Tainted Love

Started by samuelsketch, August 25, 2012, 05:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samuelsketch

Tainted Love is my first custom VVVVVV level. It's pretty simple, really. It doesn't use that much scripting. There's no "storyline". Everything is what it seems. It's just you, your keyboard, and pain. Lots and lots of excruciating pain.

The level isn't long in terms of size - it's the default 5x5 size - so it's a good thing I made it just a little bit too hard.  :vermillion: Beginners to playing custom levels might want to try other levels first before tackling this one. I don't want anyone getting so enraged that they feel the urge to smash their computer with a hammer, that's all.

Oh, and there are also nine trinkets to collect. Good luck with that.

If you find any glitches or bugs in the level, or if you have some general feedback, please reply! I hope you have as much fun playing Tainted Love as I did making it.

Screenshots!  :viridian:

Download it now!!

ToasterApocalypse

OOOOOHHHHHH

This looks difficult.  :o

Dav999

OK. :o I got 514 deaths before finally giving up. I tried to get as far as I could, but I can't even get to the first checkpoint in The Left Way is the Right Way. This is a very difficult level.

Capn Muffin

Awesome stuff here! How do you code the gravitron??  :vitellary:

Dav999

Quote from: Capn Muffin on August 27, 2012, 02:08:00 AM
Awesome stuff here! How do you code the gravitron??  :vitellary:

Do you mean the real survive for 60 seconds gravitron? That would be gamestate(10).

FIQ

Gravitron - HARD EDITION :o

ToasterApocalypse

OFF TOPIC: Did he delete his account?

ON TOPIC: Being the lazy person I am, I haven't downloaded it. I just downloaded it. TIME TO PLAY  :vermillion:

EDIT: I can still access his profile: http://distractionware.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=21457

Dav999

Quote from: ToasterApocolypse on August 27, 2012, 04:02:18 PM

ON TOPIC: Being the lazy person I am, I haven't downloaded it. I just downloaded it. TIME TO PLAY  :vermillion:

EDIT: I can still access his profile: http://distractionware.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=21457

So that's what happens if a user deletes their account. I always wondered what would happen with all the posts, and if that user has created a topic, what would happen with the posts of the people who have posted in it. Also, what happens when you delete a topic? Does everyone who has posted in that topic lose their posts and get a lower post count?

On topic: this level is Hard! :victoria: Seeing the screenshot of On the Flipside, how are you even supposed to get past it?

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: Dav999 on August 27, 2012, 04:30:13 PM
Quote from: ToasterApocolypse on August 27, 2012, 04:02:18 PM

So that's what happens if a user deletes their account. I always wondered what would happen with all the posts, and if that user has created a topic, what would happen with the posts of the people who have posted in it. Also, what happens when you delete a topic? Does everyone who has posted in that topic lose their posts and get a lower post count?

On topic: this level is Hard! :victoria: Seeing the screenshot of On the Flipside, how are you even supposed to get past it?

Flip onto the bottom platform. When you are nearly at the spikes, flip onto the middle. After, flip back onto the bottom platform and then up to the top platform. Wait until the middle platform is near the opening and flip to it. Room over.

CURRENT STATUS:

ROOM: Mister Nice Guy is Dead
DEATHS:528
TIME: 40+ minutes

Dav999

Quote from: ToasterApocolypse on August 27, 2012, 04:49:48 PM

Flip onto the bottom platform. When you are nearly at the spikes, flip onto the middle. After, flip back onto the bottom platform and then up to the top platform. Wait until the middle platform is near the opening and flip to it. Room over.

Oh, I thought those platforms were disappearing platforms instead of moving platforms :P If they were, It wouldn't be possible, right?

OT: My 300th post!

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: Dav999 on August 27, 2012, 05:18:30 PM
Quote from: ToasterApocolypse on August 27, 2012, 04:49:48 PM

Oh, I thought those platforms were disappearing platforms instead of moving platforms :P If they were, It wouldn't be possible, right?

OT: My 300th post!

ON TOPIC: It would be impossible.

OFF TOPIC: Nice.

OTHER OFF TOPIC: Yeah, I think that's what happens when someone deletes their account. It happened with Zerdamia too.

Dav999

Quote from: ToasterApocolypse on August 27, 2012, 06:39:52 PM
OTHER OFF TOPIC: Yeah, I think that's what happens when someone deletes their account. It happened with Zerdamia too.

Why do so many (2 :P) people delete their account? I've never seen a user with a guest rank before, and today it is 2?

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: Dav999 on August 27, 2012, 07:03:55 PM

Why do so many (2 :P) people delete their account? I've never seen a user with a guest rank before, and today it is 2?

Answered in the best way possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t348e24vDyA

Dav999

Quote from: ToasterApocolypse on August 27, 2012, 07:26:53 PM

:D

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: Dav999 on August 27, 2012, 07:40:51 PM
Quote from: ToasterApocolypse on August 27, 2012, 07:26:53 PM

:D
I cannot discuss a laughing face

apart from the fact that it laughs and is a face