Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want a level editor for the 3DS?

Yes and say why
21 (95.5%)
No and say why
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Dav999

How about some of the ideas which were posted here?

Quote from: Dav999 (quote slightly modified)
Like, you can have a preview of the entire room on the top screen while it's being created (zoomed in) on the bottom screen.

Wow, let's all think of how the editor would work.

Analog pad: move around the zoomed in room on the bottom screen.
D-pad: move to different rooms
SELECT: ESC-menu
START: direct mode
X: playtest the level
Y: shift menu (change color, tileset, enemies, ...)
A: space menu (wall, backing, spikes...)
B: eraser tool
L&R: change tools

(where you can place tiles with the stylus)

Hilbert

Quote from: Dav999 on June 23, 2013, 06:50:02 PM

I like the visuality, but the people on 3DS probably don't know what any of this means, so instead of the code for ifflag or iftrinkets or stuff, do something like "If flag 1 is on, go to ______", "Turn flag 1 on" and "Viridian replies '________'". Also, maybe more crew colors such as Voon, Vaelyn and Veil, and you can pick which crewman to say the lines. Oh, and you can use 0-100 flags, but not 67. :)

I support! :viridian:

Dav999

Quote from: Hilbert on July 04, 2013, 12:29:23 PM

I like the visuality, but the people on 3DS probably don't know what any of this means, so instead of the code for ifflag or iftrinkets or stuff, do something like "If flag 1 is on, go to ______", "Turn flag 1 on" and "Viridian replies '________'". Also, maybe more crew colors such as Voon, Vaelyn and Veil, and you can pick which crewman to say the lines. Oh, and you can use 0-100 flags, but not 67. :)

Good idea about the "If flag 1 is on, go to ______" and "Turn flag 1 on" stuff (I just wrote it like that in the screenshot because there wasn't enough space), maybe it should even be renamed to make clear what it actually is, but there should probably remain backward compatibility. That would mean no additional crew colors, and it would just give a warning when you try to use flag 67, or an explanation as to why it's not available (flag 100 doesn't exist, btw). I think "Viridian replies" is not really necessary though, you can just do it with showing the text box like it's going to be shown.

FIQ

Quote from: Dav999 on July 04, 2013, 01:47:20 PM

Good idea about the "If flag 1 is on, go to ______" and "Turn flag 1 on" stuff (I just wrote it like that in the screenshot because there wasn't enough space), maybe it should even be renamed to make clear what it actually is, but there should probably remain backward compatibility. That would mean no additional crew colors, and it would just give a warning when you try to use flag 67, or an explanation as to why it's not available (flag 100 doesn't exist, btw). I think "Viridian replies" is not really necessary though, you can just do it with showing the text box like it's going to be shown.
If you want to compromise between backward compatibility and user friendlyness, make the list able to show flag 1-99, and alias flag 67 to flag 0.
If you want to maintain user friendlyness most, fix that stupid bug.

Chyulix

Quote from: FIQ on July 04, 2013, 03:15:29 PM
Quote from: Dav999 on July 04, 2013, 01:47:20 PM

If you want to compromise between backward compatibility and user friendlyness, make the list able to show flag 1-99, and alias flag 67 to flag 0.
If you want to maintain user friendlyness most, fix that stupid bug.
I swear... My idea may come true with all of this support. :D

Chyulix

allison

Quote from: Chyulix on July 25, 2013, 10:19:02 PM
BUMP

Thank you for that informative contribution to the discussion

Chillius

Still though. this would be amazing!  ::)

UberHacker

OK...

I went on a JUMBO hiatus and I come back to a bunch of archived topics. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s  :'( :'( :'(

Now that that's over with, I think that this is and AWESOME idea! If possible, perhaps one can even upload and download them from a built-in level manager! SD card exchanging is a MUST.

allison

UberHacker

allison

Quote from: UberHacker on August 08, 2013, 07:37:31 PM
Quote from: crazyal02 on July 29, 2013, 02:27:57 PM
Quote from: UberHacker on July 28, 2013, 08:33:22 PM
I went on a JUMBO hiatus and I come back to a bunch of archived topics. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s  :'( :'( :'(

This is what you need

Thanks, crazyal02! But the link doesn't load at all! ???

I believe the site was down for a bit, try it now

UberHacker

Quote from: crazyal02 on August 08, 2013, 09:16:58 PM
Quote from: UberHacker on August 08, 2013, 07:37:31 PM
Quote from: crazyal02 on July 29, 2013, 02:27:57 PM
Quote from: UberHacker on July 28, 2013, 08:33:22 PM

This is what you need

Thanks, crazyal02! But the link doesn't load at all! ???

I believe the site was down for a bit, try it now

Just IP problems. :-X Dav's helping me.

Dav999

UberHacker uses AT&T just like Luigi700 and they both can't get on. It's a known problem that AT&T blocks the host tolp.net16.net is on... :victoria:

Chyulix

Quote from: Dav999 on August 11, 2013, 08:59:50 AM
UberHacker uses AT&T just like Luigi700 and they both can't get on. It's a known problem that AT&T blocks the host tolp.net16.net is on... :victoria:
no, i tried and im not using at&t and im on my computer and it doesnt work.  :victoria: