1 (3.1%)
butt
5 (15.6%)
sauce
21 (65.6%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closes: July 23, 2037, 11:30:05 PM

avengah

There was still a problem with Vermilion following me. When I reached the room with the warps, I went left then right again and he was gone. But I still got the warp sound and flash when I entered the room after the warps. It's good that he usually follows you back left again, but you seem to have forgotten to do it for that one room.

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: avengah on November 17, 2012, 06:29:44 PM
There was still a problem with Vermilion following me. When I reached the room with the warps, I went left then right again and he was gone. But I still got the warp sound and flash when I entered the room after the warps. It's good that he usually follows you back left again, but you seem to have forgotten to do it for that one room.

I'll try fixing that.

avengah

I wanted to ask something about the room "Surprise Inversion Plane". (It's spelt surprise, not suprise, by the way.) Are you supposed to run into the room, hit the plane and then hit the upper plane to bounce back down? Because you can skip the whole process by going slowly into the room. If you want to force the player to have to use the upper plane to get back down, you could redesign the entrance to the room so that the plane forces you into the upper area - maybe have spikes on the lower ceiling to stop you tiptoeing in, and have a single spike on the floor to stop you jumping into the plane to avoid the upper area that way.

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: avengah on November 18, 2012, 05:59:13 PM
I wanted to ask something about the room "Surprise Inversion Plane". (It's spelt surprise, not suprise, by the way.) Are you supposed to run into the room, hit the plane and then hit the upper plane to bounce back down? Because you can skip the whole process by going slowly into the room. If you want to force the player to have to use the upper plane to get back down, you could redesign the entrance to the room so that the plane forces you into the upper area - maybe have spikes on the lower ceiling to stop you tiptoeing in, and have a single spike on the floor to stop you jumping into the plane to avoid the upper area that way.

Actually, it's a trap. The other plane was to escape it so I wasn't too much of an 'asshole'

You're basically supposed to skip it, the other plane is for those foolish enough to fall into it. Also, I'll fix that thing about the incorrect spelling.

ToasterApocalypse

2.5 is here! Contains bugfixes and other minor things.

avengah

Why can't I enter the Enterprise after doing the first area? Hang on while I go back through the first area again...

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: avengah on November 19, 2012, 01:15:21 PM
Why can't I enter the Enterprise after doing the first area? Hang on while I go back through the first area again...

I don't know! I'll look into it.

avengah

Yeah, I went back through the first area and I still can't get in. My guess is it's something to do with you changing the way the first area ends (making it automatic).

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: avengah on November 19, 2012, 01:18:46 PM
Yeah, I went back through the first area and I still can't get in. My guess is it's something to do with you changing the way the first area ends (making it automatic).

Very possible.
I just had a look myself, and it's true, you can't do Enterprise.
I have already fixed this, 2.6 is on it's way.

Then I'm going to work on Chapter 3 a bit more.

EDIT: 2.6 is released, it didn't take long to fix. Your bugfixes are semi-appreciated, because I have to fix them!

avengah

Sorry, you said you'd fixed Verdigris's messages appearing more than once when you save him. Just go into the room where you meet him, go left then right again and the messages are all repeated. Sorry :)

EDIT: Where's Vitellary? There's no-one at the end of Enterprise. And I can't get into the Polar Dimension passageway. Ah, but the Warp Zone is open now. (I think that's what it's called? Top right corner, blocked by four tokens.)

EDIT 2: Completing the first area unlocks the Enterprise AND the Warp Zone.

EDIT 3: You know when you enter Vertigo's trap, and say "Hey guys, I'm...", it's possible to get on top of the cage. Flip at just the right time. Then you'll be on the cage and Vertigo won't talk to you. I flipped up and saw the above room (part of the next area), and had to press R to go back. Oh, and in the bit just before that, when Vermilion enters the warp, again he disappears too early. If you go back after he says he'll enter the warp but before he does enter the warp, he still vanishes well before you hear the warp sound. A lot of his text repeats in that area, too.

