butt
5 (15.6%)
sauce
21 (65.6%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closes: July 23, 2037, 11:30:05 PM

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: Flushex on December 14, 2012, 07:01:03 PM
Uh oh Toast, I think I might be at a potential gamebreaking glitch (for me). Immediately loading my last save to start the epilogue I came across a problem. I then minimized and started going through your changelog and saw this:

Quote from: ToasterApocalypse on December 14, 2012, 04:23:36 PM
V4.2:
Removed a testing checkpoint at the very end (after the final boss.) It was never supposed to be there.

If I'm guessing correctly, this room is "Sacraficial Room". My problem is this is where my save takes me to, as the last version I played must have still had the checkpoint. The problem here is I'm trapped. If I try to go up, I run into a wallglitch to the bottom of a room from much, much earlier in the level ("BignumberssrebmungiB" - The room with the cube like enemies arranged to look like giant numbers moving across the screen), and I also can't backtrack either as a warp token is what brought me to the area.

Any insight into this, why the wall glitch is there, and if the situation is fixable for me?

Well, I made a setcheckpoint in the boss, the main problem is you have to do the level ALL. OVER. AGAIN.

R.I.P 3-4 hours of flushex's life

Flushex

Quote from: ToasterApocalypse on December 14, 2012, 07:22:09 PM
Uh oh Toast, I think I might be at a potential gamebreaking glitch (for me). Immediately loading my last save to start the epilogue I came across a problem. I then minimized and started going through your changelog and saw this:

V4.2:
Removed a testing checkpoint at the very end (after the final boss.) It was never supposed to be there.

If I'm guessing correctly, this room is "Sacraficial Room". My problem is this is where my save takes me to, as the last version I played must have still had the checkpoint. The problem here is I'm trapped. If I try to go up, I run into a wallglitch to the bottom of a room from much, much earlier in the level ("BignumberssrebmungiB" - The room with the cube like enemies arranged to look like giant numbers moving across the screen), and I also can't backtrack either as a warp token is what brought me to the area.

Any insight into this, why the wall glitch is there, and if the situation is fixable for me?

Well, I made a setcheckpoint in the boss, the main problem is you have to do the level ALL. OVER. AGAIN.

No no no no, you HAVE to be kidding me. There's no quick work around I can do? Even if it involves me editing in a warp token somewhere just to get me back to where I'm supposed to be?

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: Flushex on December 14, 2012, 07:25:11 PM
Quote from: ToasterApocalypse on December 14, 2012, 07:22:09 PM

V4.2:

No no no no, you HAVE to be kidding me. There's no quick work around I can do? Even if it involves me editing in a warp token somewhere just to get me back to where I'm supposed to be?

I played this through myself

playtime was 1 hour

/pro/

take it was a challenge to beat that ok oh and don't save at floating checkpoints in the future

FIQ

Flushex, upload your save and I'll see what I can do about it.

Shouldn't be too hard to fix manually, worst case scenario is that you'll have to re-run the boss.

Toaster: Earlier, I've only playtested your level w/invincibility on to hunt bugs. You know why? Because I found it WAY. TOO. HARD.

Sure, it's not Jaunt-hard, but it's too hard for me to enjoy.

A couple of rooms that I found could be solved w/o toning the difficulty down (but the frustration):
Spikes in Sight, is a room that I found pretty hard, mostly the tiny platform at the second part of the room. I died over and over for a while (2min) or so. Not too frustrating. However, the next room take you to a trap unless you head left immediately. Only the trap itself is something I don't like, but am fine with, if it weren't for the fact that the room earlier was a bit frustrating.

There is a room in Mark IV (I believe) which you have to tap your way through some spikes. This kind of challenge is something that I just find annoying -- because of VVVVVV's non-perfect controls which occasionally make Viridian walk too far, going into a spike.

The VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV room is interesting, and not too bad, but I don't like it being spikes below. It just makes stuff frustrating. At least expose the spikes, making people aware of them!

In general, most of the level so far is way harder than the maingame itself. This might throw people away from a level that could be a nice experience for them.

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: FIQ on December 14, 2012, 08:09:51 PM
There is a room in Mark IV

The marks only go to III. All 3 have spikes, but the only one where you have to dodge them is II. Do you mean that one?

