VVVV - 4k demake of VVVVVV

Started by Terry, January 28, 2010, 12:47:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry

This is so cool. :viridian:

VVVV is a 4k demake of VVVVVV by minecraft creator Notch. Can't believe he managed to do so much with just 4k!

SoulEye

Fun stuff indeed. I recognize a lot of the rooms, like driller etc... even a little DTTHW thrown in there :)

Loved the ending screen, and the music was GREAT!

joniho

This version of DTTHW made me rage, because the guy was in the middle instead of on the right. If Terry had put the token on the little block, I think he'd be getting a lot more death threats (than he's already getting).  :violet:

Riiick

The is indeed awesome and cool. I can't quite believe he did this in 4K! Pretty tricky to track every last crewmate down, I didn't realise "m" gave you a map until I was trying to find the last one  - oops.

Shasharala

Wow. =o
It's kinda complex and hard.
Maybe it's just cause I'm not use to the reaction time in this game compared to VVVVVV.

StephenM3

Grr.  I want to do this, but for some reason in-browser java shit hasn't worked for me for the last couple months.  Niether Java's support site, nor Apple's, is any help at all.

Can anybody with Macintosh and/or Java know-how help me figure this out?  All of a sudden the issue feels urgent.  ;)

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/7793/picture4wb.png

The Brass

Getting to the thx room was kinda difficult... also, I can't hear any sounds.

SoulEye

Oh, right... Maybe I should have mentioned that I had Winamp on during play... ;P But that music.... Oh man! :P

dinx2582

Grrrrrrr... stupid 64bit linux java.  I guess I'll have to check it out when I get home from work  :violet:

nathanel

Quote from: SoulEye on January 28, 2010, 01:29:06 PM
Oh, right... Maybe I should have mentioned that I had Winamp on during play... ;P But that music.... Oh man! :P

LOL you're not joking, right? And I thought I had no sound because of my shitty laptop/OS :D

SoulEye

StephenM3

Finally got a chance to play this.  Really cool!

QuoteOh no! Captain Viridian has been split into six lifeless clones and scattered across dimension VVVV! Chief Verdigris must venture out into this dangerous world to save him, braving crazy spiky traps, even smaller resolutions, and a complete lack of any engineering-related challenges! Will he overcome the "Doing things the hard way" homage? Will he get lost in a world where screen wraps occur without warning? Will he go utterly insane after the hardest of rooms leads only to a message to Terry? And most importantly, will Doctor Violet be impressed? Find out all this, but not really, in...

VVVV

allen

too bad there werent any room names. would have taken up too much space i guess?

also, impressive no death run

Shasharala