on)

Now, here is the important part. Make a new script named "nothing", and put NOTHING in it. FIGURATIVELY.

Dav999

Quote from: PK Lovin Ω on March 04, 2014, 12:17:15 AM
ifflag(1,nothing)
say(blue,1)
I'm afraid!
You're afraid of what?
say(blue,1)
I don't know!
say(blue,1)
Just come guide me to safety!
sad
*sigh*
happy
Okay, then.
flag(1,on)

The downside of that is that it will make cutscene bars appear when the script is triggered for the second time, because of a bug in VVVVVV. I always workaround like this:

Code (script_load) Select
ifflag(1,stop)
flag(1,on)
iftrinkets(0,script)

Code (script) Select
reply(2)
I'll say this once:
(Insert all dialog here)

There's no difference between a "nothing" script, "stop" script, a "this_is_empty" script or whatever, as long as it's empty (it doesn't even have to exist)

Mysterio

Ok sweet, thanks. I'll apply that with future levels. Even though my levels had script errors, I still hope you enjoyed them.
~Mysterio  8)

Info Teddy

Quote from: Mysterio on March 04, 2014, 10:48:59 PMOk sweet, thanks. I'll apply that with future levels. Even though my levels had script errors, I still hope you enjoyed them.
~Mysterio  8)
/ actua\\y d/d not enjoy "A\\ A\one". Unfortunate\y, /f a scr/pt /s runn/ng wh/\e you rescue a crewmate, the game w/\\ "g\/tch out" (#TW: usage of /ncorrect terms), forc/ng you to \eave the \eve\. Once you do, any \eve\ you go /n w/\\ have every spr/te rep\aced w/th crewmates, a\ong w/th V/r/d/an a\ways be/ng happy. The on\y way to f/x th/s g\/tch /s to \eave the game.