Accessing the time trials

Started by Timmaah!, January 26, 2010, 01:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timmaah!

Hey everybody,

This is probably going to sound like a VVVVVVeally dense question, and I can see myself being very red-faced when someone gives me a simple answer :-[, but having now finished the game with all 20 trinkets (phew!) and made it into the secret lab (and sucked on the Super Gravitron), I figure I'd like to have a go at some of these much lauded time trials :viridian:

Only question is, how do I start them? I've gone round all the menus about 20 times now - the in-game pause menus, as well as the title menus - and the only reference to time trials I can find is an option to unlock them (and they are all greyed out :verdigris:). Did I miss something in the game? :victoria:

SoulEye

Grey means it's unlocked.

Go to Play -> Play modes -> Time Trials, and you'll be competing with the fastest in no-time! :)

Timmaah!

Thanks, but when I press Play the game just starts. I don't have another menu after that :victoria:

Terry

Oh, that's because you don't have a save... If you don't have a save game, pressing "play" just brings you right into the game. If you make a quick save right at the start you'll be able to get to the play mode menu.

Hmm. I should change that.

Timmaah!

Brilliant - that did the trick. Thank you!

I think I deleted my save when I started mucking around with different accessibility modes after I'd finished the game. Good to know I don't have to play all the way through again to get to the time trials and other fun things ;D

hooray

I am also having trouble accessing time trials - I have completed the game with all 20 trinkets and got to the secret lab, but when I am in the time trial menu it says that I still need to rescue people and collect trinkets to unlock the last 3 time trials. :victoria:

Terry

Quote from: hooray on January 30, 2010, 06:07:23 PM
I am also having trouble accessing time trials - I have completed the game with all 20 trinkets and got to the secret lab, but when I am in the time trial menu it says that I still need to rescue people and collect trinkets to unlock the last 3 time trials. :victoria:

Very weird... :verdigris: I'll try and replicate this myself, that's an odd one.