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: avengah on November 19, 2012, 04:42:30 PM
Sorry, you said you'd fixed Verdigris's messages appearing more than once when you save him. Just go into the room where you meet him, go left then right again and the messages are all repeated. Sorry :)

EDIT: Where's Vitellary? There's no-one at the end of Enterprise. And I can't get into the Polar Dimension passageway. Ah, but the Warp Zone is open now. (I think that's what it's called? Top right corner, blocked by four tokens.)

EDIT 2: Completing the first area unlocks the Enterprise AND the Warp Zone.

EDIT 3: You know when you enter Vertigo's trap, and say "Hey guys, I'm...", it's possible to get on top of the cage. Flip at just the right time. Then you'll be on the cage and Vertigo won't talk to you. I flipped up and saw the above room (part of the next area), and had to press R to go back. Oh, and in the bit just before that, when Vermilion enters the warp, again he disappears too early. If you go back after he says he'll enter the warp but before he does enter the warp, he still vanishes well before you hear the warp sound. A lot of his text repeats in that area, too.
BUG 1: Arrggg... EDIT: Fixed, still need to patch.
BUG 2: Fixed, need to put it in a patch still.
BUG 3: AAAAAA MUST FIX (EDIT: Fixed, but I still need to place it in a patch)
BUG 4: I noticed, I must try to fix that.
BUG 5: Ok screw it, CHANGEAI MODE ACTIVATED
BUG 6: What? I thought I fixed that!  :victoria:

This is more trouble than it's worth!

avengah

I've just been trying the new area in the editor. Nice! BTW, check your text positioning in the second S C room. I'm assuming nothing happens yet in the room with the artifact?

Here's a suggestion for you, to save trouble later. Create a text file in Notepad and list every flag and what it does. Half your problems are caused by using the same flag for more than one thing, and forgetting which flag you should be using. List them all in a text file and it'll help you a lot.

I'm now testing the PD passageway in the editor. You've spelt surprise wrong again below the second Mark I, sorry. Refinery script repeats, but that doesn't really matter. No harm in having two refined trinkets, really!

The PD passageway terminal that's supposed to warp you to the PD doesn't work. I get cutscene bars and a noise, then it stops with the bars active. Although I'm testing it in the editor, so maybe that's because a flag isn't set or something, but just in case I'd better let you know.

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: avengah on November 19, 2012, 05:35:43 PM
I've just been trying the new area in the editor. Nice! BTW, check your text positioning in the second S C room. I'm assuming nothing happens yet in the room with the artifact?

Here's a suggestion for you, to save trouble later. Create a text file in Notepad and list every flag and what it does. Half your problems are caused by using the same flag for more than one thing, and forgetting which flag you should be using. List them all in a text file and it'll help you a lot.

I'm now testing the PD passageway in the editor. You've spelt surprise wrong again below the second Mark I, sorry. Refinery script repeats, but that doesn't really matter. No harm in having two refined trinkets, really!

I was planning on doing so.

SPOILER: HIGHLIGHT TO READ: When I release 2.7, more Ch. 3 is going to be added. It's three unoriginal Gravitrons. That's basically it.

avengah

Just in case you missed it:

The PD passageway terminal that's supposed to warp you to the PD doesn't work. I get cutscene bars and a noise, then it stops with the bars active. Although I'm testing it in the editor, so maybe that's because a flag isn't set or something, but just in case I'd better let you know.

Trying the PD itself now.

EDIT: Yeah, everything else seems fine. Oh, Vermilion warping happened twice. By that, I mean I heard the SFX and flash upon entering the next room, went back two rooms, went forward two rooms and had the SFX and flash again. I tried it again and it didn't happen a third time. I'm assuming a flag is set in the room where the flash occurs but I didn't go far enough into the room the first time?

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: avengah on November 19, 2012, 05:46:35 PM
Just in case you missed it:

Trying the PD itself now.

EDIT: Yeah, everything else seems fine. Oh, Vermilion warping happened twice. By that, I mean I heard the SFX and flash upon entering the next room, went back two rooms, went forward two rooms and had the SFX and flash again. I tried it again and it didn't happen a third time. I'm assuming a flag is set in the room where the flash occurs but I didn't go far enough into the room the first time?

Yes.

I'm probably NOT going to update the level today, even if some of the bugs are major. I'm just really bored.