VVVVVV is a game (Y/N)?

Started by Pyrite, December 01, 2012, 04:27:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dav999

Quote from: JPlus on December 04, 2012, 07:37:28 PM
Why not reopen General Discussion and make a board for forum games? I recall this happening to Rooster Teeth and that they did, and it worked.

I can't see why it would not work.

Oh wait, I have an idea. How about a child board in General Discussion?

All forum games are placed in a special child board of General Discussion! People can decide for themselves whether they want to view the forum games and random threads or not.

Terry

So let me get this straight - you guys think the solution to this is to create a special forum just for nonsense?

To hell with that. Go play forum games somewhere else.

Dav999

Quote from: Terry on December 04, 2012, 09:44:36 PM
So let me get this straight - you guys think the solution to this is to create a special forum just for nonsense?

To hell with that. Go play forum games somewhere else.

In that case, the only option is to lock all forum games and randomness. I wouldn't mind, I wasn't planning on making more forum games or posting in one after this (I was only trying to give suggestions which would make everyone happy). Anyway, the forum has been perfectly fine when there were no forum games, and I think it can just be reverted to what it was like a few months back, when there were no forum games. The random threads will only make the forum look more childish anyway.

FIQ

Indeed.

IMO the forum has generally been more childish lately -- apart from forum games, threads has a tendency to get very off topic (if you want an example: this thread!), quote pyramids, etc.

JPlus

Hilbert

Toaster Apocalypse used to be more serious. It started after Kirby1000 came on. At first he was more serious, then he got a rivalry with toaster after he changed his name to Protoman, and then everything went downhill.

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: RoskillaHULK!! on December 05, 2012, 12:45:58 PM
Toaster Apocalypse used to be more serious. It started after Kirby1000 came on. At first he was more serious, then he got a rivalry with toaster after he changed his name to Protoman, and then everything went downhill.

THERE'S NO SPACE IN MY USERNAME >:D

allison

Quote from: ToasterApocalypse on December 05, 2012, 12:57:44 PM

Hey, wait a moment... Did you read this:

Quote from: FIQ on December 04, 2012, 11:27:16 PM
IMO the forum has generally been more childish lately -- apart from forum games, threads has a tendency to get very off topic (if you want an example: this thread!), quote pyramids, etc.

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: crazyal02 on December 05, 2012, 03:14:06 PM
Quote from: ToasterApocalypse on December 05, 2012, 12:57:44 PM

Hey, wait a moment... Did you read this:

Several times.

blue626

I don't mind if Terry locks the forum games' threads. This forum was already great. In fact, I expected him to do that as soon as he knew that the threads were there, as he locked the first forum game that appeared here 1 day (less?) after it was created (and erased 2 hours after it was locked). That's why I wrote this:

Quote from: blue626I'm amazed this hasn't been locked yet!

...inside an abbr.
If the threads are really going to be locked, then I suggest erasing them. Why? That would also affect the post counts, making them more fair, I think. All the posts in a forum game are useless, right? It's not important to let people read the posts in the forum games right? Anyone agreeing?
After that, unlock General Discussion, move this thread there and rename it to this post's title (after the "Re:"), for example.

True. And I hate "off-topicness". (But I believe that started before Kirby1000 registered... but it stayed and raised with Kirby (and Toaster...)).

Manofperson is less serious now too! (Also, I believe that Toaster was even more serious before the end of July 2011...)
(2 new posts while I was writing this, and I didn't change anything besides this!).

FIQ

Noone cares about postcount. At least that's how it should be. Locking is enough.

blue626

Locking is fine. :)
(Still, I only know that one person disagrees with my post).

Quote from: RoskillaHULK!! on December 03, 2012, 09:01:07 PM
(and please ban Protoman )

I dislike him too, but I think he shouldn't be banned. What did he do, besides creating some forum games and getting off-topic for a while in some threads? I doubt that's enough to make him deserve being banned.

Dav999

Quote from: FIQ on December 05, 2012, 04:29:27 PM
Locking is enough.

I agree with that. If those threads need to get out of sight, they will become buried in newer posts anyway because they can't get bumped, so there's no need to delete.

Quote from: RoskillaHULK!! on December 03, 2012, 09:01:07 PM
(and please ban Protoman )

Why would you ban someone without a reason?

Flushex