VVVVVV Lost Level

Started by N, April 01, 2013, 09:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N

So guys, there is apparently a lost level in VVVVVV. If you collect all 20 Trinkets in No Death Mode and have gotten a V rank on every Time Trial, then pressing R on the Game Clear screen, you get here in the games ending. So, what happens is that when Viridian gets teleported, he is teleported to a new area that uses The Warp Zone's tileset with a red pallete. Afterwords, he says "W-W-Where am I?" Then, Predestined Fate begins playing. There are 2 paths: an easy path and a hard path. The easy path is only 5 rooms long and generally uses moving platforms and dissapearing platforms. On the 5th room, there is a boss, something that this game has never done before. To beat it, you need to flip throughout the room a couple of times and press both switches when they appear. When you do this 5 times, the boss explodes, destroying the room. In the hard path, every gimmick that you can imagine in VVVVVV appears. Conveyors, moving platforms, dissapearing platforms, flip lines, etc. It is 12 rooms. The 6th bizzarely uses grey colors. The 12th room has you find Verdigris, who runs off for some reason. When you catch up to him, he is falling through the dimension. You are then given the option to do something you shouldn't be able to: Either let him fall, or save him. Let him fall, and Viridian just randomly dies, then the game acts as if you died in No Death Mode. If you save him, you get a happier ending where they manage to prevent Dimension VVVVVV from getting destroyed and they manage to get home. You then unlock the flashing colors from the final level as a feature in the Level Editor. You also unlock the boss and the title screen changes.

I have a video of doing this completely, and showing off the features you get: Click Here

EDIT: 700th post! I now have as many posts as PJBottomz.

APRIL FOOLS

A quite MEDICal Derpfish

Quote from: Red on April 01, 2013, 09:09:38 PM
So guys, there is apparently a lost level in VVVVVV. If you collect all 20 Trinkets in No Death Mode and have gotten a V rank on every Time Trial, then pressing R on the Game Clear screen, you get here in the games ending. So, what happens is that when Viridian gets teleported, he is teleported to a new area that uses The Warp Zone's tileset with a red pallete. Afterwords, he says "W-W-Where am I?" Then, Predestined Fate begins playing. There are 2 paths: an easy path and a hard path. The easy path is only 5 rooms long and generally uses moving platforms and dissapearing platforms. On the 5th room, there is a boss, something that this game has never done before. To beat it, you need to flip throughout the room a couple of times and press both switches when they appear. When you do this 5 times, the boss explodes, destroying the room. In the hard path, every gimmick that you can imagine in VVVVVV appears. Conveyors, moving platforms, dissapearing platforms, flip lines, etc. It is 12 rooms. The 6th bizzarely uses grey colors. The 12th room has you find Verdigris, who runs off for some reason. When you catch up to him, he is falling through the dimension. You are then given the option to do something you shouldn't be able to: Either let him fall, or save him. Let him fall, and Viridian just randomly dies, then the game acts as if you died in No Death Mode. If you save him, you get a happier ending where they manage to prevent Dimension VVVVVV from getting destroyed and they manage to get home. You then unlock the flashing colors from the final level as a feature in the Level Editor. You also unlock the boss and the title screen changes.

I have a video of doing this completely, and showing off the features you get: Click Here

APRIL FOOLS

Dude, don't kill that THE RIDE NEVER ENDS joke.

Just don't.

N

Quote from: Derpfish on April 01, 2013, 10:11:36 PM

APRIL FOOLS

Just don't.
I wasn't killing it. Also, why'd you just quote the whole post instead of just quoting that one part

A quite MEDICal Derpfish

Quote from: Red on April 01, 2013, 10:25:33 PM

APRIL FOOLS

Just don't.
I wasn't killing it. Also, why'd you just quote the whole post instead of just quoting that one part

Because I'm too lazy!  ;D

N

Quote from: Derpfish on April 01, 2013, 10:27:46 PM
Quote from: Red on April 01, 2013, 10:25:33 PM

APRIL FOOLS

Just don't.

Because I'm too lazy!  ;D
Let's get back to the thread