My level: Fragments v0.2

Started by ., January 04, 2013, 01:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

So I finally designed a new level. I integrated ideas from levels I made before to make a 10x12 level.
It's fairly large, although quite some space is occupied by the warp zone.
The level includes a "ship", a crowded "Outer Space", uncreative Platform Zone, Inversion Zone, a large Warp Zone (Maze), Conveyor Zone (like a easier Conveyor Vun), Warp Token Zone (guess what it does?) and a final, quite difficult zone.
I have a feel that sometimes I make rooms too hard. Please tell me if some rooms are too difficult.
There's a little bit of story in the level too, although my main focus is gameplay.
Thank you! I will update this for balance (usually nerfing) :)

EDIT: v0.2 release! I just attach the new version :D

EDIT 2: I'm removing all my levels after receiving confirmation that I'm a poor level maker. Some sections of this are clearly not properly playtested. If you really want to go through such a mess, I still have them backed up and I would reply to you maybe 20 years later.

blue626

My beta do you mean that you didn't build the whole level yet or do you mean that it may still have bugs and rooms that are too hard/easy?
If it's the 1st case, then I'll wait until you finish it. If it's the 2nd, then... I'm not sure if I'll play it since I have other levels to play.

Quote from: blue626 on January 07, 2013, 08:35:24 PM
My beta do you mean that you didn't build the whole level yet or do you mean that it may still have bugs and rooms that are too hard/easy?
If it's the 1st case, then I'll wait until you finish it. If it's the 2nd, then... I'm not sure if I'll play it since I have other levels to play.

I'm just worried that some rooms may be too hard. The construction of the level is complete.  :viridian:
You don't have to rush to play this, really, it can be played as you like.
But, maybe I should change it to something like v0.0 instead?

v0.0 release! New version attached in the first post  :viridian:
Please give me some comments so that I can adjust it  :vitellary:

Flushex

What little of the level I've played I like. Unfortunately right now I'm stuck here:

I've collected three trinkets, and the grav line barrier is still there. I am unable to backtrack to the previous room due to the way the room is set up, and therefore I can't reactivate the terminal. I could be missing something, but I think this might need a tweak.

Also, the problem with not having room names in a level is it makes it very hard to point how mistakes/advice/things we like here on the forums without creating screenshots. I've noticed a couple of small things that would be easier to point out if I had a room name to reference it too.

So far, I like the design though. I might restart and try one of the other pathways and see how far I can get from there.

Oh I missed this. I have updated the attachment and you should be able to backtrack now :D

EDIT: I changed some parts to make things look better :)