Annoying bug!

Started by ., December 01, 2012, 02:36:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I am designing a player level. However, it appears that in one of the room in my level, the spikes do nothing like decorations. What should I do?

Dav999

If you have version 2.1, did you turn on direct mode in that room? (If you didn't know: direct mode lets you choose any wall/background/spike you want, so you can have multiple wall colors in one room.) Some spikes which you can choose in direct mode don't hurt for some reason.

If you have version 2.0, then I have no idea why it happens.

I did use that room for testing how Direct Mode works.
But I disable it once I find that it clears tiles the cursor passes through =.=
Moreover I didn't change all spikes. Why would it happen, then? :victoria:

FIQ

Quote from: nicholashin on December 01, 2012, 11:49:18 AM
I did use that room for testing how Direct Mode works.
Most (not all) spikes that also have a background in it works like background instead of a spike.

Dav999

That happens when you press ctrl+click. Right-click to disable that.

What happens if you overwrite the existing spikes with new spikes (just draw spikes on top of them)?

Nothing. It's still not working... :'(
Moreover, it's the only thing left now as I've completed the design :(

FIQ

Quote from: nicholashin on December 02, 2012, 08:35:35 AM
Nothing. It's still not working... :'(
Moreover, it's the only thing left now as I've completed the design :(
Submit the level, and tell the room that has issues and what we can do to fix it (reset the room, fix specific tiles, etc).

Dav999

Wait, turn direct mode on again in that room, and click on one of the spikes which isn't working with the center mouse button. Which number is displayed in the top left corner (after Tile:)?

Upwards:8
Downwards:9
Left: 50
Right: 49

Anyways, I will attach the level here. The problematic room is (2,1).
The game still needs fine tuning, so you don't have to play it now :)

avengah

It's the conveyor in the top left corner. I don't know why, it just is. I tried removing random things, and I started with the corners. So for some reason, it's disabling the spikes in the room. Also, don't use a moving platform in the top left corner either; it both disables the spikes and moves right a few squares instantly! They're the only two things I found that disable spikes, though - you'll probably have to change it so the top left tile is a wall tile or something.

Quote from: avengah on December 06, 2012, 03:29:12 AM
It's the conveyor in the top left corner. I don't know why, it just is. I tried removing random things, and I started with the corners. So for some reason, it's disabling the spikes in the room. Also, don't use a moving platform in the top left corner either; it both disables the spikes and moves right a few squares instantly! They're the only two things I found that disable spikes, though - you'll probably have to change it so the top left tile is a wall tile or something.
Enemies are unaffected though, so is walls, disappearing/moving platforms....
Too bad it disables terminal/script boxes from working - I could have make a no going back mechanism :(

blue626

Quote from: avengah on December 06, 2012, 03:29:12 AM
It's the conveyor in the top left corner.

I already thought about that since this thread was created. I just forgot to say it.
How did I already think about it? That was mentioned before.

Quote from: nicholashin on December 13, 2012, 08:49:50 AM
Too bad it disables terminal/script boxes from working - I could have make a no going back mechanism :(

You can make a no-going-back mechanism without scripts. Remember, Viridian can't jump.
Are you saying that Direct Mode disables script boxes from working? ???

Hilbert

Quote from: blue626 on December 14, 2012, 04:45:42 PM
You can make a no-going-back mechanism without scripts. Remember, Viridian can't jump.
???

Dav999

Hilbert