VVVVVV Port ideas?

Started by MoogiGMD, September 11, 2012, 05:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoogiGMD

This Place Is For Admins And Stuff...However You can look at the ideas just no commenting unless your idea is a port

So i was playing VVVVVV On the 3DS today and thought...why not other ports like
PS3,XBOX360,Sony Ericson and/or Nintendo WII...

i think that the game would get more votes and stuff with a TV advert too!

Hilbert

Psp. My friend thinks the game is cool, but he'll play it only if there is a psp port.

Dav999

iOS and Android? (I don't think any more ports will be made. There was a version for Android and jailbroken iOS devices, but it was not official, it only plays user levels and the controls are very different.

)

cmpgk1024

Quote from: Dav999 on September 11, 2012, 08:51:07 PM
iOS and Android?
I think touchscreens would be a little slow for those devilishly hard VVVVVV rooms....

FIQ

IIRC there is already an remade VVVVVV engine for iOS/Android somewhere in this forum. To prevent legal issues it was made only to support custom levels.

Dav999

blue626

Quote from: FIQ on September 12, 2012, 11:27:40 AM
IIRC there is already an remade VVVVVV engine for iOS/Android somewhere in this forum. To prevent legal issues it was made only to support custom levels.

Quote from: Dav999 on September 11, 2012, 08:51:07 PM
iOS and Android? (I don't think any more ports will be made. There was a version for Android and jailbroken iOS devices, but it was not official, it only plays user levels and the controls are very different.

)

I found 2 threads related with that:

Arm v7 Cross-Compile Request
VVVVVV on Android (gameplay video + tutorial)

So, that's why there was no main game in there!
I concord with Dav999. There probably won't be any more ports made, as Terry prefers doing other things (he's probably fixing bugs in Super Hexagon in these days). VVVVVV is 2 years and 8 months old. Is he still sick of it?

Quote from: Hacker3443 on September 11, 2012, 05:53:30 PM
This Place Is For Admins And Stuff...However You can look at the ideas just no commenting unless your idea is a port

I can just post a comment like I just did now! This is related and might be useful.

EDIT: Dav999, your post is the 1st I saw in this forum with a phone icon! I think it's related to offline modes...

Dav999

Quote from: blue626 on September 12, 2012, 12:21:37 PM
EDIT: Dav999, your post is the 1st I saw in this forum with a phone icon! I think it's related to offline modes...

If you click on the WAP2 button at the bottom of the screen, and make your post from there, then you'll get a phone icon. It's basically an extremely basic version of the site, only black and white, Times New Roman, and no smileys or images.

blue626

It seems to be a version for phones without touch screen. It has numbers next to some links, which I suppose are the buttons need to press to click the link. There are links without numbers, though. How do you click those if you're on a phone without touch screen? Do you use the arrow keys?
Other differences are that there're only 9 topics per page in the board and 5 posts per page in the topic.
I wrote this in that mode (see icon above!).

EDIT: Oh, and quotes are written differently:

---Quote by (username) on (date and time)---

(text)

---End quote---

Dav999

How about porting VVVVVV to these phones? :D

MoogiGMD

What about teh wii? i thought the wii would work properly :) but the colours would be distorted a little...anyone come up? and agree!

it would also be 3DS and WII (Wii has level editor)

blue626

Bump!
Terry is thinking about porting VVVVVV to iOS and Android!
I did say...
Quote from: blue626 on September 12, 2012, 12:21:37 PM
I concord with Dav999. There probably won't be any more ports made, as Terry prefers doing other things (he's probably fixing bugs in Super Hexagon in these days). VVVVVV is 2 years and 8 months old. Is he still sick of it?
(read the glowing text!)

EDIT: He's not promising anything!

Dav999

FIQ

I wonder, will 1.2 be ported (easy way, but without custom levels), or will 2.x be remade back to flash?

Dav999

Quote from: FIQ on October 24, 2012, 04:46:54 PM
I wonder, will 1.2 be ported (easy way, but without custom levels), or will 2.x be remade back to flash?

Maybe it will be made the same way as the 3DS version. However, I think that a flash version is the most likely, because SH and DLB were also made in Flash.

Can you also import levels in the 3DS version? It would be very nice if you could do that in the iPhone version, and there are three possibilities how to do that (as long as it is supported in Flash):

• The ability to transfer levels through iTunes (you can transfer files to an app through iTunes!)
  • The ability to put levels on a server, so they can also be downloaded by other people (may be hard to do)
  • The ability, if you use a browser and you want to download a .vvvvvv file, to open it in VVVVVV (this can also be done, it happens already with some apps in combination with certain file types). It would require supporting .vvvvvv files on this forum, or the VVVVVV app would need to be able to open .zip files, and then detect whether it's a level or not. (and that an error occurs if it isn't a level)