Taller screen iPhone 5

Started by Dav999, September 13, 2012, 07:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dav999

So, now that the iPhone 5 with a taller screen has been announced, will Super Hexagon be updated to match the new screen dimensions? And if that's the case, won't it make the game easier as you can see further ahead?

Scorpion008

mcc ‏@mcclure111
It looks like Apple finally uploaded the Xcode that lets you create and test iPhone-5 form factor stuff? :O

Terry Cavanagh ‏@terrycavanagh
@mcclure111 @smestorp I'll have to wait for adobe to catch up, unfortunately (I've never used xcode!)

This help?

Dav999

Quote from: Scorpion008 on September 20, 2012, 05:26:44 PM
mcc ‏@mcclure111
It looks like Apple finally uploaded the Xcode that lets you create and test iPhone-5 form factor stuff? :O

@mcclure111 @smestorp I'll have to wait for adobe to catch up, unfortunately (I've never used xcode!)

This help?

Yes. I didn't know you could create iPhone apps without Xcode, though!

Dav999

To add to this topic, which answers my question about the game getting easier:

Cool, iPhone 5 resolution implemented! Hopefully this actually works... http://i.imgur.com/tnETm.png

Ryan Rigney ‏@RKRigney
@terrycavanagh How are you handling it? Do iPhone 5 users have a wider view of what's coming?

@RKRigney Yeah, basically - it's zoomed in very slightly, though!

Ryan Rigney ‏@RKRigney
@terrycavanagh Ah, okay. So basically it all came down to altering the camera. I ask because other developers are facing weirder challenges.

Ryan Rigney ‏@RKRigney
@terrycavanagh Like I know that @helvetica is adding additional rows (and thus separate leaderboards) to SpellTower on iPhone 5.