Flushex

Toaster: Earlier, I've only playtested your level w/invincibility on to hunt bugs. You know why? Because I found it WAY. TOO. HARD.

Haha okay, you're joking, right? There is NO WAY the Jaunt is harder than Switchback, especially the newest version. Seriously, name one part of that short little map that's harder than that Titan boss fight. I feel like people are just messing with me now about the Jaunt.

Shouldn't be too hard to fix manually, worst case scenario is that you'll have to re-run the boss.

Awesome thanks! Here it is.

FIQ

Quote from: Flushex on December 14, 2012, 08:44:47 PM

Haha okay, you're joking, right? There is NO WAY the Jaunt is harder than Switchback, especially the newest version. Seriously, name one part of that short little map that's harder than that Titan boss fight. I feel like people are just messing with me now about the Jaunt.

Awesome thanks! Here it is.
I have only played the hard version of it. Also, I'm not there yet (@ titan boss) ;)

I'll see about your save.

FIQ

Flushex: I have good and bad news.

The good news is that I fixed your save. It was easy.
The bad news is that.. well... you can see for yourself.

Go into the turbo-looking background or whatever you want to call it.

Flushex

Quote from: FIQ on December 14, 2012, 09:02:25 PM
I have only played the hard version of it. Also, I'm not there yet (@ titan boss) ;)

Speaking of hard, I seem to recall 2 or 3 trinkets in the Dimension Tunnel in Back to VVVVVV that involved falling through like 6 rooms dodging through enemies as you go in an extremely narrow passage way. I think I died several hundred times on those trinkets alone before I succeeded, so we're all guilty of a little cruelty.

Quote from: FIQ on December 14, 2012, 09:24:56 PM

Uh oh... Okay I'll check it out, and thanks again.

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: Flushex on December 14, 2012, 09:27:46 PM

Speaking of hard, I seem to recall 2 or 3 trinkets in the Dimension Tunnel in Back to VVVVVV that involved falling through like 6 rooms dodging through enemies as you go in an extremely narrow passage way. I think I died several hundred times on those trinkets alone before I succeeded, so we're all guilty of a little cruelty.

Quote from: FIQ on December 14, 2012, 09:24:56 PM

Uh oh... Okay I'll check it out, and thanks again.

Bring a screenshot, I wanna see

FIQ

Quote from: Flushex on December 14, 2012, 09:27:46 PM

Basically Veni Vidi Vici, though the challenges seperately are easier. A friend of me who playtested the level before it ended up here told that he actually found the first trinket (which involved dodging spikes in a repeating pattern with them appear on different sides each room for 6 rooms) easy, the second one (involving enemies in various patterns) insanely hard (due to the room pictured below), the third one (which was little of both, but not in a too hard manner) in the middle :P

This, to be exact:

But yeah, I get your point. :)

Flushex

Yeah the first one I did get relatively quickly. Those second two were rough.

Anyway the bad news is I don't have enough trinkets right? So I have to restart anyway to get them before I can play the epilogue.

FIQ

Quote from: Flushex on December 14, 2012, 09:36:24 PM

Anyway the bad news is I don't have enough trinkets right? So I have to restart anyway to get them before I can play the epilogue.
Exactly :P

Dav999

Quote from: FIQ on December 14, 2012, 09:45:36 PM
Quote from: Flushex on December 14, 2012, 09:36:24 PM

Exactly :P

Can't you change that in the save file?

SomniRespiratory Flux

Hmm. I'll download and play this sometime soon. However, if Flushex didn't have enough trinkets to play the epilogue, then I assume you need all of them. And I missed more than he did. So unless the fixing of the save took some of them away, which I doubt is the case, I'll have to replay the level as well. No huge deal. The boss fight at the end, the Spike Cavern, and the Gravitrons are the only parts I particularly remember having trouble with (I really suck at Gravitrons :victoria:), and anything else was just mild repetition and frustration. Plus it would allow me to see any changes on parts of the level I had saved after passing (which was a good solid chunk of it). So I'm not too worried.

At least I know both of the trinkets I missed were added with Chapter Four or so. When only up until Chapter Three was finished, I had all the trinkets. So either more were added before the Gravicomplex or, more likely, I missed them in the last areas. So at least I can rest somewhat easily on that. :viridian:

EDIT: FIRST TO DOWNLOAD V5.2!  :P