Let's Make Our Own Version Of VVVVVV Levels E.G:Warp Zone 2. The Space Station 3

Started by Chillius, March 26, 2013, 08:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N

Fussmatte

N

Pyrite

Quote from: Rainbow Dash on April 02, 2013, 12:26:33 AM
Quote from: Protoman on April 02, 2013, 12:24:37 AM
Rainbow Dash? What are you doing here?!
I had nothing better to do soooo :P
dammit doormat now you're giving me the impulse to respond to every post with people who changed their name
also i only changed my name for april fools so  :P
+ this reminds me of when it was a long time ago, when PJ was around and I was the only one posting and I used to fill up the VVVVVV levels forum with only my posts  :P

Chillius

Fussmatte

Dav999

Quote from: Doormat on April 02, 2013, 09:10:55 PM
Make The Tower 2.

That's possible, but you have to make separate rooms for every single tile the tower moves. So you really have a lot of work to do if you want to make the tower (and you can't really make checkpoints or trinkets). And I think everything would move blocky (is that a word?)

Fussmatte

Doing that would be too much trouble than it's worth
Also, I even tried that before, but it just spat out internal scripting in the second room instead of executing it
Ok, tried it again and now it does work?

Chillius

Quote from: Doormat on April 02, 2013, 09:25:22 PM
Doing that would be too much trouble than it's worth
Also, I even tried that before, but it just spat out internal scripting in the second room instead of executing it
Ok, tried it again and now it does work?

play VVVVVV 2 oh wait. it's long gone!

FIQ

Quote from: Dav999 on April 02, 2013, 09:20:32 PM
Make The Tower 2.

That's possible, but you have to make separate rooms for every single tile the tower moves. So you really have a lot of work to do if you want to make the tower (and you can't really make checkpoints or trinkets). And I think everything would move blocky (is that a word?)
It's not even possible in practice as there's a limit on the amount of rooms and scripts you can have...

Dav999

Quote from: FIQ on April 07, 2013, 08:21:35 PM
Quote from: Dav999 on April 02, 2013, 09:20:32 PM
Make The Tower 2.

It's not even possible in practice as there's a limit on the amount of rooms you can have...

Isn't that a little bit contradictory with this?

Quote from: FIQ on October 19, 2012, 10:01:22 PM
Remember that the amount of rooms possible in the editor is infinite. By avoiding certain rooms that leads to segfault, you can make a working level utilizing more than 400 rooms.

Oh, and disabling the map.

And you could just make a small tower...

ToasterApocalypse

On topic: I started a SS3 like months ago. I might finish that since tOLP is going slow.

Chillius

Here's the map for it

EDIT:stupid fucking square O0

N

Samario

Quote from: FIQ on October 19, 2012, 10:01:22 PM
Remember that the amount of rooms possible in the editor is infinite. By avoiding certain rooms that leads to segfault, you can make a working level utilizing more than 400 rooms.

DAMNIT! I thought I was original by editing a map to be 20x21 here!

EDIT: N, a bump is a month or more, not FOUR DAYS.

EDIT V: Well, that works in theory, but not in practise. Even if you DO find a room which doesn't crash, you can only work in columns.