Dimension Open/The Open Level Project v1.1

Started by ToasterApocalypse, May 03, 2013, 03:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which level of mine would you like to see after tOLP?

Mission Polar
13 (27.1%)
Rainbow Factory
11 (22.9%)
tOLP 2 (Don't vote for this, I need to get the other two done :victoria: )
24 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Rioshoa

Thanks.  I really thought there would be some sort of indication that I finished.  Was just confused

allison

I can confirm that development on tOLP2 has started. :viridian:

weee50

Here's a VVVVVV-style map of the level in flip mode :)

(Key not uploaded yet)

blue626

I've completed the level with 14/17 trinkets and somehow saw the ending with v.1.0.1. However, I needed to update to 1.1.2 to get back to the dimension because TB wasn't working. I visited the Lab, Warp Zone, the prison and the Space Station without finding any trinkets... not to mention finding various glitches! In all areas I visited besides the Lab, I saw the crewamtes again, not to mention a dialog repetition at the end of the Warp Zone, or cutsene bars if you enter from the end. Will this be fixed?
After that, I went to the Emerald zone. Valso was stilll there, and when the terminal was activated, it happened as if it was the first time I activated it. Result: I was teleported to 14,1. I completed that area, going to the Polar Dimension again. Being sick of repeating areas, I gave up.
Final Results: Time: ≈4h30min. Deaths: nearly 2000. Trinkets: 14/17.

Rating:
Originality: 10/10 :vitellary:
Difficulty Balance: 7/10 :verdigris: Note: You get a high rating for having medium difficulty and a low score for being too hard/easy.
Story/Roomnames: 9/10 :viridian:
Visual Design: 8/10 :viridian:
Glitch Amount: 7/10 :verdigris:
Level structure: 8/10 :viridian:
Total rating: 17 :shiny: /20

This got the same result as "Dimension Funland" by Flushex due to being original. I still think "Dimension 333333" by Sendy is better...

Lord Ghetsis

Quote from: Dav999 on July 10, 2013, 09:40:22 PM
Quote from: Lord Ghetsis on July 10, 2013, 03:53:21 PM
How do you override the warp backgrounds?

I think having warplines does the trick. They should be in a position where you can't reach though, or where warping is intended.
Quote mini-bump!
I can't place both types of warps in 2.1.  :victoria:

Quote from: crazyal02 on August 08, 2013, 09:16:17 PM
Quote from: Lord Ghetsis on August 08, 2013, 05:40:16 PM
Quote from: Dav999 on July 10, 2013, 09:40:22 PM
Quote from: Lord Ghetsis on July 10, 2013, 03:53:21 PM
How do you override the warp backgrounds?

I think having warplines does the trick. They should be in a position where you can't reach though, or where warping is intended.
Quote mini-bump!
I can't place both types of warps in 2.1.  :victoria:
I'm pretty sure you have to:

• Make sure the room isn't wrapping
  • Place warp lines
  • Exit VVVVVV
  • External edit your level (open it with a text editor)
  • Find your room
  • Set wrapping to the right kind
  • Done!
That's not necessary.
1. Place warp lines at where you want.
2. Make a checkpoint in the room and press 'enter'
3. Now exit testing.
4. Place warp direction as you like.
5. Done!

Rioshoa

Well I should post this up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EJ-piQqrO0

And of course, push the channel :p http://www.youtube.com/Rioshoa

I just don't know what's going on this time around lol.

Rioshoa

Alright, 3 going up back to back over the next 3 days.  This game just got mean!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EwDG2EE7Ew&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqJZhwbBqoE&list=PLTLM52LQuvtkid30xYR6n6O6yZJQWZD3G
This is the whole playlist of Rioshoa's gameplay on the level. I post this as I want to show that the forum is not yet dead.

VeeC7

Nice level! But why is Valso the same sprite as Verdigris?

@Kreator

Quote from: VVVVVVCrewmate7 on November 08, 2015, 03:01:25 AM
because you bumped the thread after two fucking years

allison

Worth noting that this thread only has version 1.1, and the latest version is 1.1.3, so if there's anyone here wanting to download it go to tolp2.nl instead.

That Souleye Crewmate

Quote from: VVVVVVCrewmate7 on November 08, 2015, 03:01:25 AM
*giant inhale*
*giant exhale*
don't worry TSC, don't worry TSC, don't worry TSC, hold your rage hold it hold it
hollllllllllYOU FUCKING BUMPED A 2 YEAR TOPIC AND POINTED OUT A FLAW THAT WAS MOST LIKELY ALREADY FUCKING FIXED IN THE NEW VERSION ARE YOU RETARDDDDDDDEDDDDDDDD

ZeNewDragon

Quote from: crazya02 on November 08, 2015, 03:56:40 AM
Worth noting that this thread only has version 1.1, and the latest version is 1.1.3, so if there's anyone here wanting to download it go to tolp2.nl instead.

Why not upload the newest version here? Anyone browsing casually won't bother going to tolp.

allison

Quote from: ZeNewDragon on November 08, 2015, 08:07:01 PM
Why not upload the newest version here? Anyone browsing casually won't bother going to tolp.
I don't own the OP so I can't do it myself, but I just sent a PM to ToasterApocalypse.