What is the best shipping/couple to you?

Started by A quite MEDICal Derpfish, April 09, 2013, 12:03:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHIGGY DIGGY DOO DAA?

WAZADJAWOdfaWFJ
Bweh c:
there is no more soda
want some free hats

Epsilon

Fussmatte

UberHacker

Quote from: Whirligig on April 09, 2013, 12:44:48 AM
Quote from: Doormat on April 09, 2013, 12:24:55 AM
Quote from: Kayyahim/her/it/Viridian
Actually, if you pay attention to Vermilion's dialogue, at one point he calls Viridian "Sir". PROOF

"Don't worry, Sir! We'll find a way out of here!"

—Vermilion

So Viridian is a guy. Or Vermilion doesn't know how to address her properly. One of the two.

Actually, according to the now-defunct VVVVVV Q&A Tumblr, their current attitude changed their gender. So maybe he WAS male, but just at that moment.

P.S. I have a browser extension that changes all instances of "Vermillion" (two L's) to "Vermilion" (one L). :vermillion:

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Quote from: Vermilion on April 09, 2013, 12:50:04 AM
Quote from: Doormat on April 09, 2013, 12:39:48 AM
I only type Kayya when I'm too lazy to hit the quote button
ON-TOPIC:
:violet: x :victoria:
are you puking yet

Not the first time i've seen it.

*hurls in corner*

Fussmatte

Quote from: UberHacker on April 09, 2013, 12:54:24 AM
P.S. I have a browser extension that changes all instances of "Vermillion" (two L's) to "Vermilion" (one L). :vermillion:
Me too. It's called Ponify :D

UberHacker

Quote from: Doormat on April 09, 2013, 12:56:01 AM
Quote from: UberHacker on April 09, 2013, 12:54:24 AM
Me too. It's called Ponify :D

I've actually taken it to the source and parse the browser data using a "man-in-the-middle" server that does the work... so maybe not a browser "extension", per se, but you get the point.  :viridian:

A quite MEDICal Derpfish

since we're talking about weird ships

:verdigris::viridian::vitellary:

N

A quite MEDICal Derpfish

Fussmatte

Epsilon

Quote from: Doormat on April 09, 2013, 03:35:18 AM

I think it works better this way.
Because to me, Violets age is closer to Vermilion's than Victoria's is. Violet could take a face like that in a situation like this but Victoria would probably back away. Until she either bumped into something or feels that she's going to fall off of a platform.

A quite MEDICal Derpfish

Quote from: Doormat on April 09, 2013, 03:35:18 AM

Meanwhile, Verdigris is confused by all the eyebrow movements.

Edit: also is anyone getting the illusion that they're staring at you

oh no indeed

blue626

Quote from: Whirligig on April 09, 2013, 12:44:48 AM
Quote from: Doormat on April 09, 2013, 12:24:55 AM
Quote from: Kayyahim/her/it/Viridian
Actually, if you pay attention to Vermilion's dialogue, at one point he calls Viridian "Sir". PROOF

"Don't worry, Sir! We'll find a way out of here!"

—Vermilion

So Viridian is a guy. Or Vermilion doesn't know how to address her properly. One of the two.

Or, even more likely, that was a mistake from Terry:

Quote from: Terry on April 05, 2010, 05:11:36 PM
Quote from: James on April 04, 2010, 10:04:33 PM
1. Is Viridian male? All the other characters are referred to as "he" or "she" in the dialog, but I can't find any explicit reference to Viridian's gender. When Verdigris confesses to Viridian that he like Violet he does it in a way that to me implies they are both male, but this the best indication I can see.

Actually, I deliberately didn't specify that anywhere in the game. :viridian:

Well, there's also the chance that he lied to see if anyone would notice that, but it was most likely a mistake.
How didn't anyone noticed that before? That was 3 years and nearly 3 months after the game was released! :o

Back on-topic, Terry once said that the "couples" in the game were the opposite colors.

Quote from: Terry on September 29, 2011, 05:24:06 PM
Quote from: PJBottomz on September 29, 2011, 02:02:13 PM
Quote from: Dispensers Heal on September 29, 2011, 09:53:24 AM
Problem, PJBottomz?

YES. Victoria is my favorite character, and I won't have you pairing her with anyone except for Vitellary.

They were meant to be.

It's interesting that people don't pick up on this more, actually - the idea is that the complimentary colours are a little "closer" to each other, which is very obvious in the case of :verdigris: and :violet:, a little less obvious in the case of  :viridian: and :vermillion:, but perhaps it's entirely too subtle in the case of :vitellary: and :victoria:. :vitellary: and :victoria: actually have a great deal of mutual respect and admiration for each other.

That includes :viridian: x :vermillion:. If Viridian really is male, then it's obviously not a real couple... maybe they were best friends?
My favorite? For some reason, :victoria: x :vitellary:.

Fussmatte

SEE! I TOLD YOU IT WAS  :victoria: x :vitellary: !
Even though  :victoria: x :vermillion: IS cuter... :D

A quite MEDICal Derpfish

Quote from: Doormat on April 09, 2013, 10:57:00 PM
SEE! I TOLD YOU IT WAS  :victoria: x :vitellary: !
Even though  :victoria: x :vermillion: IS cuter... :D

BUT IS HAS TO BE  :victoria::vermillion:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*in which the universe proceeds to collapse*

A quite MEDICal Derpfish

we should try to make a shipping where the villis are the same color, and see how good it is (OCs accepted, use me and you perish (i'm orange though))