Am I the only one who found VVVVVV via. 3DS?

Started by A quite MEDICal Derpfish, December 28, 2012, 10:51:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A quite MEDICal Derpfish

RibShark

No, I did too. Then I realised what a huge ripoff it was and bought the PC version as well.

blue626

I saw other people saying that they bought the 3DS version, and then bought the computer version because it had (and has) a level editor.

UberHacker

I did too, actually. I had just been getting into indie games. I'd heard a lot about VVVVVV, so I purchased it. Now I'm waiting for it to come out for my Android.  :viridian:

Dav999

I didn't, I actually have the computer version since mid-2011, and I only bought the 3DS version yesterday (also I recently got my 3DS).

Still, I can imagine that a lot of people first discover the 3DS version, it's in the image of a section on the main page of the eShop (can someone give the English name, 'unmissable games', I guess? I tried setting my 3DS to English to find out, but the eShop is still Dutch, so I only know the Dutch name of that category. :-\)

A quite MEDICal Derpfish

Dav999

Quote from: Derpfish on December 29, 2012, 10:19:08 PM
@Dav

Must-Haves i believe.

This one:

Unless someone knows how to make a screenshot on a 3DS?

Anyway, 'niet te missen titels' translates as 'unmissable titles', so I don't know if it's 'must-haves'...

Hilbert

I found out from Nintendo Power and Nintendo Week, and I was like "Whatev". Then, I got enough funds and I was like "Oh, what the heck, I'll give it a try". And I loved it. Then I found out about the PC version, I bought it, looked at the site, found level editing tutorials, then lurked. A few months later, I joined. :viridian: So yeah, it was the 3DS. Mine's broken now, so I mainly use PC now, though.

N

blue626

Counting the people that found VVVVVV via 3DS...
Counting the people that found VVVVVV via computer...
Maybe there are more people here that found it via 3DS than the ones that found it via computer!
I found it via computer, but via the App Store, which has version 1.2.

FIQ

Found it by HIB, though I was unable to buy it then. After half a year, a friend gifted me the game. As I thought it was awesome, I "donated" by buying the kongregate version (which also enabled me to play it w/o downloading stuff).

allison

Bought it on the computer to see what all the fuss was about. Turned out to be a great game.

JPlus

I found it out from a guy called Cloud8745 on Youtube who strongly recommended it and did some videos on it.

Chillius

Quote from: blue626 on December 29, 2012, 02:39:51 PM
I saw other people saying that they bought the 3DS version, and then bought the computer version because it had (and has) a level editor.
i bought the PC version first.
it was cheaper.

seaking177

if i remember correctly i got it for 0.00 from the HIB back when you could do that, then i got it for the 3DS and made quite a few glitch videos on it.