Previous topic - Next topic

blue626

Off-topic:
Quote from: Hilbert on May 04, 2013, 04:43:47 PM
Well. I come back from my month and a half break to see this. :victoria:

It was only a half-month break... ???

On-topic:
Quote from: FIQ on May 04, 2013, 02:31:13 PM
I'm not entirely sure, but I think the main problem isn't the lack of moderation, but the fact that it doesn't solve anything.

I think it is lack of moderation, according to what Terry tweeted yesterday and part of the OP:

Quote from: Terry on May 03, 2013, 06:17:40 PM
I'm sure a lot of you are aware that I'm not really active on these forums any more. In fact, these days it feels like I only drop in when I get a moderator email - for quite some time, these forums have just been a place for random chats about nothing in particular. That's totally fine, but I don't really have the time to moderate that.

And, in the quote above notice what he thinks of the forum. :o And according to his tweets, he seems to think there are still people playing forum games... ???

Quote from: FIQ on May 04, 2013, 02:31:13 PM
People have gotten banned left and right, and yet people still use the forum (and especially this board) as a forum where you can do anything.

Quote from: Dav999 on May 04, 2013, 02:37:37 PM
I mean, people who keep bumping 3-year-old threads even though they know that people do get banned for it, with increasing lengths?

I don't know why some people keep doing that, even if they know they're going to be banned. Maybe it's because they think it's temporary? I mean, the only permanent ban caused by a useless bump was to Hacker4334.
And then there's this:

Quote from: A quite MEDICal Derpfish on April 19, 2013, 01:41:32 AM
Quote from: A Yellow Person on April 19, 2013, 01:40:27 AM
WHAT A BIG BUMP,MEDIC.

I was trying to get attention, nobody was doing anything.

What a reason. :-X

Like I said, forum rules. If one person does that, that person should be banned for 15 days (instead of 7, like I said before) and if (s)he does it for the 2nd time, (s)he should be banned permanently.
Speaking of forum rules here are some other suggestions: No useless threads/posts (includes just saying "Agreed", "+1" or just quoting the other post), no Pokemon battles, perhaps not allowing getting only off-topic for more than 8 replies... am I being exaggerated here?
And General Discussion would then be unlocked, with all the forum game threads locked/deleted and the forum rules thread "styckied" and all the GD threads inother boards moved there. After that it could be added to the forum rules that all threads unrelated to Terry's games should go to general Discussion.
I just hope Terry reads this thread. Like he said:

Quote from: Terry on May 03, 2013, 06:17:40 PM
I'm sure a lot of you are aware that I'm not really active on these forums any more. In fact, these days it feels like I only drop in when I get a moderator email

Quote from: Dav999 on May 03, 2013, 11:37:32 PM
Maybe there's a function (or a plug in maybe?) that allows everyone to disapprove of posts instead of report, select something from a drop down list what's wrong (bump, forum game, irrelevant, etc) so a certain action will be automatically taken after a set number of people have done this. This may be useful if Terry doesn't want to make anyone here a mod.

I might search for that modification. :) I think there's another one that does something similar...

Quote from: Dav999 on May 04, 2013, 02:37:37 PM
I just want the forum to be back as it was before the forum games and nonsense threads. :( Not a closed forum.

Exactly!

(Wow, this a big post! :o)

Stick Figure

Well do you think we should start a new forum? :verdigris:

Rezznov

Fussmatte

:vermillion: Save the forum! Save the forum!

Dav999

There should still be a way to save this forum. BTW, about the mods: did anyone notice what happened to Souleye for some reason? ???

Chillius

NOOOOOOOOOO...That'll mean i can't do anything. then i'll leave YT :violet:

Dav999

Quote from: blue626 on May 04, 2013, 11:22:42 PM
Quote from: Dav999 on May 03, 2013, 11:37:32 PM
Maybe there's a function (or a plug in maybe?) that allows everyone to disapprove of posts instead of report, select something from a drop down list what's wrong (bump, forum game, irrelevant, etc) so a certain action will be automatically taken after a set number of people have done this. This may be useful if Terry doesn't want to make anyone here a mod.

I might search for that modification. :) I think there's another one that does something similar...

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1890 does something that comes close... However, it only hides posts, and it doesn't ban...

Chillius

Can't people just make a level on the off topic post  :-X

Dav999

Quote from: Super Chillius03 on May 05, 2013, 12:04:41 PM

In a month from now, a new open level will appear (not a tOLP) which will look just like a normal level.

Meanwhile, people use the script editor as a forum. :-\

Fussmatte

Quote from: Dav999 on May 05, 2013, 12:24:23 PM
Quote from: Super Chillius03 on May 05, 2013, 12:04:41 PM

In a month from now, a new open level will appear (not a tOLP) which will look just like a normal level.

Meanwhile, people use the script editor as a forum. :-\

HA. HA! HAHAHAHAHA

Bearboy

It's time for me to make a separate SMF.
But what should it be called?

Fussmatte

Quote from: Bearboy on May 05, 2013, 05:43:11 PM
Woah! Our posts were only 15 seconds apart! :o

Bearboy

Quote from: Doormat on May 05, 2013, 05:44:03 PM
Quote from: Bearboy on May 05, 2013, 05:43:11 PM
Woah! Our posts were only 15 seconds apart! :o
WOWIE ZOWIE

EDIT: I just found out for SMF I think you need to have a website already.
Roopsie Daisy.

Fussmatte

I think I'd like to start the Distractionware Forums replacement... after all, I have my own server! I'm gonna go try to install SMF on it...