Warp line to another room

Started by TheBlackLion, September 23, 2012, 02:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBlackLion

Hi!
I'm new on this game and I'm starting creating a cool custom level  :viridian:
but I was wondering if there was any possible way to make a warp line on a room edge that teleport you to another room edge (which is obviously not touching the first one).
And maybe even a way to teleport you from an horizontal edge to a vertical edge?
I can do this with warp token but it takes a lot of place and didn't give me the result I want...

Thanks for your help!

Dav999

Quote from: TheBlackLion on September 23, 2012, 02:58:41 PM
Hi!
I'm new on this game and I'm starting creating a cool custom level  :viridian:
but I was wondering if there was any possible way to make a warp line on a room edge that teleport you to another room edge (which is obviously not touching the first one).
And maybe even a way to teleport you from an horizontal edge to a vertical edge?
I can do this with warp token but it takes a lot of place and didn't give me the result I want...

Thanks for your help!

It's not possible normally, but you can do that with internal scripting (that means, something complicated that can be accessed through an exploit in the script editor), but it is possible. Imagine you want to go from room A to room B, but the exit of room A takes you to the adjacent room C instead of room B. If possible, make room C identical to room B. Go to room C in the level editor and remember the coordinates (in the bottom right corner). Make a script box at the very edge of where you enter room B, give it a name, and type this in the script:

say(-1)
text(1,0,0,4)
say(4)
gotoroom
endcutscene()
untilbars()
loadscript(stop)

Now, don't try to understand what the above means. Take the coordinates of room C and subtract 1 from each of the two numbers (so if C has coordinates (5,2), you'll get (4,1). Type that after 'gotoroom, so you'll get:

say(-1)
text(1,0,0,4)
say(4)
gotoroom(4,1)
endcutscene()
untilbars()
loadscript(stop)

Now, save your level and test it. You'll hear a terminal sound, and you'll have to wait for the cutscene bars, but at least it does what you want.

TheBlackLion

Thanks a lot for the help, i'll try to do that.
Also where can i find a tutorial about vvvvvv script editor?

Dav999