Roomventure (Hard)

Started by TheJonyMyster, April 23, 2013, 11:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJonyMyster

I made this one a long time ago, back when I first got VVVVVV, therefore it sucks. But, I was cool so I made it playable. I had no idea how to script, so there's none. I did edit one terminal so that it worked and then I swapped Vermilion's/Violet's saving orders, but that's it. Enjoy it if you can!
:viridian:

Pssst...
There's nothing in room 1, 5 ;)

ToasterApocalypse

okay this is off topic but I've wanted to say this a while
your profle is portal + braid
not vvvvvv+braid

TheJonyMyster

Quote from: ToasterApocalypse on April 26, 2013, 11:36:58 AM
okay this is off topic but I've wanted to say this a while
your profle is portal + braid
not vvvvvv+braid

The little text below is a separate idea. Should I add Portal to the text?
Also, is the map any good?

OK, Again with the zig zag? probably shows all the problems the level have.
1. Floating spikes
2. Overly Pixel perfect challenge
3. Floating Checkpoint
4. Misaligned warp tokens
5. Killing player after getting trinkets
6. Inconsistent walls in rooms with warp direction
7. Single-tile walls

Other room specific things:

IWBTG: Stupid design. Since the platforms separates and go into their respective rhythms quickly, the only thing I could do is randomly pressing the keyboard...
Good luck with that.: It uses both warp direction and warp lines, neutering the warp direction....
But not this one: Checkpoint stacking causes the game to flicker between two checkpoints -.-
Mirror rroriM: This is like a buffed version of one of the hardest trinket in Back to VVVVVV.....
Prescision --> Precision
The end of world 1 to the beginning of world 2: I like the design of the former room, but unfortunately will get you to wall if you go to right just at the gravity line height.
Many rooms: Use walls instead of spikes to avoid people from entering places!
ENIMIES!?! HERE?!? HOW!?!: You can't go to the next room, rendering the level unbeatable.
More moving platforms: The terminal doesn't work.

Overall, this is not a very good level, due to the abundance of bugs and glitches in the level.

TheJonyMyster

Quote from: nicholashin on April 27, 2013, 06:09:53 AM
OK, Again with the zig zag? probably shows all the problems the level have.
1. Floating spikes
2. Overly Pixel perfect challenge
3. Floating Checkpoint
4. Misaligned warp tokens
5. Killing player after getting trinkets
6. Inconsistent walls in rooms with warp direction
7. Single-tile walls

Other room specific things:

IWBTG: Stupid design. Since the platforms separates and go into their respective rhythms quickly, the only thing I could do is randomly pressing the keyboard...
Good luck with that.: It uses both warp direction and warp lines, neutering the warp direction....
But not this one: Checkpoint stacking causes the game to flicker between two checkpoints -.-
Mirror rroriM: This is like a buffed version of one of the hardest trinket in Back to VVVVVV.....
Prescision --> Precision
The end of world 1 to the beginning of world 2: I like the design of the former room, but unfortunately will get you to wall if you go to right just at the gravity line height.
Many rooms: Use walls instead of spikes to avoid people from entering places!
ENIMIES!?! HERE?!? HOW!?!: You can't go to the next room, rendering the level unbeatable.
More moving platforms: The terminal doesn't work.

Overall, this is not a very good level, due to the abundance of bugs and glitches in the level.

Thank you. But I actually HAVE beaten the level.
Also, remember that this is very old. I'll reupload the updated version.
Thanks again.

Yeah I think I sound way too harsh in the last post.
Yet, I still don't know how to beat ENIMIES!?! HERE?!? HOW!?!. The gravity line walls me from going to the room above....I can't really go upward.
I hope you'll be able to polish it and make the level better :viridian:

TheJonyMyster

Quote from: nicholashin on April 28, 2013, 06:10:56 AM
Yeah I think I sound way too harsh in the last post.
Yet, I still don't know how to beat ENIMIES!?! HERE?!? HOW!?!. The gravity line walls me from going to the room above....I can't really go upward.
I hope you'll be able to polish it and make the level better :viridian:

I guess that's because I used the test one room at a time method, then added that line by mistake. In that room, it's really hard to get past anyway. But not impossible.