Dimensional Derping (sorry, I had to)

Started by Fussmatte, February 10, 2013, 12:09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fussmatte

I am working on a level, called Dimensional Derping. It'll have humorous dialogue and whatnot. You can download the demo below.

The demo version DOES include internal scripting at the end (musicfadeout and gotoroom) but the full version will only have regular scripting.  :)

Screenshots:

FIQ

Quote from: Doormat on February 10, 2013, 12:09:01 AM
I am working on a level, called Dimensional Derping. It'll have humorous dialog and whatnot. But, before I finish and release the demo, I need to ask something.

In The Fantastic Glitchy No-Flipping Zone, while standing on one-way tiles (yay for unused content!), Viridian will be stuck in the above pose, and is unable to flip. (Hence, the room's name.  :D ) The question: is it considered bad level design to use this glitch as a part of this room? If it is, I'll rework the room. When my question is answered, I'll finish and upload the demo. Thanks in advance.  :)
The one-way tiles has a glitch in that you'll eventually sink into it. Just saying.

Fussmatte

Well, then I guess I'll have to rework the room. I don't want any collision errors :/ Thanks, FIQ!

Fussmatte

SomniRespiratory Flux

15 Deaths
1 :shiny:
4:30 (roughly)

Overall, not bad. Kinda weird, but that's not even remotely an insult. The only part that gave me particular trouble was Primitive Security (because primitive doesn't mean ineffective). Other spots that killed me were Fallalalala (lala la la :P ) once and the whole collapsing-platform run, which I'd say got me about five or six times, so not much more than usual. The rest was just that one room. Of course, I'm just estimating. The surreal humor of the whole meta-rant early on and the odd banana-peel room (what IS it with weird levels and bananas here, anyway?) were somewhat off from the rest of the level, but that doesn't mean much to me. I'm like that all the time. :vermillion: Overall, not a bad start. Not too groundbreaking or distinctive, but certainly playable. I'm interested in what else you can do with this one.

Fussmatte

Haha, thanks for the feedback. I'm obviously going to have to come up with a (stupidly weird) storyline for my level, of course. I think I'll center it around Vermillion eating Cream of Wheat and causing the ship to go cuckoo :P

SomniRespiratory Flux

Random. I like it? I dunno. Again, I'm honestly not sure what to say about this level. It is what it is.

TAUTOLOGY MAN, AWAY! :vermillion:

Fussmatte

Fussmatte

BUMPDATE (hah):
The Space Station and Laboratory levels are complete, and I'm working on the Warp Zone next. Basically, this is how the map will work:
There will be a overworld hub thing, connected to the different 'levels'. In order to get to the _ level, collect _ amount of trinkets/complete the _ level. And this way works with my plans! For example, say I rescued Violet and then could get to the next level - in this way I can have a dialogue with Violet speaking in the next level, and there's no way I can see the dialogue while Violet's not yet rescued because Violet must be rescued in order for me to be in the level with the dialogue with Violet speaking in it... Well, you get the idea.  :D

I hope to get out the first version soon! (and by soon I mean in 2 weeks  ::) )